OUR #1 RATED BEST CONCERT UKULELE
|1||Cordoba 15CM Concert Ukulele||365 Reviews||$99.00||VIEW NOW|
|2||Cordoba 15CM Concert Ukulele Bundle with Gig Bag, Tuner, Austin Bazaar Instructional DVD, and...||110 Reviews||$119.99||VIEW NOW|
|3||Ukulele Concert Size Bundle From Lohanu (LU-C) 2 Strap Pins Installed FREE Uke Strap Case Tuner...||2,498 Reviews||from $79.99||VIEW NOW|
|4||Concert Ukulele Ranch 23 inch Professional Wooden ukelele Instrument Kit With Free Online 12 Lessons...||580 Reviews||$59.99||VIEW NOW|
|5||Cordoba Deluxe Concert Ukulele Gig Bag||89 Reviews||$19.99||VIEW NOW|
The concert ukulele is among the different types of a ukulele, according to its size.
It’s a size bigger than a soprano, but smaller than a tenor ukulele, with baritone ukuleles being the biggest of all types.
Concert ukuleles are known to be perfect fit for players planning to transition to a ukulele.
If you’re one of these players, better be starting with the best concert ukuleles that are currently booming. Below are the top five choices.
10 Best Concert Ukuleles (2019 Reviews)
Known to be source of great ukuleles, Cordoba boasts its best-selling concert ukulele. Cordoba 15CMtops our best concert ukuleles list with its premium features. Handcrafted to its users’ delight, the 15CM gives a sound so pleasing you’ll forget all your problems.
Featuring a mahogany body, the 15CM sits at a perfect size and produces a rich, full sound. Its abalone-style rosette and ivoroid fingerboard binding makes it one of a kind. But, it’s not all about sound, too. The 15CM displays silver tuners with pearl buttons and premium Aquila strings, completed by a satin finish.
Beginners and pros will love the 15CM as it’s easy to use and has adorable features.
- Mahogany top, sides and back
- Beautiful design
- Nylon strings
- Frets could have been better
- Bundle includes Gig Bag, Austin Bazaar Instructional DVD, Clip-On Tuner, and Polishing Cloth
- Lanikai quality at an affordable price
- Nato top, back, and sides
- Rosewood fretboard
- White binding
Offering a variety of high quality musical instruments, Lanikai gives you one of its best concert ukuleles. The LU-21 is among the affordable, but excellent ukuleles they’ve produced. If you’re looking for the perfect ukulele with a price that won’t break the bank, this one’s for you.
Complete with a body constructed using nato wood, the LU-21 features a rosewood fret board with chrome die-cast tuners. Much like the LU-11, this concert ukulele has a white binding which makes it look more attractive when paired with the red-tinted finish.
Packed with everything you need as a start-up kit in playing a concert ukulele, the 15CM comes with a clip-on tuner, manual DVD, and polishing cloth.
- Attractive design
- Clip-on geared tuner included
- Instruction manual might be difficult to understand by a beginner
- It features select Hawaiian Koa body and top with gloss finish
- It has Abalone binding and rosette on top
- It features Nyatoh neck, rosewood fingerboard and bridge
- It has Grover chrome tuners
- It has lifetime warranty
Coming from a company that uses only the most premium quality wood, strong construction, all with a worthy price, Oscar Schmidt brings OU5 Concert Ukulele. With its pleasing look and amazing sound, you’ll look no further. Considered as one of the best concert ukuleles with lots of positive reviews, the OU5 is worthy of your attention.
Boasting a select Hawaiian koa wood construction, the OU5 gives a very pleasing sound so likeable in any concert ukuleles. Owning an abalone binding and rosette, the OU5 will make every pastime enjoyable.
Complete with a natural gloss finish, the OU5’s Nyatoh neck owns 16 frets in a rosewood fret board. Keeping it in tune won’t be a problem, thanks to its Grover chrome tuners.
- Select Hawaiian koa body
- Classic look
- Grover tuner
- Could be a little louder
- Body style: Concert ukuleleTop: Laminated spruceBack and Sides: Laminated rosewoodFingerboard:
- RosewoodBridge: RosewoodInlay pattern: Mother-of-pearl mini-dotsRosette:
- AbaloneBinding: White with abalone purflingFinish: Natural glossTuners: traditional button
Perfect for guitar players transitioning to ukuleles, the Mitchell MU 70 is the perfect ukulele to start with. Giving a feel of traditional acoustic guitar vibes, the MU 70 is one of the top choices of best concert ukuleles.
Featuring a spruce top with a rosewood construction for the rest of the parts, the MU 70 gives a pretty solid construction and full, resonating sound. It also features a wide neck and deep sound box.
Adding to its excellent features is its great playability. The MU 70 owns gentle and high quality Aquila strings which adds up to its amazing sound.
- Great sound and tone
- Solid build
- Some frets may sound off
- Kala Concert Mahogany Ukulele in a rich, satin finish with bright, contrasting cream binding. As the industry leader, our focus is to provide you with a high-quality, great sounding ukulele at an affordable price.
- These are gorgeous instruments that sound and play much more like an expensive, one-off, boutique-grade ukulele and have a warm, full-bodied, balanced tone.
- Comes with Graphtec NuBone nut and saddle, Silver Nickel Frets, Chrome Die-Cast Tuners, & Aquila Super Nylgut strings from Italy
- Kala ukuleles are played by some of the most renowned players around the world including: twenty one pilots, Vance Joy, dodie, EatMyUke, The Ukulele Teacher, and Zac Brown.
- CONCERT UKULELE - This would be considered a mid-sized ukulele with a bit longer scale and more frets than a soprano, which also makes it louder - tuned G C E A.
The Kala KA-Cis here to prove that it does not take a hefty price tag to own one of the best concert ukuleles. Coming from a brand that has a great reputation in terms of giving high quality and innovative ukuleles, the KA-C is no doubt one of the best concert ukuleles.
Featuring a solid mahogany construction, the KA-C offers a deep and mellow tone with great intonation. Keeping and having it in tune won’t be a problem, thanks to its geared tuners. Also featuring a rosewood fingerboard and bridge, the KA-C gives great intonation.
The KA-C features Aquila strings and has a gloss finish, so it’s both playable and pleasing to look at. Perfect for beginners, the KA-C is a good medium for you to improve your playing skills.
- Perfect for beginners
- Great craftsmanship
- May require tuning every now and then
- About the sound: this ukulele is made of solid mahogany, which has a longer sustain compared to a laminated uke. This makes the sound warmer, cleaner and more pure. The tone of this ukulele will continue improving and progressively sound better as the wood ages. That's one reason this is a great ukulele for a beginner.
- Stays in tune: This ukulele comes with an 18:1 premium tuner machine, pure copper gears and aquila strings, pre-tuned before shipping to help ensure the strings stretch out properly and stay in tune better upon arrival.
- Free online lesson: Check out the beginner ukulele lesson on our website and YouTube channel. With the start manual and full set of accessories (tuner, strap, picks, gig bag, extra set of strings), you will learn the basics to play ukulele in 30 minutes.
- Unparalleled Craftsmanship: This ukulele has a unique design with a rounded edge for comfortable practicing and playing. It has an embedded rib to reinforce the neck, strict action height control to ensure excellent tone and playability and neck sanding to help prevent scratching.
- Warranty: We offer a free 45-day money back guarantee. Contact us if you have any problems with your ukulele and we will do our best to make things right.
They say that a uke made of solid mahogany has a better quality compared to those made with laminated material. Laminated woods have their own advantages, but if you’re looking for a uke that produces a more pure sound, then one made of mahogany is the obvious choice.
The Aklot AKS21 is one such ukulele made with solid mahogany. Thanks to its high quality yet affordable material, this uke produces nothing but the warmest and cleanest sounds – a rarity among ukuleles within the $100 range.
Another great reason why you might want to get the Aklot AKS21 is the fact that its tone improves as the mahogany wood ages. So if you’re also on the hunt for something affordable yet long-standing, this is the uke to get.
But apart from its wood, I also love this ukulele because it stays in tune. Tuning guitars can be a daunting task especially for beginners but with a uke that does not require constant tuning, learners can then focus on playing the guitar.
The Aklot AKS21 comes with an 18:1 premium tuner machine, Aquila strings, and copper gears – basically everything that a beginner would need to improve his guitar playing skills.
- Sports a simple yet comfortable design
- Perfect for long hours of practice
- Made with mahogany wood that promises durability and excellent sound quality as it ages
- Stays in tune longer and comes with an 18:1 premium tuner machine
- Comes with a full set of accessories
- Gig bag and extra strings
- Professional assistance may be needed to replace its strings
- Users have reported a bit of buzz on the strings
- Now Shipping With Aquila Strings
- Graph Tech NUBONE XB Bridge Saddle
- Gold Plated Dolphon Machine Heads
- Includes Carrying Bag
- NOTE: Kindly refer the Instructional Video from the Image Section before use which is highly recommended.
Who says you can’t enjoy fun designs with a cheaper ukulele? The Mahalo Ukulele has a wide range of rainbow colors to choose from, and its simple design is perfect for both younger learners and adults alike.
The dolphin-shaped tuners are also a fun and stylish addition, complementing the minimalistic design of its body.
The Mahalo Ukulele covers all the basics – it has a NuBone XB bridge saddle for better tone, and it also has the Aquila Nylgut strings for a guaranteed warm and bright sound.
But the number one reason why I would recommend the Mahalo Ukulele for beginners is the fact that purchasing the ukulele usually comes with a 45-minute downloadable lesson.
These lessons are taught by Ukulele Bartt and it covers everything from tuning, musical vocabulary, chord voicing, and of course, proper playing technique.
In my opinion, this ukulele from Mahalo is a great option for beginners who want something simple and reliable. The downloadable lessons are also convenient for those who don’t have time to attend classes, or for those who simply want to get started right away.
- Comes in a wide variety of colors
- Simply choose your favorite color
- Sports a simple and classic design with fun details such as the dolphin-shaped tuner
- Comfortable to hold and easy to play with
- Includes downloadable lessons that cover all the basics
- Inconsistent quality and craftsmanship (depends on where the guitar was manufactured)
- Best entry level option but is not recommended for more advanced learning
- Soprano size
- Eastern mahogany construction
- Geared tuning machines
- Ukulele song book included
- Manufactured by Hohner
The brand Lanikai is known to many ukulele players across the globe. It is popular for its great quality and affordability. But did you know that Lanikai ukes are manufactured by the German brand, Hohner?
They are a reputable company known to produce some of the best musical instruments in the world today. That being said, the Lanikai ukuleles are definitely one of their best creations as well.
The Lanikai Kohala is a great option for beginners who want to explore soprano-sized ukuleles. It has an Eastern mahogany construction for a great tone and top-notch quality geared tuning machines that help keep your uke in tune.
But personally, I like this ukulele because it comes with tons of useful accessories that make learning fun and easy. If you’re looking for a great quality uke that comes with a complete package, then you need to get the Lanikai Kohala.
- Manufactured by Hohner
- A well-trusted brand for musical instruments
- Sports a simple design and made with high-quality materials
- Comes with many useful accessories such as a gig bag
- Clip-on tuner and polish cloth
- Quality of the frets and fretboard need improvement
- Accessories included are subpar in terms of quality
- Soprano ukulele with traditional shape produces a full-bodied sound
- Quick to learn with easy to play 3 chord chart
- Strong maple body and neck in addition to a clear, high gloss finish make for long-lasting durability
- Equipped with geared guitar style tuners to ensure your use stays in tune
- Includes black gig bag for easy storage and transport
If you are focused on improving your ukulele playing skills, then the Diamon Head DU-150 is here to help you out. This soprano ukulele sports a traditional shape that allows it to produce that classic full-bodied sound. It comes with a sturdy maple body and neck, topped with a high gloss finish for durability.
But the reason why you should be getting this uke is the fact that learning how to play the ukulele is quick with this Diamond Head DU-150, thanks to its easy-to-play 3 chord chart.
Apart from this, this uke also comes with guitar style tuners that can help keep your uke in tune for longer. If you are a beginner who wants to learn how to play better, faster, then the Diamon Head DU-150 is your new best friend.
- Comes in a traditional shape that helps produce a fuller
- Richer sound
- Has an easy-to-play 3 chord chart
- A perfect addition for beginners
- Features guitar style tuners to help you stay in tune longer
- Included black gig bag needs improvement in terms of quality
- The quality of strings can be better
- AAA Grade Flame Maple Top
- Built-in piezo film undersaddle pickup.
- Top quality 14:1 geared machine heads
- Includes Gig Bag
- 15 Inch Scale Length
The brand Epiphone has been manufacturing musical instruments for over 140 years. With a history that long, one can only expect the best in terms of quality from their instruments.
The Epiphone Les Paul acoustic/electric is one of their best ukulele creations yet and its affordable price tag makes it an even more attractive offer to ukulele players.
Although it is a bit pricier than what you can find around the $100 price range, it comes with plenty of premium features than many entry-level ukes don’t have.
First, it comes with an AAA Grade flame maple top and a built-in piezo film under saddle pickup. This assures an all-natural and accurate sound as it is routed to a durable 1/4-inch output jack. Just plug it into an amp and you’ll be shocked at how close you can get to a true acoustic tone.
- Made by a well-trusted brand with only the best quality materials
- Comes with high-quality components but with an affordable price tag
- Sounds perfect acoustically or through an amp
- One of the more expensive options on the list
Factors to Consider When Buying a Concert Ukulele
As mentioned earlier, there are different sizes of ukulele according to its size. If you’re into a deeper and more sustained sound, a concert ukulele is for you.
Before diving into the factors to consider before buying a concert ukulele, let’s talk about its advantages and disadvantages so you’ll know the bits and pieces about the said ukulele.
Having a concert ukulele means getting yourself the perfect size for playing. It has the perfect size for gripping and provides more finger board room. It’s the suitable size for every player who wants to use a concert ukulele– even a kid can easily utilize it. Its size is both safe and universal.
Speaking of kids, concert ukuleles are also perfect for beginners. It allows you to play more notes since the fingerboard is relatively longer and contains more frets.
This is where your song writing skills shine because you can play more songs and create your own music by mixing and matching various chords.
Aside from it being user-friendly, concert ukuleles also have better tone quality. If a soprano ukulele’s sound just don’t make the cut for you, here’s a good news.
Its sound is like a mix of a soprano and tenor ukulele, imagine how good that sounds. By using the G string better, you’d get equally better chords from it.
If you’re a performer and often play standing up, you’ll need one of the best concert ukuleles there is. Most of its players adore its size as it’s just enough to tuck under the arms while playing. Even without a strap, you won’t have a hard time playing it and you’ll still have an awesome time.
Concert ukuleles are also great for finger-picking. If you feel like you need more practice in terms of finger-picking on a ukulele, a concert ukulele is your go-to. Since it has the perfect universal size and more finger board room, there would not be any problem spending time with this type.
Lastly, concert ukuleles aren’t just about sound quality, they’re also aesthetic. A lot of manufacturing company up their game by creating best concert ukuleles with artistic and elegant designs. There are all sorts of designs available in the market, it’s up to you to pick your fave.
On the flip side, let’s tackle about the disadvantages of a concert ukulele. Of course you won’t appreciate the good without experiencing the bad. The good news is, the positive side outnumber the negative.
We know that a concert ukulele contains more frets. However, because of this, some might find it a hassle as it gets confusing. Some might find it hard to get used to learning the chords.
Just like guitars, ukuleles also need tuning from time to time. As for the case of concert ukuleles, tuning might take time. Tuning is a necessary task when it comes to owning a concert ukulele, but it’ll be worth it as it’s done to keep it updated.
Now that the cat’s out of the bag, it’s time to shop for the best concert ukuleles in the market. But, before sealing the deal, there are things to look out for. The key is to know what you want and finding the ideal one that ticks all the right boxes.
Some of the most popularly used wood tones in building the best concert ukuleles are Hawaiian koa, Sitka spruce or spruce, and mahogany. These tone woods are all high in quality and greatly affects how a concert ukulele sounds.
The overall quality of the ukulele may depend on how it’s built and the materials used. Wood used dictates the life span of the ukulele and also its price. This might mean that you’ll get less features in cheaper price tags.
One of the most necessary things to do before finally picking one of the best concert ukuleles is to try it out first. It’s very important to hear how it sounds so you can evaluate if you like it or not. Since every concert ukulele is made distinctly, their sounds will differ from one another.
Once you are in your local instrument shop, play a couple chords first so you can distinguish its sound quality. While you’re at it, feel its strings. It’s very important to have gentle strings and be comfortable with it.
Although strings can be changed, you’ll save time and effort in tuning it if you’re already comfortable with the strings that come with your preferred ukulele.
Sometimes, the best concert ukuleles aren’t cheap. But, it all really depends on what you like. The best one for you may be with a laminated top, which might not cost too much.
Usually, lower price range equate to an entry level model. Concert ukuleles of this price range may be perfect for a jam session with friends, nothing really serious.
Mid-range concert ukuleles are preferred by many. They testified that a little adjustment on the bridge, nut, and frets produces good tone and sustain.
Now, if you’re looking for a high-end ukulele, expect to be cashing out a lot of dollars. Most professional players consider the best concert ukuleles with a higher price range.
If you want a concert ukulele that has it all, get yourself a Cordoba 15CM Concert Ukulele. Featuring a mahogany body, premium Aquila strings, and silver tuners, the 15CM is no doubt one of the best concert ukuleles in the market.
Reviews about it are all about how the 15CM produces an excellent sound because of its body construction. They also love that it does not just sound good, but also look good. However, some users say that the frets could have been filed better.