EDITOR’S CHOICE: After doing our research and tests, the best cheap keyboard piano goes to the Casio SA76, which comes with the very portable body and easy-to-use interface, which both children and beginners will be able to use without any hassle.
If you’re looking for the best cheap keyboard piano to begin honing your skills, then read on as I show you the top seven keyboard pianos that come at such an affordable price!
5 Best Cheap Keyboard Pianos Under $200
Based on my research and tests, these are the five best cheap keyboard pianos you can find now:
THE SMALL YET RELIABLE
- 44 mini-sized keys and 5 percussion pads
- 100 sounds and 50 rhythm patterns. Dimension: 23.8 inch W x 8.3 inch D x 2.24 inch H
- Simple tone selection with PIANO, ORGAN tone button and melody on/off lesson function
- Easy-to-read LCD display
- Product doesn't include an adapter
What makes the Casio SA76 the best cheap keyboard piano is because of its excellent portability and very affordable price. It’s a 44-key piano, which makes it suitable for beginners or children and seniors. It’s user-friendly, with the bunch of tempos and sounds to tweak for fun and practice. All in all, something ideal for those on-the-go or for young beginners!
- Cheap price
- Lightweight and portable
- Easy to use and with the necessary features
- Doesn’t come with an adapter
- A limited number of key
THE ONE WITH AUTHENTIC FEEL
- FLAWLESS, AUTHENTIC RANGE OF SOUND: Built-in speakers offer tremendous sound, complete with 255 Timbres, 255 rhythms, 61 keyboard percussions, and 24 demonstration songs.
- INTEGRATED LEARNING SYSTEM: Designed for beginner to intermediate-level use, this multi-function keyboard piano features 61 standard-size keys, providing a traditional piano or organ feel for versatile learning and an exciting acoustic experience. With advanced sound options and an LCD display for easy settings control, keyboard comes with a detachable stand to hold sheet music.
- DELUXE EFFECTS & FEATURES: Ideally suited to master finger control, this portable piano keyboard allows for play of single-fingered and fingered auto-bass chords, with the capacity to select chord timbre, program/edit rhythm, as well as utilize effects such as vibrato, sustain, & ensemble. Additional features include rhythm sync and fill-in, tempo adjustment, accompanying volume, and a master volume control.
- RECORD & PLAYBACK, with MICROPHONE & HEADPHONE JACK: Belt out in song or discreetly practice on headphones, along with the option to record and playback for improved performance. Includes microphone with a 4' cord, audio input, output, and headphone jack.
- EASY TO USE & PORTABLE: Ready-to-use right out of the box, just power with 6 AA batteries (not included) and take this compact, lightweight musical keyboard on the road or to lessons, or use the US-standard 110 -120 volt power adapter and plug into the wall for extended play sessions.
If you need the best cheap keyboard piano that comes with a mic and quality sounds for practice and performances, then you’ll appreciate the Hamzer Piano Keyboard, which has the flawless range of sound that feels authentic! With an integrated learning system and a microphone, you’ll easily be able to record songs, whether in private or for everyone to hear.
- Quality sound with hundreds of rhythms
- Traditional piano feel
- Has a mic and headphone jack for private playing
- Mic needs improvement
- Keys are smaller than usual
THE COMPLETE PACKAGE
- Standard piano keys keyboard with MP3 player function. Perfect standard 61-key keyboard for beginners. Unique music player function-mp3p (USB disk not included)
- Includes 255 timbres, 255rhythms and 50 demonstration songs. Produces high quality sounds and effects. Provides players with colorful and fantastic playing experience
- High-quality LED display. Multifunctional LED screen. Sensitive reflects functions/effects chosen or guides correct notes to press in demo songs. Helps players better learn and control
- Multiple PATTERNS&FUNCTIONS. Keyboard percussion, master volume/ accom volume/ tempo control, single finger/ fingered chord, start/ stop/ sync/ fill-in etc
- Complete set with everything needed. This pack contains music stand, headphone, keyboard stand, music Stool, DC 9V/AC adaptor. Everything needed for keyboard performance is well provided
Why is the Joy JK-63M-KIT considered as the best cheap keyboard piano? That’s because of its complete package that has you able to use the keyboard once you receive it. It doesn’t only have the hundreds of rhythms and sounds to choose from, but a stool, headphones, and its own stand for efficient practicing!
- Comes with everything you need to begin playing
- Hundreds of sounds to choose from
- Beginner-friendly with LCD display
- Keys aren’t weighted
- Not very easy to assemble
THE BEST FOR TEACHING AND PRACTICE
- Electronic keyboard with 61 full sized keys and LED display screen with lots of sounds and features
- Set includes an adjustable stand made of heavy duty steel construction and a music note rest
- Features 3 teaching mode, 60 demos, 300 rhythms, 300 timbres and full record and playback options
- Connects to microphone, headphone, and power line also has a USB port
- Powered with plugin adapter (included) or 6 D sized batteries (not included)
For those who want something for kids or to begin practicing on their own, then the Click n’ Play is the best cheap keyboard piano for you! I like that it comes with three teaching modes and about 300 rhythms and timbres to choose from, along with the full record and playback options which make it the best for learning.
- Easy to assemble and use
- Has teaching modes for better practice
- Quality sounds for its price
- Flimsy stand
- Some complaints of volume control
THE LIGHTWEIGHT AND EASY TO ASSEMBLE
- 61 compact, light-weighted keys and built-in speakers
- 200 built-in sounds with layer and split modes plus 128 accompaniment rhythms
- Learn 10 featured songs in three instruction modes or record your own
- Included headphones automatically mute the speakers for private practice
- Easy-to-assemble stand, adjustable bench and microphone also included
Those who need the best cheap keyboard piano that’s easy to bring around, then you will appreciate the Alesis Melody‘s lightweight body. It has the light-weighted keys and quality built-in speakers that feels as good as it sounds. And with headphones, stand, and a stool included, you can enjoy practicing immediately!
- Easy to set up and bring around
- Complete package
- Perfect for learning and practice
- Mic and headphones aren’t very high-quality
- Flimsy stand
How to Choose the Best Keyboard Piano
Besides knowing about these products, it’s also important to learn about how you can choose one suitable for you. To help narrow down your choices, here are some tips and factors to consider:
Size and Number of Keys
The first thing I do when choosing a piano is figuring out how much space you can allow for it. I also consider portability if you want to bring it around for gigs or traveling
As for the number of keys included, you can find pianos that range from 25 to 88 (like an authentic piano). I recommend that you go between 44 to 88 keys, with 61 keys being the middle point.
Action and Touch Sensitivity
You’ll want to ensure that the keys on your digital piano will feel as authentic as a real piano. With that being said, it has to have the weighted or semi-weighted hammer action and the good sense when you press into any of the keys.
I like keyboards that come with extra features that make it beginner-friendly, such as song recorders, MIDI connectivity, lessons, and other “freebies” like a stand or stools to begin practicing immediately. That way, you won’t have any trouble playing the piano when you receive it.
Wrapping It Up
Hopefully, this product guide on the best cheap keyboard piano gave you an idea on what you should begin investing in for your home or gigs. So don’t wait any longer and check any of these pianos out today!
For those who have questions or want to share your tips and experiences finding a quality piano, then comment below. Your input is much appreciated.