Today’s Deals on Our Top Pick
Have you ever wanted to try playing the cello? These are interesting instruments that produced such peaceful, wondrous music, which is why I wanted to learn how to play it myself! But the hardest part about it was choosing among the best cellos for beginners.
If you feel the same way, then read on! I did my research and tests to help you make the wise decision.
Here are our top picks for the best cellos for beginners in 2019
- Size 4/4 (Full Size) high-luster varnish cello
- Crack-proof spruce top with maple neck, back & sides
Cecilio is best known for their quality instruments, and the CCO-100 Student Cello is no exception. It has the fantastic look and feels to it, with the maple fingerboard and pegs. The cello is amazing for first students and beginners, especially because of the rich and mournful sound that plays amazingly for both lessons and performances.
With the stunning look down to the beautiful sound it resonates, it’s a great starter cello at a moderate price.
- Fantastic quality with a good build to last for years of usage
- The rich and mournful sound that can be used for performances
- Quality bow and casing for easy transport
- It requires tuning but it starts to flatten over time
- Some complaints about receiving the damaged product (which is free to replace)
- Size 4/4 (Full Size) high-luster varnish cello with inlaid purfling
- Hand-carved solid spruce top with flamed maple neck, back & sides
For those who want an upgrade from the student cello, then you’ll love the Cecilio CCO-500. It’s made of the high-luster varnish, the solid spruce top, and maple neck, sides, and back. As for its sound, it produces the richest tones you can get for the money.
You receive what you pay for and with a few minor adjustments, you’ll be able to enjoy this cello for a long time.
- It’s durable and lasts long for beginners and intermediate players
- Produces the great sound from the solid ebony and spruce top
- Has an attractive and professional design
- It’s better to replace the cello strings
- There are some complaints of receiving scratched cellos
- An easy-to-play cello that will bring years of enjoyment to any cellist
- Warm and round tone, playability, hand-feel and consistency will keep you motivated
The D Z Strad Student Cello is quite an investment. Upon looking at the price, it will have you wonder if it’s really worth playing the cello for. However, if you’re sure of playing the cello for the long-term and want something to use even as you advance to intermediate levels, then this is a worthy purchase.
For its price, you get the best quality, made with the beautiful wood and amazing craftsmanship that are what make it durable and with the fantastic sound quality. It has the warm and round tone which stays consistent regardless of how long you use it for!
- Can be used for beginner and intermediate levels
- Professionals love the quality and recommend the brand
- Excellent sound quality that stays consistent
- It comes at a very expensive price
- Some complaints of receiving it in bad packaging
- Rosewood Fingerboard, Pegs, Fittings & End Pin
- Maple back, neck and sides
The D’Luca MC100 is a student cello offering the amazing quality.It’s still a great starter cello made for both beginners and intermediate players.
Though it comes at a more expensive price, you pay for better quality, sound, and durability that make it a long-term instrument to use until you reach the professional level. It’s made of the rosewood fingerboard and maple wood, producing clear and consistent sounds. Passing in all looks, sounds, and durability, you’ll get your money’s worth.
- Cello looks good with the maple wood and rosewood materials
- Everything you need is included
- Great for beginners and intermediate players
- Great and accommodating customer service
- Doesn’t come with a long warranty
- Requires minor tuning when you first receive it
- New and high quality This set includes a cello, bag, bow, rosin and bridge
- 4/4 full size The bow is made from arbor and white horse tail
You’ll be surprised that for its price, the LYKOS 4/4 Acoustic Cello offers the quality sound and strings that make it a great first cello for beginners. This full-sized cello is made of the high-quality basswood, with the fingerboard and pegs made from ebony. The bow is made from the arbor and white horsetail, which is what helps with the crisp and rich tones.
To sweeten the deal, there is rosin included, as well as the soft bag and bridge. It performs well when played and many beginners will enjoy improving their skill as they go!
- Made of high-quality materials that help bring out the rich sound
- Affordable price with great value and necessary accessories
- Feels comfortable when used for beginners
- Some complaints with delivery
- Made best for practices
- Not performances
How to Choose the Best Cello For Beginners – A Guide
As long as you’re knowledgeable about the different kinds of cellos, you won’t have trouble choosing one suitable for you.
These are the crucial factors to know about when a beginner cello:
Size and Height
For beginners older than 12 years old, the full-size is made for you. Take note that the bigger the cello is, the more tone it produces.
Sound Quality and Responsiveness
Of course, you’ll want quality sound coming from your cello. It should have the responsiveness when used, as well as the excellent tone and projection. With beginner cellos, don’t expect the professional tone, but don’t scrimp and get one with lower-quality sounds.
Bow Quality and Weight
Your bow’s weight and quality can affect the sound and tone of your cello. That’s why you should also focus on the bow and other accessories, ensuring that it’s made of quality. The same goes for getting powerful strings for coherence in sound!
Check out this helpful video showing you more about the cello..
What is the best cello for beginners?
Quick Answer: The Cecilio CCO-100 Student Cello is best cello for beginners as it has simple yet elegant sounds that is suited for any student, which is also surprising for its price. It’s got the quality finish that looks and feels professional, including all the accessories you need.
From its amazing and strong materials that help produce good tone and projection, it’s a worthy investment.
I hope that this article on the best beginner cellos gave you an idea on what to get.
Today’s Deals on Our Top Pick