OUR #1 RATED BEST HOME RECORDING STUDIO PACKAGE
Bundles and packages always sound like a good idea.
Aside from carrying your basic needs, you don’t have to look elsewhere to get other tools and equipment for your home recording studio.
This is why some beginner music producers opt in finding the best home recording studio packages.
Home recording studio packages are a great way to start working on music productions.
Basic audio recording and music production tools all in one package? Sounds like a treat, for me.
Factors To Consider When Buying a Home Recording Studio Package
Before you go looking for the best home recording studio package in the market, there some things you should know first. Once you get to know them one by one, then it’s easy to picture the ideal one for you.
Basic Items In The Package
Since microphones are somewhat the star of the show, some home recording studio package only contains one good condenser microphone. To some music producers, a high quality condenser microphone might be the last piece they need to start recording.
On the other hand, there are a lot of studio bundles and packages that consist of all your necessities to create and record your next big soundtrack. To have an idea of what to expect from a normal recording studio package, let’s tackle the inclusions piece by piece.
The first and most important necessity in a studio bundle is the audio interface. This is an external interface that would connect your instruments, mic, headphones, and speakers to your PC or laptop. For starters, 2 or 4 channel audio interfaces are enough.
The next important thing would be the microphone. Really, would it even be called a home recording studio package without one? The most common type to be found in some packages is a condenser studio-quality microphone. This type offers wide frequency range and is able to record vocals and instruments beautifully.
And what would you do with your recordings without a trusty music software? Studio bundles often include DAW software to finish and complete your tracks in one go. The most popular ones that are used are Ableton Live, Cubase, and Logic Pro.
Studio headphones or speakers are also included. Whenever you record or edit your tracks, great quality headphones will give justice to your work. Studio quality headphones and speakers give a flat and balanced sound that would fit perfectly in a studio arrangement.
Lastly, all the necessary cables SHOULD be included to the package. I mean, what even is the point of putting such equipment without its cables?
Now that we’ve tackled about the equipment included in a normal package, the next thing to consider is how much you’re willing to splurge on your best home recording studio package. Setting your target price range will help you decide which one to buy.
Featured on our list are some of the best ones in the market priced no more than $300.
5 Best Home Recording Studio Packages 2019
- Includes: Scarlett 2i2 USB audio interface, condenser microphone, headphones, 10' XLR mic cable, mic stand clip
- Two natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps with plenty of even gain; two newly-designed instrument inputs, designed to handle seriously hot guitar pick-ups
- LIMITED TIME OFFER: FREE access to Sonarworks' Reference 4 Headphone Edition upon registration and download.
- Includes Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite, Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Focusrite's Red Plug-in Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples, Choice of one free XLN Addictive Keys virtual instrument, all available via download upon purchase and registration
- Compatible with Windows 7 and higher, and Mac OS X 10.10 and higher. Frequency response - 20 Hz - 20 kHz ± 0.1dB. Supported Sample Rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz. 2-year limited warranty on manufacturing defects
Garnering numerous positive reviews, the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Studio 2nd Gen is our next best home recording studio package. Boasting its worldwide phenomenon, the 2i2 audio interface easily wins the hearts of thousands and thousands of music producers.
With the ability to record up to 192kHz, who would seriously question this package?
Featured in the package is Focusrite’s best-selling audio interface, the Scarlett 2i2, with its versatile 2-in, 2-out interface equipped with two high quality mic preamps.
Another thing you’ll see is the HP60 closed-back studio headphones which works wonders in eliminating background noise, CM25 diaphragm condenser mic which is highly suitable with vocals and acoustics, and an equally necessary music software which is the Ableton Live Lite.
The Scarlett 2i2 does not just own outstanding abilities, but it also has an eye-catching design. With a touch of red in its appearance, this studio package gives a classy yet cool vibe.
- Black rotary input gain controls have clearly visible red lines
- Very light on CPU resources even at low buffer sizes
- Allows you to record in 24-bit resolution and a sample rate of 96 kHz, so you can ensure the highest quality recordings
- Drivers don’t run smoothly with Windows 10
PreSonus AudioBox Studio with Headphones, Microphone, Mic Cable, USB Cable, and StudioOne Artist Software (Download)
- The PreSonus Audio Box Studio package comes with everything you need to record on your computer!
- Includes AudioBox USB Interface w/cable, Studio One software, M7 microphone, and HD7 headphones
- Zero-latency monitoring via internal mixer
- 1/3U rack-mountable
When it comes to stuff about music production, expect that PreSonus only does with excellence and effectiveness. Equipped with the basics that you need for your recording studio, the PreSonus AudioBox Studio package is complete with high quality HD7 headphones, M7 microphone, microphone and USB cable, and StudioOne Artist Software.
This is the best home recording studio package you’ll ever need with the best price and amazing quality, if you plan to start recording your own tracks.
Have the time of your life creating awesome mixes with this great deal.
The AudioBox Studio could easily let you feel like a pro, as it consists of an excellent M7 condenser microphone that can amplify both instruments and vocals perfectly.
Another thing to help your hugely is its Studio One recording software which is really user-friendly and offers numerous tracks and easy drag-and-drop interface.
Not only that—you’ll also get a series of 20 dynamics processors, reverbs, modulation effects, amp simulators, and more.
Complete with the perfect set of high quality headphones, you will clearly hear your hard work paying off. With the HD7 headphones for monitoring, you’ll have full control of your studio.
- Preamps have decent headroom
- Studio One Artist plus has over 4 GB of samples, loops, software plugins and instruments
- Seamless recordings are possible due to zero-latency/direct monitoring
- Durable and sturdy build
- Background electrical noise is often present with the AudioBox
- Smooth, extended frequency response is excellent for singing, speech and instruments.Overload-protection switch (-10dB) minimizes distortion from loud sound sources.Bass-reduction switch reduces room noise
- Condenser microphone using precision electronic circuit to control the whole, good cardioid pickup output and high sensitivity.low noise, wide dynamic range, which is widely used in recording studios, radio, stage performances.
- Film and television post-production works and other specialized applications.The microphone can be used for karaoke, in sound reinforcement or recording, to pick up voice or instruments, indoors or outdoors.
- This is professional condenser microphone,which adopts the exacting complete electronic circuit control and gold-plate diaphragm capsule,the microphone with a good cardioids polar pickup pattern,high output,low self-noise
- And the accurate reproduction of even the most subtle sound,suitable especially for studios,recording studios,broadcasting stations,stage performances and computer.Absolutely fulfil the requirement of high quality for quality for broadcasting and recording.,Fashionable design, beautiful appearance,Overload-protection switch (-10dB) minimizes distortion from loud sound sources.Cardioid pick-up pattern minimizes background noise and isolates the main sound source
One great addition to a home recording studio is a very functional and topnotch condenser microphone. And for that, we have the LEAGY L-58 Home Recording Studio. With its premium features and various abilities, you’ll complete the best home recording studio package.
Complete with amazing sound and accuracy, you’ll never find a better one.
Works remarkably in singing, speech, and various instruments, the L-58 has a smooth extended frequency response and has a bass-reduction switch which greatly lessens the surrounding noise.
It uses precision electronic circuit to have high sensitivity and to control the cardioid pickup output.
With its high accuracy in producing the cleanest sound, you’ll be more than prepared to ace your recording, live performance, broadcasting, or even video game streaming. Complete with a lovely design, the L-58 is a gorgeous addition to your home recording studio.
- Microphone feels sturdy and well-built
- Shock mount is very sturdy, despite appearing to be made of plastic
- Low quality phantom power supply
- Specially Priced Package includes Focusrite Saffire 2i2 as packaged by Focusrite, PLUS:
- (1 set) MXL 550 and 551 condenser microphone set
- (1) High Profile Tripod mic stand (1) Low Profile mic stand
- (2) 20 ft XLR (2) 15 ft XLR to TRS Cable to hook up the scarlett to your monitors
- Sonic Sense One-Year Extended Warranty Adds One Year to Manufacturer's Warranty.
You might be confused with our second pick, as they have the same name. But, as you read on, you’ll know that both have their own and distinct features.
That being said, the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen 2 USB 2.0 Audio Interface comes with all your basic needs to build the best home recording studio package. Among other products that are featured on this list, this is the priciest, but it’s worth every penny.
Included in this package is the MXL 550 and 551 condenser microphone set that sounds pleasing with vocals and instruments, one high profile and low profile mic stands with telescoping to have a comfortable and organized time while working, and two 20-foot XLR mic cables so could easily connect the mics to the interface.
To make things better, an addition of two 15-foot TRS to XLR cables are there if you want to incorporate external speakers to your work.
Lastly, the package includes Focusrite’s Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-In Suite (AAX/AU/VST) which are pretty convenient as these plug-ins help you improve the quality of your recorded audio through the use of your favorite DAW.
- Microphone sounds good
- Easy and pretty straightforward to use
- Excellent and compact mic stands
- Mic may sometimes give static feedback
- Contains high quality condenser microphone, referencing headphones, and Scarlett XLR mic cable
- Audio interface includes 2 high-quality Focusrite microphone preamps; unique LED indicator halos
- Included Software - Cubase LE 6, Focusrite Scarlett Plug-in Suite, Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-in Suite, the Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Bass Station soft-synth, Loopmasters samples
- 24-bit performance at up to 96kHz sampling, minimum 105dB dynamic range on record and 102dB on playback
- USB powered portable package; Kensington lockable
Following the Focusrite trend is another one from the Scarlett 2i2 series. The 1st Gen Scarlette 2i2 Studio Audio Interface is another hit choice for the best home recording studio package.
Bringing a topnotch condenser microphone, high quality headphones, and Scarlett XLR mic cable all in one package, you’ll waste no time as this package will jumpstart your day big time.
With the Scarlett Studio Audio Interface, your audios would surely have such excellent qualities, not to mention two of its award winning mic pre-amps. The packaged is also complete with software that would serve greatly in your tracks, like the Cubase LE 6 with Red 2 and Red 3 plug-ins and samples.
Its high-quality studio condenser mic would significantly enhance your audio recordings as it would give the cleanest and most pleasing sound ever.
Featuring the HP60 studio monitor headphones having high accuracy, you can monitor the whole process. You’ll hear nothing but accurate and clear impression of how your audio really sounds like.
- Great design and convenient controls
- Interface provides clear and crisp sound quality
- Balanced inputs and outputs work very well and there is plenty of gain
- Hardware on the Scarlett 2i2 is good but the drivers make latency a problem
Aside from being affordable, there are a lot of good things to point out at the best home recording studio package on this list– the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Studio 2nd Gen package.
Recording has never been this easy with its easy audio interface, excellent CM25 condenser mic, and high quality HP-60 closed-backed headphones that would give a clear and accurate sound of your recordings.