On a market saturated with choices on the best travel electric guitars, choosing one can be really challenging. For this reason, it’s wise to know what the top picks are and each of their pros and cons.
In the following, let’s discuss what the best electric guitars for travel and later make a better decision in picking the right one for you.
Here are our top picks for the best travel electric guitars
- Full 24 3/4" Scale electric travel guitar
- Fits in airline overhead bins. Only 3 lbs. 2 oz. & 28" Long!
- One-piece Eastern American hard Maple neck-through-body design
- Features a dual-rail hum bucker pickup
- Includes Gig Bag
I’ve been reviewing Traveler Guitar for quite a while and still it continues to be impressive in performance and quality. The ULE BKM model delivers superior sound out of the box.
It is ultra light, which makes it the top electric guitar for musicians looking to sketch new ideas on the road. This traveler guitar is the lightest and smallest full-scale instrument on the market, offering a full body feel.
I also liked that the compact guitar features the standard one-fourth inch output and hi-output dual-rail hum bucker that lets us plug it in any recording device or amp.
As it’s only just a little over 3lbs, it is ultra portable along with its detachable lap rest making it more transportable.
- Can allow plugging into any amp or recording device
- Smallest and most compact available
- Less resonance
- Not as loud for street performance
- Full 25 1/2" Scale Guitar
- 5 lbs. 3 oz. And 33 3/4" long
- 2-point fulcrum tremolo with steel saddles
- Poplar Body, Maple neck and Fretboard with bone nut
- Deluxe Gig Bag included
The Travelcaster has a long legacy of offering top sounding instruments to beginner and advanced musicians looking for a durable and nicely sounding electric guitar.
I find the TCD SFG Deluxe impressive because of its compact build yet full-scale sound. It offers the same playing area as standard guitars do. So in a smaller package, it offers a total experience wherever we are.
I’d also like to recommend this model for its upgraded hardware. It only translates to a more stable tuning for the new 2pt fulcrum tremolo.
When it comes to a sustained and better tone, I loved that the manufacturer designed it with bone nut and steel saddles.
- High fret access for its beveled heel or neck
- Includes standard controls
- Gig bag feels cheap
- Quite expensive
- Full 24 3/4" Scale Electric Travel Guitar
- Built-in headphone amp with 4 tones and aux-in for jamming with an external signal
- Fits in airline overhead bins
- 4 lbs. 12 oz. & 28" long
- Deluxe Gig Bag Included
I’d also like to recommend the Traveler Guitar SPD HRB V2 for reasons. It is a great travel companion offering superior performance and ultra portability.
This travel guitar also has a modern and compact design, which makes it ideal for taking anywhere, such as road trips and campsites.
Also, I’d like to mention that it includes an in-body tuning system making use of a standard tuning machine but relocated into its body for a full-scale neck guitar.
I love that this compact guitar can give us a full-scale playing area but in a lightweight package.
Not to forget, this travel guitar comes with a built-in headphone amp offering four different tones, including distortion, overdrive, clean and boost.
- Small package but full-scale playing area
- Comes with a built-in headphone amp
- Not for those expecting a headstock
- Not as loud for street performance
- Full 24 3/4" Scale travel Guitar
- Built-in headphone amp with aux-in for jamming with your mobile device
- Fits in overhead compartments
- 3 lbs. 15 oz. & 28 1/2" long
- Gig Bag included
Do you love to travel and play an electric guitar at the same time? If so, you might want to take a look at the EG-1 EG1B BKM. Hit the roads and sketch new music ideas with it!
One thing I liked about the electric guitar is that it is a full 24 3/4” scale travel guitar that offers superb sound quality.
I also love that it comes with a built-in headphone amp along with AUX in for a practice or hamming with our mobile device. The custom amp lets us practice privately and choose from distortion, overdrive, clean or boost.
- Comes with an in-body tuning system
- Built-in headphone amp plus AUX in for practice in a mobile device
- Quite pricey
- Can be a bit bulky than others are
- Foldable full size Electric Guitar for convenient travel; This amazing instrument fits in the overhead of most planes, or where ever space is at a premium; Great for camping, bicycle or motorcycle trips; Your favorite guitar can now always be safe
- High Gloss Vintage Sunbust Finish with Black Pickgaurd
- Maple neck and fingerboard
- Custom Tonerider Vintage Plus Alnico pickups for that vintage Tele tone
- Includes DuraTrans case which includes pockets inside for your guitar stuff and a zippable laptop/accessory pouch; Case easily fits in the overhead of most airlines so you can stow your guitar, accessories, change of clothing and a laptop all in one case
Another product not to miss on the list is the Voyage Air electric guitar. The Vintage Sunburst variety is a foldable full-sized electric guitar, which adds to its portability and convenience of use.
I love that it can fit in the overhead of airplanes or anywhere space is limited. So if you’re looking for that ultimate travel companion instrument, you might want to consider the Voyage Air folding guitar.
I also like its superior tone, and thanks to its standard construction materials like the maple neck and fingerboard.
The instrument also comes with the innovative Custom Tonerider Vintage plus Alnico pickups offering a classic tele-tone.
- Great for camping
- Motorcycle or bicycle trips
- Comes with a durable case with pockets
- Not as great sounding as the others
- Can be bulky
- One-piece maple neck and body with Candy Apple Red Metallic finish
- High-output dual-rail humbucker
- Removable upper arm support
- Includes deluxe gig bag, limited three-year warranty
- Full 24-3/4" scale, 22-fret acoustic/electric travel guitar fits in airline overhead bins
I liked that the Traveler Guitar Speedster features a removable arm support that offers comfortable playing experience. In addition, this electric guitar features an in-body tuning system that eliminates the need for a headstock.
When it comes to performance, I’d like to commend that the travel electric guitar comes with the innovative dual-rail humbucker pickup, which adds to sound accuracy.
The portable electric guitar also has easy to use volume and tone controls, ideal for beginners looking for a comfortable playing experience.
In terms of storage, the Speedster guitar comes with a gig bag that can fit small spaces, including overhead compartments.
This electric guitar also offers a killer tone, and thanks to its one-piece neck-through-body design, offering superior tone and sustain.
- Modern design and compact build
- Detachable tear-drop arm support
- Color might be off for some users
- Should have had a thicker neck
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- Full Scale Collapsible Travel Guitar with Backpack Travel Case
- Performance Quality, Feels and Plays like your favorite guitar
- Meets Airline Industry Carry-on Size Restrictions, never check it
- Patented Clip-JointTM Removable Neck Connection System
What makes the Stewart Stow-Away Travel Guitar is its stow-away design, having a removable neck that makes it handy and ultra portable. In addition, it includes a storage system that makes it suitable for traveling.
More so, it comes with a headless tuning system, adding to its compact and storable design. It’s something impressive if you’re looking for a handy guitar to take anywhere.
I also liked that the Stewart travel guitar offers a standard set up, which includes single coil pickups, Graphtech saddles and .010 strings making it the top choice for those looking for a complete package.
I’d like to note that the electric guitar also comes with a protective backpack, making it ideal for easy travel. Unlike other travel guitars, this one is collapsible to fit airline compartments.
- Full money back guarantee
- Top performance and quality
- Not for those uninterested in a stow-away design
How to Choose the Best Travel Electric Guitars
Check out the following for some things to look for when shopping around for an electric guitar for travel.
Number of frets
Take note on the number of frets, according to TheBrokeBackpacker.com because travel guitars don’t always have the same amount of frets on them. Based on the same source, a smaller necked guitar is more travel-friendly.
What’s your playing style?
Answer this question and you’re on your way to finding the right portable electric guitar for you. Would you like to play solos? Or would you like an instrument to hang out and practice on the beachside?
If the number of frets doesn’t matter at all, you might as well look for a more compact guitar.
Portability or sound quality – which matters more?
Professional musicians don’t usually go for a travel guitar when rocking out on stage because of less superior tone, according to according to GuitarGearFinder.com. So if you were just looking for a practice guitar, a travel and portable electric guitar would be a nice choice.
Weight and length
If you’re moving from one place to another more often, look for a more compact and lighter guitar. On the other hand, both features won’t concern if you stay in a hotel for a month and don’t move a lot.
Here’s a useful video on how to adjust the electric guitar’s action and intonation.
OUR TOP CHOICE FOR THE BEST TRAVEL ELECTRIC GUITARS
The Traveler Guitar 6 String Solid-Body Electric Guitar ULE BKM is the top choice for today’s best travel electric guitars because it is lightweight, compact and small for taking anywhere.
Whether you’re up for camping, traveling or having a road trip, you might want to consider the Traveler Guitar that offers functionality, allowing for plugging into a recording device or amp.
You might want to check it out if you’re also looking for a full-scale feel and playing experience. Check out the Traveler Guitar 6 String Solid-Body Electric Guitar ULE BKM today!
|1||Traveler Guitar 6 String Solid-Body Electric Guitar, Right, Matte Black (PSS BKMMP)||83 Reviews||$399.99||See Deal|
|2||Traveler Guitar 6 String Solid-Body Electric Guitar, Right, Vintage White (PSM VWTGPF)||19 Reviews||$449.99||See Deal|
|3||Traveler Guitar 6 String Solid-Body Electric Guitar, Right, Vintage Black (EC1 VBKM)||5 Reviews||from $599.99||See Deal|
|4||Traveler Guitar 6 String Solid-Body Electric Guitar, Right Handed, Natural Satin (PRO DLX MPL)||1 Reviews||$499.99||See Deal|
|5||Traveler Guitar 6 String Speedster Hot Rod (Wine Red), Right, (HR WRDMT)||14 Reviews||$449.99||See Deal|