EDITOR’S CHOICE: After lengthy research and scrutiny of products in the market, The ONE Smart Piano Keyboard 61-Key has the best quality and features. It is more advanced compared to the other keyboard piano that is under $300 price.
Finding a good keyboard piano under a $300 budget is not that difficult nowadays. Due to the high number of product available in the market, there are good choices even with a $300 budget.
Keyboard piano is an excellent alternative if you cannot afford a grand piano due to its high-end price. It is lightweight and has advanced function than the ordinary piano.
Manufacturers offer many promises; some are true while some are not, which makes us confused on choosing keyboard piano. Even for seasoned players, picking one can be an arduous task.
Remember, picking the best keyboard piano while on a budget does not mean that you’ll sacrifice the quality.
In this review, I’ll give you some helpful pointers and guidance on choosing the best keyboard piano that fits your taste and budget!
5 Best Budget Keyboard Piano Under $300
- Premium bundle includes the Yamaha EZ220 keyboard, Samson HP30 closed-back stereo headphones, World Tour PA-130 power supply, and World Tour SXKS keyboard stand
- 61 touch-sensitive, lighted keys
- Total of 392 high-quality instrument voices and 100 accompaniment styles
- 100 built-in songs plus 1 demo song for easy learning. Also includes: Fingering guide, Yamaha Education Suite, and EZ-220 Page Turner app for iPad.
- Number of Polyphony (Max.):32
In my judgment, the Yamaha EZ-220 Portable Keyboard is the bomb! This keyboard is perfect for beginners. Not only that it allows you to connect to iPad but, it also has 392 built-in voices. You can also save your recorded performances through the piano diary via iPhone/iPad that is connectable to the keyboard. As you know, EZ-20 has more helpful and efficient functionality that is quite awesome for beginners. What more could you ask for?
- Keys light up
- Visual Performer
- Can connect to Ipad
- No stand
- Loud background accompaniment
- No built-in recorder
- · Magical LED Lighted on the keys of this 61 keyboard piano-Follow the LED light and you can play the piano in minutes.
- Powerful educational functions in the Free APP of the electric portable keyboard piano-professional lessons videos, fun games with learning, creative crash course and thousands of sheet music.
- Simple Appearance Design- abandoned the traditional complex button operation on the digital piano keyboard and limited content storage space. Connect with the APP named "The ONE". ,you will find everything you need. Free APP provide with endless possibility- unlimited music content and irregularly updated
- MIDI oSimple Appearance Design- abandoned the traditional complex button operation on the digital piano keyboard and limited content storage space. Connect with the APP named "The ONE". ,you will find everything you need. Free APP provide with endless possibility- unlimited music content and irregularly updatedutput and recording (please refer to user manual for setup guideline)
- 128+ instrument sounds available via mobile app setting
As far as I can tell, this keyboard is has a more helpful feature compared to Lagrima 88-Key. With its cheaper cost, you’ll also have a free training app that provides extensive learning material for improving your skills. Lastly, you can access ONE Smart Piano Keyboard for both IOS and Android. This keyboard is more advanced with useful apps and more comfortable to navigate especially for beginners.
- Entertainment wise
- Works with IOS and Android
- Offers training applications for beginners
- No rhythm section
- Most songs are payable
- Some learning tools are missing
- APPEALING TONE-This electric piano adopts dream source,with digitalization sampling,88 standard piano keys,giving you an outstanding feel and response
- FEATURE-1 pedal system/LCD display screen/80 demo songs/480 tones/128 standard GM tones/200 present rhythms/64 Polyphony/Built-in stereo speakers/With purple dust cover
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL-Feature sound volume adjustment,multi-tone selection,sound recording control,playback function,keyboard split function etc,let you learn piano more happily in a beautiful melody!
- USB/MIDI TERMINAL-You can connect it to the computer or mobile device with a wide variety of music entertainment applications quickly and conveniently
- QUIET MODE-This 88 key piano with headphone jack,you will find it at the bottom of the piano(headphone is not included,but most headphones are available),so you don't worry will disturb others' relax when you are playing.
In my opinion, this new keyboard piano works efficiently for both beginners and professionals. It has 80 demo songs with all sorts of accompaniment and a recording and playback. It also features a USB/MIDI terminal by which you can connect Lagrima 88-Key to a computer. This keyboard piano lands at the very affordable price of under $300, and you still get a change of which you can buy accessories for it!
- It has a recording and playback feature
- Semi-weighted keys
- Metal Pedal system
- Speakers face the floor
- Confusing assembly instructions
- Manual not descriptive enough
- A 76-Key Portable Keyboard with 574 Voices, 165 Styles and 154 preset songs
- Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.) allows you to practice using the preset songs (or MIDI files on compatible instruments) at your own pace, one hand at a time, or both together.
- Touch Tutor lesson mode tracks the velocity or strength the keys are played at in order to teach dynamics.
- USB to HOST connectivity with MIDI and audio transfer means you only need one cable to connect to your music-making software.
- KEYBOARD ONLY - AA Batteries or PA150 Adapter Required (sold separately)
Compared to the first two keyboard pianos on the list, PSR-EW300 has a more stable sound system, and it has a free downloadable songbook. This model has versatile functions with a robust sound system and a full, 76-note, touch-sensitive keyboard. That is why this stands out than the first two. PSR-EW300 SA 76-Key offers a much broader range of growth and creativity.
- Good sound system
- The keyboard is touch-sensitive
- Best for both learning and jamming
- The stand is a flimsy
- Keys don’t light up
- No headphone outlet
- New, intuitive sampling function with built-in microphone and power supply included
- 400 AHL keyboard voices
- Voice percussion function (samples are integrated into the rhythm)
- Improved sampling effects
- Step-up learning system
Casio CTK2400 seems to be cheapest on the list, costing less than $150.
However, compared to the other brand and model this keyboard has less feature. Nevertheless, In my personal opinion, I prefer this than the first three if we talked about the budget. It’s cheaper and has the necessary functionality for learning to play the keyboard instrument.
- Full-sized keys
- The cheapest portable keyboard in the market!
- No stand
- Tones are not very realistic
- Not very sensitive keys
What To Look For When Buying a Digital Piano Under $300
Now that you have an idea about keyboard pianos you can now choose one that best fits you.
Here’s a breakdown on what you should look for and whatnot.
Is it worth your money?
The first thing you should consider is the perks that you could get. If you are a beginner, then you should choose a keyboard piano that is user-friendly and has training materials. Lack of some feature can be replaced by buying accessories, do not battle on it too much.
Determine your purpose
You should know your goal of purchasing, is it for learning, fun or for recording your music? You should be critical of picking the right keyboard piano for the proper purpose. Take note, it doesn’t have to be perfect, but it should fit your preferences. You do not always need an expensive instrument sometimes, cheaper product is more useful.
Now that I’ve given you the list of the best keyboard piano that fits your budget and features I hope that you’ll find the best.
From my point of view, as you are only starting with getting the hang of keyboard playing, it is best not to spend much. What you need are essential features and a model that offers training apps and materials. As you get better in time, you can always purchase a more advanced model. In the meantime, sticking to basic is more, compared to having extensive feature but you do not have the skills to play yet.
Keep on practicing and wield your skills. Remember, you will not be judged by the cost or quality of your instrument. Keep rocking!
I really recommend getting the Yamaha EZ-220 if your looking for the best digital pianos within this price range.
If you have further questions about the best keyboard under your specific budget, I’ll gladly help you out. Just don’t forget to comment and leave your concern. I am always here to help you guys find the best instruments for you that suit your budget and personality.