EDITOR’S CHOICE: If you need the best headphones for drummers, then you can’t go wrong with the Beyerdynamic DT-770-M-80. These are one of the highest quality headphones made for the studio, ideal for sound engineers and percussionists. With its high-resolution sound and robust workmanship, it’s definitely worth the investment.
Did you know that an essential tool drummers would need are headphones? When using the best headphones for drummers, you’ll be able to cancel out the extreme noise you listen to as you play the drums, all the while still being able to listen to the music and follow the beat.
To learn which headphones are suitable for you, read on as I show you the top seven choices!
7 Best Headphones for Drummers
After much research and testing, these are the best headphones for drummers to invest in now:
PREMIUM QUALITY MADE FOR PROFESSIONALS
- Closed over-ear headphones with extremely high attenuation of ambient noise, ideal for percussionists and sound engineers (FOH)
- Perfect for studio and stage recordings thanks to their pure, high-resolution sound
- The soft, circumaural and replaceable softskin ear pads ensure high wearing comfort
- Practical single-sided cable (3.0m cable) with integrated volume control
- Hard-wearing, durable and robust workmanship Made in Germany
If you want something that offers all the features you need, then the Beyerdynamic DT-770-M-80 is the best headphones for drummers. This is because it comes with the attention to detail, focusing on both noise isolation and quality sounds. It’s hard-wearing but with the comfort that makes it good to wear for long periods of time.
- Softskin ear pads for extra comfort
- Made for professionals with pure resolution sound
- Isolates noise well
- Uncomfortable when removed
- Expensive price
LIMITED EDITION FOR THE BEST
- Limited Edition DT 770 Pro 80 - All Black
- Closed diffuse-field studio headphone with "bass reflex" technology for improved bass response
- Comfortable fit due to rugged, adjustable, soft padded headband construction
- Velour and replaceable ear pads with a 3.0 m (9.8 ft.) straight cable (single-sided)
- 2 year manufacturer warranty only when purchased from an authorized beyerdynamic dealer.
Another one from Beyerdynamic, these are their limited edition version of their DT-770-80 that all drummers and musicians will enjoy. It comes with the bass reflex technology and the noise isolation that makes it a pleasure to listen to music or for drumming sessions.
- Adjustable and soft-padded headband
- It has the improved bass response
- Impressive sound volume with a vast frequency range
- Requires a bit of breaking in
- Can cause headaches at first
LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMFORTABLE
- Dynamic, closed-ear headphones with up to 32 dB attenuation of outside sound
- Lightweight and comfortable, ergonomic design, Cord Length - 3.3 - 9.8 feet Coiled
- Extended frequency response and warm, natural sound reproduction
- Around-the-ear design with padded earcups
- Earpads, headband padding, and audio cord are easily replaceable, ensuring long life
Another one of the best headphones for drummers goes to the Sennheiser HD280PRO, which is a lightweight and comfortable pair of headphones. Because of its good construction, it’s not only easy to bring around but a delight to wear as well. It produces the quality sounds with the noise isolation required when drumming.
- Lightweight and comfortable for wearing
- Great isolation and good treble
- Has a long cable to allow moving around
- Not designed for on-the-go listening
- Bass is difficult to hear
DURABLE CONSTRUCTION WITH PASSIVE ISOLATION
- Passive isolation, no batteries required
- Reduces external noise by 26dB. Frequency response 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Lightweight and durable construction
- Adjustable padded headband & Large foam ear cushions for maximum comfort
- 1/8" stereo headphone jack with 1/4" adapter
For those focusing on ultra isolation as they drum, then the KAT Percussion is the best headphones for drummers. It has the passive isolation without the need for batteries, reducing external noise greatly. It also has the large foam ear cushions and the adjustable headband for ultimate comfort.
- Excellent noise reduction
- It fits in ears snugly and comfortably
- Great quality tones while playing
- Poorly constructed with ear pads going out
- A bit uncomfortable after prolonged wearing
AFFORDABLE WITH SUPERIOR SOUND QUALITY
- HEAR EVERY DETAIL: Japanese voice coil and Japanese driver diaphragm delivers professional-quality sound to satisfy even the most demanding audio connoisseur with high-performing 50mm driver units and noise isolation.Immerse yourself in highly accurate mid- to high tones that are true to the original recording while never losing composure-even at high volume.
- DUAL-DUTY CABLE: Our solution for an adapter-free life--- There are gold-plated 3.5mm & 6.3mm plugs on each end of the audio cable, just simply plug in according to your needs, and no more trouble finding a single adapter.
- MAXIMUM COMFORT: The memory-protein earmuffs is Made in Germany, which designed to disperse pressure and heat build-up, combined with the soft leather headband to gives you maximum comfort & superior isolation.
- SINGLE-SIDE MONITORING & FOLDABLE DESIGN: OneOdio Studio Pro features reversible housing and a rugged, adjustable headband for free-style and single-side monitoring. The ear cups swivel to lay flat and also flip upward to fit neatly in your bag or laptop case.
- GLOSSY FINISH VERSION OF STUDIO HEADPHONES: Pro-10 is the standard version of this OneOdio Studio Pro headphones. These new version bass boosted headphones also have supreme sound quality but with more attractive stylish glossy finish. link: http://a.co/f64PlHa.
What makes the OneOdio one of the best headphones for drummers is its price tag and value. It’s suitable for drummers on a budget looking for quality for a cheaper price. It has the superior sound quality and comfortable features that make it easy to use for long periods of time.
- Cool and classy design
- Spectacular sound for its affordable price
- Easy to change adapters when needed
- It feels bulky and heavy
- Cords aren’t very durable
MADE FOR NOISE REDUCTION AND SECURITY
- Passive Noise Reduction Headphones.Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Neodymium Magnet Structures Deliver Outstanding Clarity & Definition
- Closed Pneumalite(Tm) Ear Cushions & Extra Secure Headband Seal Ears, Eliminate All Ambient Noise
- Volume Control On Ear Cup Allows Easy Level Adjustment
- Stereo/Mono Switch Extends User Flexibility
Another quality pair of headphones goes to the Koss QZ-99 Noise Reduction Stereophone. It’s known for its passive noise reduction and amazing adjustability. We appreciate how you can easily adjust its volume on the ear cup and that it isolates sounds while protecting your ears well.
- Easy to adjust the volume control
- Sturdy production quality
- Great for isolating sounds
- Not for music with low ends
- Not comfortable when worn for long
BEST FOR PRACTICE AND STUDIO USE
- Non-electronic headphones
- Reduce overall noise levels by 25 decibels
- Ideal for practice
And last but not the least, we have Vic Firth DB22, one of the best headphones for drummers! This is made for isolation and hearing protection while practicing. They are non-electronic headphones and can reduce overall noise very efficiently.
- Isolates noise quite well
- Comes at an affordable price
- Headphones adjust well
- Not for listening to music
- Complaints of poor construction
The Importance of Using Headphones
The main reason as to why drummers must use headphones as they play, may it be for practice or gigs, is to protect their ears. After all, a drummer’s ear would go through a lot of work, not only from the drums but from other instruments and music played when performing.
So to protect one’s ears from fatigue or hearing conditions, headphones are the way to go while it ensures that you still get to hear the music playing to continue your practice.
When choosing the quality headphones, it’s best to focus on how well it would cancel out the noise and keep you in the zone. You’ll also want to look for headphones that are easy to put on and stay comfortable, no matter how long you use it for. And lastly, get headphones that come from reputable manufacturers with warranties and strong materials, so you are assured that your headphones are built to last for the long run.
Wrapping It Up
If you’re planning on creating music and performing live, then you’ll need to make sure that you have the quality headphones to protect your ears while ensuring that you can still listen to the music!
I hope that this purchasing guide to the best headphones for drummers helped you out. So don’t wait any longer and choose any of these headphones for your next gig or practice today.
If you have any questions or want to share your own reviews on the best headphones for drummers, then comment below. I would love to hear what you have to think.