Did you know that an essential tool drummers would need are headphones?
When using the best headphones for drummers, you’ll be able to cancel out the extreme noise you listen to as you play the drums on amp, all the while still being able to listen to the music and follow the beat.
To learn which headphones are suitable for you, read on as I show our top picks.
Here are our top picks for the best headphones for drummers in 2021
If you want something that offers all the features you need, then the Beyerdynamic DT-770-M-80is the best headphones for drummers. This is because it comes with the attention to detail, focusing on both noise cancellation and quality sounds. It’s hard-wearing but with the comfort that makes it good to wear for long periods of time.
- Softskin ear pads for extra comfort
- Made for professionals with pure resolution sound
- Isolates noise well
- Uncomfortable when removed
- Expensive price
Another one from Beyerdynamic, these are their limited edition version of their DT-770-80that all drummers and musicians will enjoy. It comes with the bass reflex technology and the noise isolation that makes it a pleasure to listen to music or for drumming sessions.
- Adjustable and soft-padded headband
- It has the improved bass response
- Impressive sound volume with a vast frequency range
- Requires a bit of breaking in
- Can cause headaches at first
Another one of the best headphones for drummers goes to the Sennheiser HD280PRO, which is a lightweight and comfortable pair of headphones. Because of its good construction, it’s not only easy to bring around but a delight to wear as well. It produces the quality sounds with the noise cancellation required when drumming.
- Lightweight and comfortable for wearing
- Great isolation and good treble
- Has a long cable to allow moving around
- Not designed for on-the-go listening
- Bass is difficult to hear
For those focusing on ultra isolation as they drum, then theKAT Percussion is the best headphones for drummers. It has the passive isolation without the need for batteries, reducing external noise greatly. It also has the large foam ear cushions and the adjustable headband for ultimate comfort.
- Excellent noise reduction
- It fits in ears snugly and comfortably
- Great quality tones while playing
- Poorly constructed with ear pads going out
- A bit uncomfortable after prolonged wearing
What makes the OneOdio one of the best headphones for drummers is its price tag and value. It’s suitable for drummers on a budget looking for quality for a cheaper price. It has the superior sound quality and comfortable features that make it easy to use for long periods of time.
- Cool and classy design
- Spectacular sound for its affordable price
- Easy to change adapters when needed
- It feels bulky and heavy
- Cords aren’t very durable
Another quality pair of headphones goes to the Koss QZ-99 Noise Reduction Stereophone. It’s known for its passive noise reduction and amazing adjustability. We appreciate how you can easily adjust its volume on the ear cup and that it isolates sounds while protecting your ears well.
- Easy to adjust the volume control
- Sturdy production quality
- Great for isolating sounds
- Not for music with low ends
- Not comfortable when worn for long
And last but not the least, we have Vic Firth DB22, one of the best headphones for drummers! This is made for isolation and hearing protection while practicing. They are non-electronic headphones and can reduce overall noise very efficiently.
- Isolates noise quite well
- Comes at an affordable price
- Headphones adjust well
- Not for listening to music
- Complaints of poor construction
Using Drummer Headphones for Electronic Drums – Is It Necessary?
The main reason as to why drummers must use headphones as they play, may it be for practice or gigs, aside from noise-cancellation, is to protect their ears. After all, a drummer’s ear would go through a lot of work, not only from the drums but from other instruments and music played when performing.
So to protect one’s ears from fatigue or hearing conditions, headphones are the way to go while it ensures that you still get to hear the music playing to continue your practice.
When choosing the quality headphones, it’s best to focus on how well it would cancel out the noise and keep you in the zone.
You’ll also want to look for headphones that are easy to put on and stay comfortable, no matter how long you use it for.
And lastly, get headphones that come from reputable manufacturers with warranties and strong materials, so you are assured that your headphones are built to last for the long run.
What is the Best Headphone for Drummers?
Beyerdynamic DT 770 M is the best noise-cancelling headphone for drummers. It is ideally designed for drummers and percussionists who need a closed over-ear-monitor headphones. It also offers a high-resolution sound that’s suited for studio and stage recordings, as well as replaceable softskin ear pads for playing comfort.
Latest Deals on Our Top Pick