EDITOR’S CHOICE: For those who need the best drum practice pad to improve their skills, then we recommend the Movement Drum Co. Practice Pad.
This is because it comes with the 3-in-1 conditioning and double-sided feature that maximizes its usability.
With its different playing surfaces and versatility, it can be used by just about any drummer.
Are you looking for the best drum practice pad?
These are a great tool to help you practice anywhere without the risk of disturbing anyone with the sounds you make.
But with the many drum pads available, which is best?
Let’s find out here.
7 Best Drum Practice Pads for Beginners (2019 Reviews)
After doing my research and tests, these are the best drum practice apes to check out now.
MULTIFUNCTIONAL WITH DUAL SURFACE
- The Absolute Essential Practice Pad for Drum Kit, Marching, and Concert Snare Drummers - This practice pad is 12'' in diameter, 2-sided with 3 different playing surfaces, fully rimmed, and includes a conditioning insert
- Realistic Top Surface - The top surface is a durable silicone rubber that includes a laminated insert for an articulate response. Without the insert, the top surface resembles the feel and response of a snare drum.
- Conditioning Surface - Insert the conditioning surface for a low-rebounding, quiet surface that promotes technical performance. The conditioning surface provides shock absorption while still retaining rebound.
- Dual Surface - The bottom side is a quieter and softer hitting rubber that produces a friendlier surface with less rebound. This side is ideal for drummers who want to either quietly work on their chops or increase muscle development
- Ultra Durable and Portable - The Double-Sided Practice Pad weighs 4.1 pounds and is an all purpose practice tool that drum set, marching, and concert snare percussionists can utilize
The reason why the Movement Drum Co. is the best drum practice pad is because of its versatility. You can use it to practice for any type of drum kit and has the large area to cover. It has the realistic top cover and a conditioning surface for silence while you practice.
- Has a dual surface for noise levels
- Top surface feels real
- Comes with three different playing surfaces
- Laminate doesn’t last very long
- A bit heavy
COOL DESIGN AND LARGE AREA
- PRACTICE ANYTIME, ANYWHERE - Evans RealFeel Practice Pad provides the best practice substitute to acoustic drums, so you can practice rudiments, paradiddles or just drum along to that song on the radio - without disturbing anyone. Portable and quiet, it works on any surface including carpet, table, lap or inside a standard snare basket.
- TWO-SIDED - The two-sided design of the practice pad gives you options for the type of practice you are doing. One side features a slightly textured natural gum rubber for realistic stick rebound. The other side features a harder, firmer recycled rubber with less rebound for a real practice workout.
- AVAILABLE IN 3 SIZES - A variety of RealFeel practice pad models are available to suit individual practice requirements including a 6" practice pad, 7" apprentice practice pad and a 12" practice pad (not mountable).
- PERFECT FOR ALL DRUMMERS - From the beginner practicing in the back of mom's car on the way to lessons to the professional practicing on the tour bus, RealFeel practice pads suit every player's practice needs, no matter how demanding. The natural gum rubber side is finished with a dark gray fabric that resists wear and tear.
- MADE IN THE USA - For over 40 years, Evans has been a pioneer in drum head manufacturing and design. All RealFeel practice pads are proudly designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA to the most stringent quality controls in the industry.
Another awesome practice pad goes to the Evans Practice Pad. You’ll like how it comes with two sides to adjust your noise level. With strong rubber and neoprene gum sides, you are assured a quiet time practicing while it will last long.
- Pad has two sides made of quality material
- Stylish design and looks great
- Doesn’t show any stick marks when used
- The pad smells bad at first
- The non-slip surface isn’t as effective as other pads
COMFORTABLE AND NON-SKID RUBBER BASE
- Model PAD6
- Available with soft rubber for quiet practice
- Features a non-skid rubber base and an 8mm. mounting thread for use on a cymbal stand
- Grey color, 6"
- Authentic feel
The best drum practice pad is the Vic Firth because of its simplicity and more affordable price. While it doesn’t have two sides, it comes with the basic features and authentic feel that makes it an effective tool to practice your drumming with. This is a recommended drum practice pad for those on a budget!
- Non-skid base for better and quiet practice
- Simple and affordable
- Sturdy wood base
- Only one side to practice on
- Smaller than advertised
COMPLETE PACKAGE FOR PROS
- Size and Material: 3 sets of acoustic guitar strings, each set contains 6 strings. Diameter :1:0.3mm/0.012 inch; 2:0.041mm/0.016 inch; 3:0.64mm/0.025 inch; 4:0.86mm/0.034 inch; 5:1.12mm/0.044inch;6: 1.37mm/0.054 inch, these are made of good steel material.
- Gift Including£º1 String Winder +1 Pin Puller+12pcs Plastic Bridge Pins+3 pcs Ukulele straps£¨red, green Color£
- Highness Performance: Highly commended for its rich, balanced and warm acoustic tone with the bright and clear sound.
- Good Choice: suit for beginners to learn and practice, 3 sets of strings are good for replacement, lovely gift for guitar lovers
- Better Service: 100% satisfaction guaranteed and friendly customer service. so please contact me if you have any questions.
If you want something affordable and in a good package, then I would suggest the Peace Musical Co. Drum Pad. You’ll like that it comes with drumsticks and educational exercises, which is perfect for the beginner still looking into investing a drum set. But professionals can take advantage of its sturdiness and quality padding as well!
- Comes with drumsticks and practice exercises
- Quiet and non-skid surface
- Ideal for beginners and advanced drummers alike
- More ideal for children
- It’s smaller than expected
SOLID AND DURABLE CONSTRUCTION
- The perfect tool for the beginning drummer, but also great for the advanced drummer to maintain his or her chops
- Features the bounce and feel of a real drum
- Can be mounted on a stand for upright playing and has a protective rubber bottom for non-scratch/non-slip table top use
- Available in 6", 8" and 10"
If you want something both affordable and durable, then the Remo is the best drum practice pad to choose. It’s for both beginners and advanced drummers, with the solid frame and realistic features that make it grab to practice on. You can also mount it on a stand or any table with its rubber bottom.
- Offers a good bounce and feel of real drums
- Excellent mounting capabilities
- Quiet to use anywhere
- A bit noisier than gum rubber pads
- Has no case
USES ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY AND UNIQUE DESIGN
- 360°, stick saving RIM element
- Newly formulated playing surface
- No other drum practice pad on the planet
Though it comes at a slightly more expensive price, the Offworld Percussion Invader is the best drum practice pad for the professional drummer. It has the unique functions and the newly-formulated surface, making it one of the best pads to practice on.
- Perfect feel and bounce
- Quiet and can be used anywhere
- Solid construction built to last
- Very expensive price
- Bottom of the pad is very sticky
- Four unique playing surfaces on three levels.
- Simulates the feel of actually moving around the drums.
- Great for developing your speed, control, and creativity on the drums.
Last but not the least, we have the Drumeo P4, another of the best drum practice pad available on the market. It’s a bit expensive, though comes with all the unique features you need that makes it worth the price. It has four different unique playing surfaces and simulates the feel of a real drum!
- Different surfaces to play on
- The unique texture that simulates real drums
- Built to last for many quiet practices
- Very expensive price
- A bit sloppy construction
Why Invest in the Best Drum Practice Pad?
If you aren’t familiar with a drum practice pad yet, these are a tool to help reduce the noise you emit as you practice playing. It’s mostly used to limit your volume and can also help as a warmup before an intense training session.
The reason why practice pads are beneficial for drummers is mainly for its convenience. You are able to “take” the drum set anywhere without the need to always reassemble or disassemble it. You can practice anywhere and without the risk of making any noise.
These practice pads can be used anytime and anywhere, helping you practice better. However, they aren’t the same as the real drum set and are just best for practice, not for creating music.
Practice pads are suitable for those who like practicing drums without the need to assemble their drum set repeatedly, or for kids who want to try out drumming before their parents invest in the real drum kit for them.
Wrapping It Up
If you want something that eliminated any distractions and has you practice regardless of the place and time, then the best drum practice pad will do just the trick.
I hope that this purchasing guide on the best drum practice pad gave you an idea of the convenient tools you can use as a drummer. So don’t wait any longer and check out any of these pads out now!
If you have any questions or want to share your tips and experiences on the best practice drum pad, then comment below. Your thoughts are much appreciated!