Getting the right equipment to start your career as a DJ or strengthen your hobby in music creation is important.
One of the essentials are the best turntables for beginners to have you mix music even better!
If you’re still looking for one, then read on as I show you my top choices to help you out.
5 Best DJ Turntables For Beginners (2019 Top Reviews)
After much research and tests, these are my top choice on the best turntables for beginners today:
- 3-speed vinyl turntable (33 1/3, 45 and 78 RPM) with built-in Scratch Slide Switch
- Built-in speaker, protective case, and integrated carrying handle
- Wall-powered with included AC adapter or six batteries (not included)
- 1/8" aux input with adjustable volume; RCA line outputs; 1/4" & 1/8" headphone outs
- Class-compliant USB connection for PC recording
What I like about the Numark PT01 Scratch Portable DJ Turntable is its versatility. You can actually use this anywhere you like, having the portability that makes it easy to bring around and use. You don’t even need to have a AC wall power, as you can use it outdoors, too!
The turntable has the built-in Adjustable Scratch Switch and PT01 Scratch, so you can get any records to start performing. Plus, it has everything you need to start scratching immediately, which can have you learn better.
- Portable and easy to bring and use anywhere
- Can use any various records to start scratching and adding cuts
- It’s easy to use and play for beginners and pros
- Some complaints of the on/off switch not working
- Doesn’t come with any records available
- Type: 3-speed, fully manual operation
- Motor: 16-pole, 3-phase, Brushless DC motor
- Driver Method: direct drive
- Speeds: 33-1/3 RPM, 45 rpm, 78 rpm
- Turntable platter: 332 mm dia. Die-cast aluminum
The Audio Technica AT-LP1240-USB XP Direct-Drive DJ Turntable may be intimidating given the professional name. However, this gives beginners a chance to utilize a manual turntable to progress to intermediate and advanced levels.
It has the professional DJ features but it’s still easy to start off with. While it may come at a more expensive price, it’s worth the investment especially if you see DJing something you’ll do for the long-term. The rock-solid sounds and adjustable operation helps make it an enjoyable turntable to use!
- Solid body with the strength and durability to last
- Professional features built for beginners and advanced players
- Offers amazing and phenomenal sound quality
- May take time to get used to
- Tonearm lacks weight and feels a bit cheap
- Belt Drive Turntable - +/-10% Variable Pitch Slider
- USB Connection For Conversion of Vinyl to Digital Media - Internal Stereo Phono Pre Amplifier - Plug Directly to Computer (PC)
- Audacity Recording Software Included - Line Level RCA Outputs with Built-in Preamp - Fully Adjustable Counter Weight & Anti-Skating Controls
- 33-1.3-45 RPM Speed Selector - Soft Touch Start/Stop Buttons - Removable Stroboscope Light (Not included)
- Headshell, Dust Cover & 45 Adapter Included - Power Supply: 110V - 220V - Dimensions: 3.86''H x 16.5''W x 13.4''D
If you want the classic turntable without the frills and expensive price, I recommend the Pyle PLTTB3U Turntable. This is a belt-drive USB turntable that comes with the software needed to begin producing music.
The turntable is light and made of the quality materials, with the attractive design that looks professional to use. It also has the fine speaker quality and great pitch control, as well as the smooth sound and easy control. Everything was easy to setup and understand, which is why I highly recommend it for beginners.
- Smooth sound and adequate pitch control
- Attractive design with good durability for its price
- Easy to setup and understand controls
- Made of plastic so it sometimes wobbles
- Can’t lift the tonearm at the end of your record
- The high-torque direct drive ensures stable rotation and exceptional control
- Heavy-mass, die-cast chassis prevents resonance and vibrations
- Multi-tempo control lets you instantly Pick up or slow down the track to +/-8%, +/-16%, while a simple reset button instantly reverts to +/-0%
- Interchangeable power and audio cables can be easily connected and replaced, and Pro-grade gold-plated RCA jacks ensure low impedance and amazing sound quality
Pioneer is an excellent company that only rolls out the high-quality sound systems, with the DJ Direct-Drive Turntable being an excellent choice. It’s made for beginners to professional DJs alike, with the robust construction and fantastic features that work so well.
It has the high-torque direct drive, which ensure the stable rotation and gives you control on how you want to play your sounds. Furthermore, it has the die-cast chassis, which prevents vibration and resonance. From its quality sound to its professional use, it’s worth more than its price!
- Has NO vibrations or resonance
- Offers amazing sounds
- Includes everything you need in a controller and extra features
- Manual is clear and easy to understand for beginners
- Comes at a more expensive price
- Some problems of a loose tonearm
- Internal and External Memory: Up to 2GB using Internal Memory and 2TB using SD cards
- Sound I/O : 3.5mm Stereo Jack x 4 (Line-out, Headphones, Line-in, Microphone)
- Line-out 1.0 Vrms / Headphones : 1.0 Vrms
- General : 320 x 240 resolution color display 2EA, Interface : Mini-B USB x 1 (for USB 2.0 connection and power supply)
- Internal Li-Polymer Battery / Max 12hrs play back / Support Sleep mode
The Monster GO DJ Digital Turntable is made for those on-the-go. What you’ll love most about it is that it isn’t only portable, but has the LCD touch screen which makes it easy to bring and use anywhere. It’s a pocket-sized turntable so you’re able to produce and record the quality audio, even without a laptop.
It does take some time to understand how it works, but once you get it, everything’s smooth sailing from there.
- All advanced technology for ease of use
- Portable and only pocket-sized to bring easily
- Great sound with long battery life
- Doesn’t have all necessary features for professional recording
- Can’t skip ahead in the song
Selecting the Best DJ Turntable For You
Choosing the right DJ controller takes time and research. With that in mind, check out these helpful factors:
The software of what you purchase is just as important as the controller itself. The software should be compatible with your devices and also have the easy-to-understand interface for you to get started!
Features and Functionality
Your first DJ controller should have all the basic features. While there are other extras that seem attractive, it’s best to start off with something that has all the necessary inclusions while still being affordable enough. You can work your way up as you master your first controller!
Appearance is also another big factor when selecting a controller, because you want something that isn’t only made of quality material, but also with the aesthetic look! It should be comfortable to use with playability as a beginner in mind.
Wrapping It Up
Having the best beginner turntable is an essential for all budding DJs and music creators out there. And if you’re still on the lookout, then you might want to consider getting the Numark PT101 Scratch Portable DJ Turntable.
The reason why this is the top choice is because of its ease of use for beginners and versatility made for professionals, too. It has all you need to perform your scratch routines wherever and whenever, making the turntable well worth the long-term investment.
I hope this article on the best turntables for beginners helped you out! So don’t wait any longer and check out any of these reviews now. If you have any questions or want to share your own experiences with these products, then comment below. I’d love to hear your reviews!