Getting the right equipment to start your career as a DJ or strengthen your hobby in music creation is important.
One of the essentials is the best turntables for beginners to have you mix music even better!
If you’re still looking for one, then read on as I show you my top choices to help you out.
Here are our top picks for the best beginner DJ turntables
- Numark PT01 Scratch DJ Turntable
- Audio Technica LP1240-USB XP DJ Turntable
- Pyle PLTTB3U USB Turntable
- Pioneer DJ Direct Drive DJ Turntable
- Monster GO DJ Digital Turntable
What I like about the Numark PT01 Scratch DJ Turntable is its versatility. You can actually use this anywhere you like, having the portability that makes it easy to bring around and use. You don’t even need to have a AC wall power, as you can use it outdoors, too!
The turntable has the built-in Adjustable Scratch Switch and PT01 Scratch, so you can get any records to start performing. Plus, it has everything you need to start scratching immediately, which can have you learn better.
- Portable and easy to bring and use anywhere
- Can use any various records to start scratching and adding cuts
- It’s easy to use and play for beginners and pros
- Some complaints of the on/off switch not working
- Doesn’t come with any records available
The Audio Technica LP1240-USB XP DJ Turntable may be intimidating given the professional name. However, this gives beginners a chance to utilize a manual turntable to progress to intermediate and advanced levels.
It has professional DJ features but it’s still easy to start off with. While it may come at a more expensive price, it’s worth the investment especially if you see DJing as something you’ll do for the long-term. The rock-solid sounds and adjustable operation helps make it an enjoyable turntable to use!
- Solid-body with the strength and durability to last
- Professional features built for beginners and advanced players
- Offers amazing and phenomenal sound quality
- It May take time to get used to
- Tonearm lacks weight and feels a bit cheap
If you want the classic turntable without the frills and expensive price, I recommend the Pyle PLTTB3U USB Turntable. This is a belt-drive USB turntable that comes with the software needed to begin producing music.
The turntable is light and made of quality materials, with an attractive design that looks professional to use. It also has fine speaker quality and great pitch control, as well as the smooth sound and easy control. Everything was easy to set up and understand, which is why I highly recommend it for beginners.
- Smooth sound and adequate pitch control
- Attractive design with good durability for its price
- Easy to setup and understand controls
- Made of plastic so it sometimes wobbles
- Can’t lift the tonearm at the end of your record
Pioneer is an excellent company that only rolls out high-quality sound systems, with the DJ Direct-Drive DJ Turntable being an excellent choice. It’s made for beginners to professional DJs alike, with the robust construction and fantastic features that work so well.
It has a high-torque direct drive, which ensures stable rotation and gives you control over how you want to play your sounds. Furthermore, it has a die-cast chassis, which prevents vibration and resonance. From its quality sound to its professional use, it’s worth more than its price!
- Has NO vibrations or resonance
- Offers amazing sounds
- Includes everything you need in a controller and extra features
- Manual is clear and easy to understand for beginners
- Comes at a more expensive price
- Some problems of a loose tonearm
The Monster GO DJ Digital Turntable is made for those on the go. What you’ll love most about it is that it isn’t only portable, but has an LCD touch screen which makes it easy to bring and use anywhere. It’s a pocket-sized turntable so you’re able to produce and record quality audio, even without a laptop.
It does take some time to understand how it works, but once you get it, everything’s smooth sailing from there.
- All advanced technology for ease of use
- Portable and only pocket-sized to bring easily
- Great sound with long battery life
- Doesn’t have all necessary features for professional recording
- Can’t skip ahead in the song
How to Choose the Best DJ Turntable For Beginners?
Choosing the right DJ controller takes time and research.
When looking for a beginner DJ turntable, consider these things before buying:
The software of what you purchase is just as important as the controller itself. The software should be compatible with your devices and also have the easy-to-understand interface for you to get started!
Features and Functionality
Your first DJ controller should have all the basic features. While there are other extras that seem attractive, it’s best to start off with something that has all the necessary inclusions while still being affordable enough. You can work your way up as you master your first controller!
Appearance is also another big factor when selecting a controller because you want something that isn’t only made of quality material, but also with an aesthetic look! It should be comfortable to use with playability as a beginner in mind.
What is the best DJ turntable for beginners?
Having the best beginner turntable is essential for all budding DJs and music creators out there. And if you’re still on the lookout, then you might want to consider getting the Numark PT101 Scratch Portable DJ Turntable.
The reason why this is the top choice is because of its ease of use for beginners and versatility made for professionals, too. It has all you need to perform your scratch routines wherever and whenever, making the turntable well worth the long-term investment.
I hope this article on the best turntables for beginners helped you out! So don’t wait any longer and check out any of these reviews now. If you have any questions or want to share your own experiences with these products, then comment below.
Also Read: Best DJ Turntables in 2021