Planning on getting a cool DJ controller to start your journey to create music in clubs and mix your favorite upbeat music?
Start mixing music with the best DJ controllers for beginners first if you’re not sure where to start yet.
If you’re not sure on which DJ controller to buy, we’ve created this list to help you narrow down the best ones in the market today.
Here are our top picks for the best beginner DJ controllers in 2024
- Pioneer DJ Controller DDJ-SB3
- Numark DJ2GO2 DJ Controller
- Numark Mixtrack 3 DJ Controller
- Pioneer DDJ-RB DJ Controller
- Roland DJ-202 DJ Controller
Pioneer comes from the excellent quality made by the reputable brand, with the DDJ-SB3 DJ controller being a good product. I appreciate its intuitive layout, which is very easy to memorize and understand as a beginner. That way, it will be a reflex as you learn how to mix and produce music.
It comes with all the features you need to begin producing music, including scratch effects and seamless mixing. Constructed with durability and usability in mind, this is made for beginners to professionals.
- It has the understandable layout for easy playability
- Has the smart layout with good weight and grip ridges to handle well
- Solid build quality for beginners to professionals to use
- Pitch sliders ar a bit short ranged
- Faders a bit too light
If you want something that’s portable and easy to bring along and use wherever you go, you’ll like the Numark DJ2GO2 DJ Controller. This product is made of the two-channel body and lightweight properties that make it easy to take and use, whether you’re a beginner or pro.
It has the built-in sounds and compatibility, as well as the mix control and audio interface for recording music on-the-go or at home. And though it has the small body, it has the extra features to control music the way you want it.
- Small and lightweight
- Can be used on-the-go
- Fun for both beginners and professionals
- Has the decent sound quality and all necessary features in one
- It cas no mic input
- It comes with no split cue
I love the Numark Mixtrack 3 DJ Controller, made for beginners, either at home or for performances. It’s great for aspiring DJs because of the easy-to-understand interface and the software that’s easy to use and made for free when purchasing the controller
It also has the professional features users can take advantage of, from the smooth sliders down to the touch-sensitive wheels. With all that i mind plus the ease of use, you can get started with producing music now.
- Nothing fancy but with the needed features for awesome performances
- Looks professional with strong build
- Has a free and easy-to-understand software included
- Doesn’t have internal sound card
- Fader begins to bleed audio after a year or so of usage
The Pioneer DJ DDJ-RB Controller is best known not only for its reputable brand, but the portability. It’s bundled with the rekordbox DJ license key to gain access to all your music production needs, as well as the much-needed features even professionals highly appreciate.
You’re able to mix instinctively thanks to its understandable layout, which comes with various sequence calls and triggers, as well as the flexibility to use either speakers or your sounds. All in all, an easy-to-travel controller for beginners to use at home.
- Has an introversion and with free software for beginners
- Can play your music through your speakers or sound card
- Portable and easy to travel with
- Not the best for live performances
- Has no headphone mix control knob
You’ll be surprised with how much value the Roland DJ-202 DJ controller has for its budget. It’s lightweight and compact, easy to take wherever, and great to use for the house or in performances. I also highly appreciate its handles to bring it around with ease.
The entry-level controller packs a lot of features and offers the infinite control from your laptop. With its full sequencer and built-in drums, you’re able to learn a lot from this, spending hours producing music.
- Great size and weight
- Lightweight for ease of bringing around
- Professional quality with the sturdiness to last
- Gives you control over your sound with built-in drum machine and over output sound
- Has no booth output Limited sounds for now
- Still waiting for update
How to Choose the Best Beginner DJ Controller?
When selecting a DJ controller for beginners here are the important factors to consider:
Type of Drive Motor
There are two types of drive motors:
Direct-drive turntable have the motor under the platter’s center, connected directly for higher torque and lower flutter. This is the better choice if you have the extra bucks to spend.
Belt-drive turntables have the motor off-center, connected to the platter from a rubber belt. These have lower torque with greater platter speed fluctuations.
The higher the torque, the better the platter accelerates to the speed when pressing start. It won’t slow down as you hold a record still, which helps in putting control to your music and sounds. The recommended torque is about 1.5 kgf cm.
Pitch Control Slider
The pitch control slider must be smooth and quick to respond to the adjustments made. Other features you may want include the adjustable pitch range, master tempo, reverse, as well as the adjustable torque and BPM counter for more versatility.
Also Read: 10 Best DJ Mixers For Beginners
What is the best beginner DJ controller?
Quick Answer: After our intensive research, we think that the Pioneer DJ Controller DDJ-SB3 is the best DJ controller for beginners. From the intuitive layout, seamless mixing, built-in features and scratch effects, it has everything a starter DJ needs to start mixing music.
I hope this article on the best DJ controllers for beginners helped you out. So don’t wait any longer and check out any of these reviews now.
If you have any questions or want to share your own experiences with these products, then comment below. I’d love to know what you think.