OUR #1 RATED BEST BEGINNER DIGITAL PIANO
|1||Yamaha P71 88-Key Weighted Action Digital Piano With Sustain Pedal And Power Supply...||456 Reviews||$399.99||See Deal|
|2||Yamaha P71 88-Key Weighted Action Digital Piano with Sustain Pedal and Power Supply...||$391.99||See Deal|
|3||Yamaha P45 88-Key Weighted Digital Piano Home Bundle With Wooden Furniture Stand And Bench||236 Reviews||$579.97 $559.98||See Deal|
|4||Yamaha P125 88-Key Weighted Action Digital Piano With Power Supply And Sustain Pedal, Black||89 Reviews||$599.99 from $549.99||See Deal|
|5||Yamaha P71 88-Key Weighted Action Digital Piano with Sustain Pedal, Power Supply, Stand, and Bench||$453.99||See Deal|
EDITOR’S CHOICE: After doing much research and testing, we chose the Yamaha P71 as the best digital piano for beginners because of its ease of use and authentic feel. It sounds and feels just as if you were playing an acoustic piano, which makes it well worth its price.
We know how difficult it may be to look for the best digital piano for beginners, especially if you’re unfamiliar with the many brands and types to choose from!
That’s why I rounded up these top five digital pianos to help you out.
Here are our top picks for the best digital piano for beginners
- Amazon Exclusive Model Includes power adapter and sustain pedal
- 88 fully weighted piano style keys simulate the feel of an acoustic piano and provide a quality playing experience
- Contains 10 different voices, including digitally sampled tones from real Yamaha acoustic grand pianos
- Dual Mode lets you combine two Voices together, like piano and strings, for an inspiring new playing experience
- Slim and stylish design with a depth of less than 12 inches, the P71 requires little space and weighs only 25 pounds
What makes the Yamaha P71 the best digital piano for beginners is its compact body. While it’s a bit heavier than your usual keyboard piano, it’s portable and has a variety of functions and voices to choose from. Plus, it has the 88 fully-weighted piano keys that simulate the feel of the acoustic piano!
- Stylish and compact design
- Has the similar keys of an acoustic piano
- High-cost performance at an affordable price
- The audio plug-in is badly placed
- Sustain pedal slides
- 88 Graded Hammer Fully Weighted Action keys reproduce the touch of an acoustic piano, replicating the feel of the hammers inside an acoustic piano. Synthetic Ivory K6 key tops provide a tactile surface to the white keys preventing slipping.
- ENDLESS FUNCTION: Easy access to 500 authentic voices,128 polyphony,200 preset styles,10 user styles,60 preset songs,10 user songs,120 album list and 5 demos,in addition to Auto Accompaniment, Song Recording,O.T.S.,MIDI...... Flychord DP330 provides a natural but professional piano experience with endless possibilities.
- The TOP Sound Egine with grand piano meticulously sampled prouce an awesome and decent grand piano sound. At 24 x 59 x 15.4 inches dimensions, which makes it more substantial upright piano.
- 128 note polyphony allows pianists and players to play any music without a drop of a note.Three-half-damper pedal control allows continuously increasing amounts of note sustain, from slight to full, as you depress the sustain pedal.
- One year full-replacement warranty and considerate life-time after-sale service make Flychord more reliable.
For those who are looking for the best digital piano for beginners packed with the necessary features, then you’ll appreciate the Flychord DP330.
What’s amazing about it is that it has the authentic feel AND sound to it, which gives it the beautiful playing experience perfect for starters and advanced pianists.
- It’s easy to set up
- A wide range of functions for beginners
- Feels like the real piano
- Comes at an expensive price
- Doesn’t come with a bench
- GHS weighted action is heavier in the low end and lighter in the high end, just like an acoustic piano
- Advanced Wave Memory Stereo Sampling recreates natural instrument sound in stereo
- 64-note polyphony allows the player to perform moderately dense piano passages, even using heavy sustain pedal, with few or no dropped notes being cut off
- Dual Mode lets you combine two Voices together, like piano and strings, for an inspiring new playing experience
- The USB to HOST port allows you to connect and interact with a wide variety of educational, music creation or music entertainment applications on a computer or mobile device
Another best digital piano for beginners goes to the Yamaha P45. Similar to the P71, it comes with the authentic feel for an amazing playing experience. But what makes it unique is its dual mode and USB connectivity, so you are able to create or play music and track your progress!
- Quality feel and sound
- Dual mode and USB connectivity for better music creation
- Compact size to fit anywhere
- Not as durable as other digital pianos
- Bundle includes Casio CS-67 furniture stand, Casio SP-33 triple-pedal system, furniture bench, Austin Bazaar instructional DVD, Hal Leonard instructional book, and Austin Bazaar polishing cloth
- Casio's best-selling digital piano; new version of Casio PX-150
- Elegant look with redesigned speaker system
- String ensemble and electric piano tones
- Two headphone outputs on front; 1/4" left and right line outputs
The reason why we think the Casio Privia PX-160 is the best digital piano for beginners is that it’s very easy to use and comes with everything you need to start practicing! It comes with the peel, bench, and even instructional books and DVDs to kickstart your love for music.
- Good bundle to begin practicing
- Elegant design and compact size
- Different quality tones to choose from
- Piano stand and the bench is flimsy
- Has a large gap between black and white keys
- APPEALING TONE-This digital piano adopts dream source,with digitalization sampling,88 standard piano keys,giving you an outstanding feel and response
- FEATURE-3 Pedal System(Soft/Sustain/Sostenuto Pedal)/LCD Display Screen/80 Demo Songs/Dual,960 Tones/128 Polyphony/200 Rhythms/Built-in Stereo Speakers/Slide Cover Design
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL-Feature sound volume adjustment,multi-tone selection,sound recording control,playback function,split/touch control function,metronome function,teaching function etc,let you learn piano more happily in a beautiful melody!
- USB/MIDI TERMINAL-You can connect and interact with a wide variety of educational,music entertainment or other applications on a computer or Apple and Android devices
- QUIET MODE-This 88 key piano with two headphone jacks,you will find it at the bottom of the piano(headphone is not included,but most headphones are available),so you don't worry will disturb others' relax when you are playing.
If you need the best digital piano for beginners that come with all the features and functions, then this LAGRIMA Digital Piano is for you. We appreciate its appealing tone and the hundreds of rhythms, tones, and songs available for practicing or listening.
Plus, it even comes with a headphone jack and USB terminals to play and listen to various songs!
- USB/MIDI terminal and headphone jack included
- Easy-to-understand interface
- Hundreds of rhythms to choose from
- Not the best tone quality
- Speakers aren’t the best
- 88 Natural Weighted Hammer action keyboard keys
- 8 Accurate digitally sampled sounds Maximum polyphony 120 voices
- Built-in stereo sound system (9 Watt x 2) with MFB Servo technology
- Three pedals attach to the piano damper, sostenuto, and soft.(included)
- Included is the Piano with furniture stand and 3 pedal board also comes with AC adapter sheet stand and piano bench
For those who want the balance of beautiful sounds and different voices to choose from, then the best digital piano for beginners is the Korg B1SP digital piano. It has the accurate sampled sounds and the weighted action which feels and sounds just like the traditional piano!
- Easy to assemble
- Amazing playing experience, like a traditional piano
- Naturally-weighted keys and three pedals attached
- Only one output jack
- Maximum volume isn’t very loud
- Guided by LED Lights to start playing in minutes
- 4000+ sheet music, 100+ videos, and games in the free apps
- Supporting both iOS and Android, phone and tablet
- MIDI output and recording (please refer to the user manual for setting guidance)
- High Grade Piano: 88 weighted keys, professional stereo sound, 3 piano pedals and classic wooden body
Lastly, we have the ONE Smart Piano, which is the best digital piano for beginners because of its advanced capabilities. You are able to connect it to your smart device and install a specialized app that opens up thousands of sheet music and hundreds of lessons to help you learn how to play the piano on your own!
- Guided LED lights for learning
- Weighed keys and classic wooden body for authenticity
- Ability to connect to your smartphone
- The app could use some updates
- Limited song choices
- The RockJam 49 key keyboard piano is compact in design and is the ideal option for those with limited space, Looking for portability or children as looking to reach those high notes
- The RockJam 49 key keyboard piano can be powered through either batteries or mains power (power supply included) making it the ideal choice for use both in the house and on the move
- The RockJam 49 key keyboard piano Includes key notes stickers that are both easy to Install and remove so you can be confident in identifying the keys you need to be playing and increase muscle memory
- The RockJam 49 key keyboard piano provides you with exclusive content within the Simply piano application for iOS and Android to kick start your musical journey. (Tablet not included.)
- The RockJam 49 key keyboard Includes two stereo speakers so you can monitor and perform at up to 16 settings. The keyboard also includes a headphone input for when you are looking to practice in private
The RockJam RJ549 is a 49-key digital piano that is best suitable for beginners. But that does not mean that advanced digital pianists can’t benefit from its features. While other keyboards offer more special features and capabilities for the advanced user, this digital piano offers all the basics and then some.
If you are a beginner at the moment but would like to purchase a keyboard that can last you many years, no matter what you skill level may be at that time, then there’s plenty of reason to get the RockJam RJ549.
Additionally, if you are an advanced player who wants a simple digital piano, this is the best option for you. But just because this piano is stripped off of flashy features, it doesn’t mean that it is lacking. The RockJam RJ549 includes key notes stickers – perfect for the complete beginner.
But at the same time, advanced players may appreciate its 40 note record and playback function which allows more depth to their compositions. It also comes with 10 instruments, 10 rhythms, 8 percussion sounds, auto chord, vibrato, and sustain effects.
I also love that this piano can be powered by batteries or its main power, making this keyboard playable both indoors and outdoors. Plus, I also like that it has a sheet music stand to support tablet devices or sheet music.
No matter if you are a beginner or a more experienced player, you will always find a sheet music stand to be convenient and useful.
- A good quality keyboard for both beginners and advanced players
- Easy to install and keep
- Does not take up a lot of space
- Comes with a wide variety of built-in effects
- As well as access to exclusive content within the Simply piano application compatible with iOS and Android
- Keys are smaller to accommodate the portability of the digital piano
- HIGH QUALITY This standard 88 keys roll up piano made of high quality with environmental silicome keyboard,nontoxic,wear resistance,soft and durable.This product has made the FCC product quality certification.The sounds very crisp,vibrant sound which make you feel The same as real piano.Perfect for children/adult beginners.
- REASONABLE DESIGN Small size,it can be rolled up, easy to carry,built-in 1100mah rechargeable battery,allow you practice fingering anytime and anywhere.Professional designed for children and beginners.Give your friends and kids a good christmas gifts or birthday present
- EASY to PLAY 88 standard keys piano keyboard easy to play with user manual, restore real piano keys width and key distance, with recording / programming / playback function, professional, easy to play for beginners to practice.
- MULTI-FUNCTION 88 Keys hand roll piano build-in loudspeaker,140 International standard tone,128 International standard rhythm.14 demo songs and other sound effects.Single finger chord and multi-finger chord,Build-in rechargeable 1000mAh polymer lithium battery, can be used continuously for 8-10 hoursalso.Support external headset so as not to disturb others.Built-in professional subwoofer, make the sound of the piano is better.USB MIDI output,can be connected to the computer for editing music
- WORRY-FREE WARRANTY Simple and Convenient return process.Lujex offer 180 days warranty provide and 60 days return without reason.If there is any problem during use please contact us in time,we have perfect service and you will get a satisfactory answer.
Only a serious and passionate digital playlist would want a truly portable keyboard. If you’re an advanced player who wants to take your music literally anywhere you go, you might be interested in getting a roll-up piano.
While it’s definitely a more unconventional type of keyboard, it may prove to be useful when you have little to no space available for a full keyboard.
The Lujex Roll Up Piano has 88 keys, 128 international standard tones, 128 international standard rhythm, 14 demo songs, a trill effect, and a tenuto sound effect as well – that’s a lot to pack for a roll-up piano.
This musical instrument has a built-in rechargeable 1100mah polymer lithium battery which can also be connected to a power source or a power bank, making it truly portable and playable no matter where you are.
At first glance, the Lujex Roll Up Piano may look like a flimsy material but rest assured, it is actually made out of durable and environmentally-friendly silicone. Not only is it great for children and adults, it’s also safe for the environment.
The keyboard also has a loudspeaker inside, but it also supports connectivity to an external headset. It also has a USB MIDI output which can be connected to the computer for editing music.
- Does not take up a lot of space in one’s bag
- Can be charged with a power bank or other power sources
- Comes with a MIDI output for recording and a sustain pedal
- Great for one note melodies only
- Cannot play more than two keys at once
- FLAWLESS, AUTHENTIC RANGE OF SOUND: Built-in speakers offer tremendous sound, complete with 255 Timbres, 255 rhythms, 61 keyboard percussions, and 24 demonstration songs. Stereo outputs and a headphone jack can be used to listen through external speakers or with the included headphones.
- INTEGRATED LEARNING SYSTEM: Designed for beginner to intermediate-level use, this multi-function keyboard piano features 61 keys, providing a traditional piano or organ feel for versatile learning and an exciting acoustic experience. Keyboard comes with a complete set of transparent stickers to label the piano keys in order to simplify and accelerate piano mastery.
- DELUXE EFFECTS & FEATURES: Ideally suited to master finger control, this portable piano keyboard allows for play of single-fingered and fingered auto-bass chords, with the capacity to select chord timbre, program/edit rhythm, as well as utilize effects such as vibrato, sustain, & ensemble. Additional features include rhythm sync and fill-in, tempo adjustment, accompanying volume, and a master volume control.
- RECORD & PLAYBACK, with MICROPHONE & HEADPHONES: Belt out in song or discreetly practice on headphones, along with the option to record and playback for improved performance. Includes microphone with a 4' cord, audio input, output, and headphones.
- EASY SET-UP with STAND and STOOL: Ready-to-use right out of the box, just power with 6 AA batteries (not included) and take this compact, lightweight musical keyboard on the road or to lessons, or plug the US-standard 110 -120 volt power adapter into the wall for extended play sessions. A sturdy metal keyboard stand meets varied needs with 3-position adjustable height functionality (22", 24-1/2", and 27").
If you’re an advanced player with plenty of years experience under your belt, you need a keyboard that means business. And when it comes to the most affordable yet suitable option for advanced digital pianists, the Hamzer portable electric keyboard is at the top of the list.
This keyboard comes with its own built-in speakers, complete 255 timbres, 255 rhythms, 61 keyboard percussions, and 24 demo songs – that’s more than enough material to play around with. Its stereo outputs and headphone jack can be used to listen through external speakers or with the headphones included in the bundle.
But if you ask me, my ultimate favorite part of this keyboard is the keys. They are in a standard size, giving users a traditional piano feel. And for beginners, this keyboard also comes with a very useful set of transparent stickers for labelling keys in order.
Best of all, this keyboard from Hamzer is designed to master finger control. It allows users to select chord timbre, program or edit rhythm, and utilize various effects. Additionally, it comes with features such as rhythm sync and fill-in, tempo adjustment, accompanying volume, and a master volume control.
- Provides a traditional piano or organ feel
- Thanks its nicely built standard-size keys
- Comes with plenty of effects and songs to experiment and play along with
- Includes plenty of additional accessories such as a microphone
- Headphones a stand etc.
- Though there are plenty of sound effects
- Some sound very similar to one another
- 88 key (hammer action)
- Polyphony: 128 (max)
- Voices: 600
- Styles: 230 preset; 10 user
- Music Library: 120 preset songs; Music Tutorial System
The Medeli SP4200 is an 88-key (hammer action) compact digital piano that is packed with powerful features. If you are searching for a piano with weighted keys that’s perfect for travel, then this is the option for you. This keyboard comes with 600 voices that you can play with almost any music genre.
It also has 128 polyphony which promises that no notes will be missed when playing a song with any of the available 230 style accompaniments included.
This digital piano also comes with a backlit LCD display and an external USB drive which allows users to record their songs via a USB recording device.
Personally, I think that the Medeli SP4200 is the perfect pocket-friendly option for those who are interested in recording their own songs as well, apart from simply enjoying a well-made guitar.
- A good quality digital piano with 88 hammer action keys
- Comes with 600 voices and 128 polyphony
- Supports USB connectivity
- Has the ability to record songs by plugging in a USB recording device
- Lacks features that are available on more affordable options
- Rich, responsive tone from Roland's renowned SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine
- 88-note PHA-4 Standard keyboard provides authentic piano touch for maximum expression
- Powerful amplifier and stereo speakers deliver impressive sound
- Headphones output and quiet keyboard action allow you to enjoy playing at any time without disturbing others
- Optional matching stand and three-pedal unit provide a classic piano look and enhanced functionality, including hands-free page turning with some sheet music apps
In my opinion, the Roland 88-note Portable Digital Piano is the perfect option for those who are looking for a practice keyboard. Thanks to its compact design, users can bring this digital piano almost anywhere with ease. But that’s not the only reason why you should consider getting this keyboard.
This 88-note PHA-4 standard keyboard is all about providing players the most authentic piano touch playing experience – perfect for maximum expression. And together with Roland’s trademark SuperNATURAL piano sound engine, this keyboard produces only rich and responsive tones. What more can a digital pianist ask for?
I also love that it comes with a powerful amp but it also has a headphone output that allows a more private practice. The built-in Bluetooth connectivity allows users to connect their keyboard with popular smartphone apps such as GarageBand, Sheet Music Direct, and more.
Additionally, players can also choose from a wide selection of non-piano sounds like strings, voices, and drums, thanks to its dual/split mode.
The Twin Piano mode on this keyboard also makes the ideal setting for lessons. This mode allows a student and a teacher to play side by side within the same octave. And finally, players can also save songs on the SMF recorder as well.
- Lightweight and highly portable but also durable enough for travel
- Comes with plenty of playing modes
- Addressing the needs of a digital pianist
- Supports Bluetooth connectivity
- Has a headphone jack
- The sound may still be too synthetic according to some users
- 88-key Digital Stage Piano with Responsive Hammer Compact Action
- Built-in Stereo Speaker System
- Bluetooth and MIDI ports
If you’re looking for a simple, no-frills digital piano, then the Kawai ES110 is perhaps the best solution for you. This 88-key digital piano is all about delivering the needs of all types of players. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced learner, there’s plenty of reason why you’d want to get the Kawai ES110.
First, this digital stage piano features a Responsive Hammer Compact Action which gives players a playing experience that is close to authentic compared to other digital pianos out there.
It also has 192-note polyphony, a built-in stereo speaker system, and MIDI ports. The Dual and Split Modes and the onboard lessons are great additions for complete beginners and for those who are just starting out. And because this keyboard supports Bluetooth connectivity, it also works with plenty of smartphone apps as well.
- Has high-quality 88-keys with Responsive Hammer Compact Action
- Comes with 192-note polyphony with a good quality speaker system
- Supports Bluetooth connectivity
- The weight of the keys are inconsistent
- According to some users
- The keys make a lot of noise compared to other keyboards
The Best Digital Piano for Beginners vs Keyboards
The major difference between a digital piano and a keyboard is its size and weight. Digital pianos aren’t as portable as a keyboard and are made to replicate the sound and feel of a traditional piano.
Furthermore, the keys and sensitivity are more quality than that of a keyboard, having the ebony and ivory texture to make it feel as if you were playing a real piano.
However, they are quite an expensive investment. Keyboards are a more affordable and compact option. But if you want that beautiful and authentic feel, then a digital piano is best for you.
To choose the best digital piano for beginners, you have to ensure that it comes with the practical features that make it feel like the real thing.
Assuming you’re a beginner, then the digital piano should have a good weighted action and built-in learning tools which can help you practice your skills until you’re ready to invest in a more advanced piano.
You don’t need to spend countless hours trying to figure out what the best digital piano is for you.
By reading up on reputable reviews (like this!) and learning more about digital pianos, you’ll find the one suitable for you and your home. And that is no other than the Yamaha P71 Digital Piano.
If you have any questions or want to share your reviews on any of these digital pianos, then comment below.