OUR #1 RATED BEST DIGITAL PIANO FOR ADVANCED PIANISTS
|1||Casio Privia PX-870 Digital Piano - Black Bundle with Furniture Bench, Instructional Book, Online...||85 Reviews||from $999.99||VIEW NOW|
|2||Casio PX-870 WH Privia Digital Home Piano, White||18 Reviews||$999.00||VIEW NOW|
|3||Casio Privia PX-160 Digital Piano - Black Bundle with CS-67 Stand, SP-33 Pedal, Furniture Bench,...||210 Reviews||$649.99||VIEW NOW|
|4||Casio Inc, 88-Key Digital Pianos-Home (PX-870 Brown)||1 Reviews||$999.00||VIEW NOW|
|5||Casio PX860 BK Privia Digital Home Piano, Black with Power Supply||56 Reviews||$999.99||VIEW NOW|
EDITOR’S CHOICE: When you need the best digital piano for advanced pianist, then the Casio Privia PX-870 will definitely surpass your expectations.
It doesn’t only look like the real thing, but it also comes with the premium grand piano voice that recreates the power of a concert grand, making it something advanced players will truly appreciate.
If you’re an advanced pianist already, you can’t just settle on playing one of these beginner digital pianos, right?
You need a digital piano that fits your skill level.
Those with soft and lesser keys don’t suit your anymore.
In this post, we’re going to show you the best digital pianos for advanced pianists.
Check out our ultimate purchasing guide on the best digital pianos for you.
7 Best Digital Pianos for Advanced Pianists (2019 Review)
- 88 scaled, weighted hammer-action keys with simulated ebony and ivory textures
- Stunning new piano sound with detailed resonance, plus 18 other Tones
- Powerful new Sound Projection 4-speaker system
- Versatile recording, practice, and performance tools
- Stylish, modern wooden cabinet with sliding key cover
Another excellent choice goes to the Casio Privia PX-870, which comes with the complete bundle advanced pianists need to start playing immediately. With the weighted hammer-action keys and full-sized body, there’s nothing you need more than to begin honing your skills! Plus, it has the amazing sound system to project beautiful sounds.
- Powerful new sound projection
- Versatile with performance and recording tools
- Attractive design
- Keyboard cover gets stuck sometimes
- Kids may find the keys too heavy
- The CFX Premium Grand Piano Voice recreates the power and tone of Yamaha's flagship CFX concert grand piano
- Graded Hammer 3 action (GH3) with synthetic ivory key tops add a tactile surface to the white keys, which absorbs finger moisture and prevents slipping
- Virtual Resonance Modeling (VRM) allows for vivid and richly-varied expression to reflect the limitless number of factors that create the sound of a concert grand piano
- Full Dot LCD Display allows for smooth navigation of the instrument's features and functions
- Includes a padded bench, music stand, power supply and sheet music book.Number of Polyphony (Max.):128
The Yamaha YDP184R Digital Piano is the best digital piano for advanced pianist because of its elegant design that is packed with the practical features anyone can take advantage of. I like that it comes with synthetic ivory keys and tactile surface, which feels smooth without my fingers sleeping.
- Sounds like a concert grand piano
- Graded Hammer action 3 for authentic feel
- Comes with complete package
- No hinge on the bench
- Heavy body
- The PX-560 features Casio's renowned Tri-Sensor Scaled Hammer Action II keyboard, which accurately reproduces the touch and response of a concert grand piano.
- Casio's Multi-Dimensional Air (Acoustic and Intelligent Resonator) Sound Source delivers some of the best piano sounds you've ever heard.
- Going beyond the traditional definition of a stage piano, the PX-560 includes 550 Tones, covering a huge variety of musical instruments and genres.
- Size with stand : 52.0 x 11.5 x 5.8 (inches) / 52.0 x 11.5 x 30.4 (inches) [optional]
For advanced pianists who need something lightweight and easy to bring around for their performances, then the Casio PX560BE is the ideal choice. It comes with the hammer action II keys and the AiR sound source, so you have both the quality feel and sound as you play.
- Hundreds of tones to choose from
- Best sound and response
- Compact and ideal for performances and gigs
- No software for beginners
- Can’t execute half damping
- APPEALING TONE-This electric piano adopts dream source,with digitalization sampling,88 standard piano keys,giving you an outstanding feel and response
- FEATURE-1 pedal system/LCD display screen/80 demo songs/480 tones/128 standard GM tones/200 present rhythms/64 Polyphony/Built-in stereo speakers/With purple dust cover
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL-Feature sound volume adjustment,multi-tone selection,sound recording control,playback function,keyboard split function etc,let you learn piano more happily in a beautiful melody!
- USB/MIDI TERMINAL-You can connect it to the computer or mobile device with a wide variety of music entertainment applications quickly and conveniently
- QUIET MODE-This 88 key piano with headphone jack,you will find it at the bottom of the piano(headphone is not included,but most headphones are available),so you don't worry will disturb others' relax when you are playing.
What makes the LAGRIMA the best digital piano for advanced pianist is its variety of designs and the appealing tone it has to offer. It has the 88 standard keys and function-packed body that beginners and advanced pianists will enjoy. From the hundreds of songs and tones, the recording function, and even the split mode, you’ll love to practice and teach here.
- Can connect to your smart device
- Many functions for efficient practice
- Sturdy body and easy to assemble
- Screws of the cover are misaligned
- Some complaints about the packaging
- Roland's industry-leading piano technologies in a stylish, affordable instrument for smaller living spaces
- Supernatural Piano delivers the rich, authentic tone of a real acoustic grand
- PHA-4 Standard Keyboard features high-resolution sensing that maximizes the vast tonal potential of the Supernatural Piano sound engine
- Sophisticated onboard rhythm feature with intelligent accompaniment; 72 different rhythm styles, including 6 pianist styles
- Explore a world of instruments beyond the acoustic piano with 305 additional tones that include electric pianos, strings, organs, guitars, brass, synthesizers, and many others
The Roland F-140R-CB Digital Piano is a piano we trust, based on how Roland uses leading piano technologies that focus on both affordability and quality. We appreciate that it has the rich authentic tones, as well as the many different rhythm and pianist styles to choose from.
- Hundreds of tones to play with
- High-resolution sensing for quality sound and response
- Realistic keyboard action
- No warranty included for returns
- May be a bit too bulky
- Guided by LED Lights to start playing in minutes
- 4000+ sheet music, 100+ videos, and games in the free apps
- Supporting both iOS and Android, phone and tablet
- MIDI output and recording (please refer to the user manual for setting guidance)
- High Grade Piano: 88 weighted keys, professional stereo sound, 3 piano pedals and classic wooden body
You’ll appreciate The ONE Smart Piano because it definitely has the many intelligent features that makes it an ideal piano for beginners and advanced pianists alike. It comes with thousands of sheet music and connectivity capabilities to improve your skills, as well as the professional sounds and weighted keys.
- Has free apps with sheets and music for playing
- Affordable price with necessary features
- Hard to assemble
- Complaints about damaged shipping box
- Includes FC3A sustain pedal and power supply
- GH weighted action is heavier in the low end, lighter in the high end with excellent key stability
- Built-in Stereo Speakers are perfect for practice or small gigs and even serve as a monitor for larger gigs
- The 16-track song recorder/player lets you create full arrangements or play back songs
- Advanced Wave Memory Stereo Sampling recreates natural instrument sound in stereo.
For those who want something portable and made for their next gigs, then the Yamaha CP300 Stage Piano is the best digital piano for advanced pianist! With its FC3A sustain pedal and the GH weighted action, you’ll enjoy performing and practicing with this piano.
- Exceptional weighted action and speakers
- Can be used for small gigs
- Has great memory sampling and recording functions
- Not many voice options
- Not great for home studios
Choosing the Best Digital Piano for Advanced Pianist
Advanced pianists may already know how to choose the best digital piano for them. However, why is it important to get a good digital piano?
Remember that your skills can only get as good as our instrument. While it’s great to start with a piano keyboard, it won’t be able to help with your finger strength and technique as you begin to advance. That’s why it’s important to get a digital piano (if you’re unable to afford or place a real piano in your home).
When looking for a digital piano that matches your skill set, focus on its quality in sound and feel. It should have the premium keys with smooth ebony and ivory simulation, as well as the full-sized body and weighted action to feel like the traditional piano.
Also, look into the sound quality and extra practical features to help hone your skills, from the speaker system down to the recording functions and headphone capabilities.
Wrapping It Up
If you are already an advanced pianist and want to work your way up, then it’s time for an upgrade. This will ensure that you continue learning how to enhance your speed, rhythm, and even create music and perform onstage.
And I hope you’ll agree with me that the Casio Privia PX-870 deserves to be the best choice in this list.
If you have any questions or want to share your own reviews on the best digital piano for advanced pianist, then comment below.