OUR #1 RATED BEST BASS GUITAR UNDER $200
|1||Squier by Fender Vintage Modified Jaguar Electric Guitar - Surf Green||145 Reviews||$399.99||VIEW NOW|
|2||Fender Pure Vintage '65 Jaguar Pickup Set||16 Reviews||$85.00||VIEW NOW|
|3||Squier by Fender 306702505 Vintage Modified Jazz Bass '70s, Natural||110 Reviews||from $349.99||VIEW NOW|
|4||Squier by Fender Classic Vibe 70's Jaguar Electric Guitar - Laurel - 3-Color Sunburst||5 Reviews||$399.99||VIEW NOW|
|5||Fender FA-115 Acoustic Guitar Bundle with Gig Bag, Tuner, Strings, Strap, Picks, and Austin Bazaar...||869 Reviews||$159.99||VIEW NOW|
Finding the best bass guitars under $200 can be challenging if you don’t know what to look for and what the top picks are for great value.
These affordable but quality bass guitars can help improve your playing skills and confidence as you’ve just started out in the world of music.
The best value guitars will also help you explore your style, create music and get inspiration. However, you must select the right one for your satisfaction.
Today, we’re prepared a guide to which you can refer so that you can compare and weigh your options well for that great buying decision.
7 Best Budget Bass Guitars Under $200 in 2019
- Short scale length (30")
- Maple neck with "C"-shaped profile, black headstock and 20-fret rosewood fingerboard
- Single-coil Jazz Bass bridge pickup, vintage-style split single-coil Precision Bass middle pickup
- Volume control knob for each pickup, master tone control knob
- 1 Year Warranty Included
One of the best bass guitars under $200 is undoubtedly the Vintage Modified Jaguar SS electric bass guitar in candy apple red. It is a sleek and modern looking bass from the Squier series that will grab your attention.
The Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass is rocking a P bass pickup and then a J bass pickup at its bridge, giving that adjustable tone to perfection.
This model also has independent volume controls for the pickups included, allowing you to get more out of the bass instrument. For players who want a super bass tone in an inexpensive package, this Squier is the decent choice.
It also offers an easy on the hand 9.5″ radius and a very comfortable 30″-scale neck. Also, this bass guitar comes big time with the preloaded 0.040–0.095 strings.
- Offers an adjustable tone for precision
- Affordable bass guitar for beginners
- Color can be off for some users
- Not as superb sound as others in the same price range
- B15 bridge (16.5mm string spacing)
- Medium frets
- PPD5 bridge pickup (Passive)
- SR body style
If you’re looking for a great sound from a bass guitar but an affordable price, you should not miss the Ibanez GSR105EXMOL. The 5-string offers a punchy tone at an incredibly small package.
You will also like that it offers that excellent playability, but a very awesome price. Great sound and performance, the Ibanez GSR105EX bass guitar can offer you that comfortable feel from a small and compact body.
It also offers portability, allowing you to take it anywhere conveniently. This model also has a slim profile maple neck for precision and balance of comfort and speed while offering a host of sustain for its B15 5-string bridge.
I’d also like to commend this model for its contoured and compact body, allowing for extended playing sessions due to added comfort.
- Has a slim profile neck for comfort and ease in playing
- Offers plenty of sustain for its B15 5-string bridge
- Requires tune work from time to time
- Tuner isn’t that durable
- Maple neck with "C"-shaped profile and 20-fret rosewood fingerboard
- Standard single-coil Jazz Bass bridge pickup and standard split-single-coil Precision Bass pickup
- Separate volume controls for each pickup
- Black pickguard
- 1 Year Warranty Included
Are you looking for a best value guitar that you can count on as you’re trying to improve your playing skills? The Squier Affinity is one of the most reliable choices for that comfortable feel and ease of play.
This bass guitar can offer you with a classic tone with updated features, including a bridge pickup, which makes it a tonally versatile guitar for beginners.
Its fingerboard material is made of Indian laurel that also makes it look elegant and sleek. This guitar also features a polyurethane body finish and maple neck.
The bass guitar also has an alder body material for added durability and performance.
- Durable 3-ply black pick guard
- Easy to play maple neck material
- Design might need some improvement
- Not the best sounding bass guitar
- Body: Poplar, Basswood on natural
- Neck Maple, Scale length 34", Fingerboard Rosewood
- Pickups: MM Style Humbucker
- Controls: 1 Volume, 1 Treble, 1 Bass, Strings: 4 string
If you’re a bass player that is looking for a great sounding instrument available at an affordable price, you might not have to look any further but choose the electric rock bass guitar.
There are many things to like about the black four-string guitar. For one, it o has a solid body that offers an equally solid bass tone that we’re after for our first bass guitar.
It offers superb sound performance that will suit your playing style no matter your genre.
Regardless you’re looking for a solid working bass or occasional use guitar, you might want to consider this guitar is easy to play and offers comfort.
Other features you will like are its MM style humbucker, independent controls for bass, volume and treble.
- Great bass guitar for beginners not ready to spend on expensive guitars
- Offers a rock bass sound for your music style
- Not for left-handed players
- Might not be for advanced bassists
Are you a left-handed guitar player that wants to invest on your first guitar? If you’re not yet ready to invest on expensive bass guitars, then you might want to check out the SX GB Rose 1K PPB.
This bundle is complete with everything you need to start. It comes with a strap, instructional video and a carry bag. You will also like that its smaller size.
The reduced size offers ease of play for those looking for a smaller, reliable bass guitar. So if you’re a beginner or simply looking for a more compact option, you might want to check it out.
- Comes with complete accessories
- Such as instructional video and carry bag
- Ease of play for those looking for a smaller bass guitar
- Not for right-handed users
- Requires tune work from time to time
- 5 string acoustic electric cutaway bass guitar
- light-brown satin finish body, rosewood fingerboard, nut & bridge saddle
- chrome hardware, diecast machine tuners, it has a truss rod
- overall length 47"-scale length 34"- nut width 1 3/4"
- it comes with 10mm padded black gig bag
If you’re looking for a cutaway bass and combo guitar that works as fine as expensive models without compromising your budget, take a look at the 5-string acoustic/electric bass guitar.
This one has an elegant light-brown finish with nut and bridge saddle and rosewood fingerboard. I also liked that it is made with great-sounding rosewood fingerboard.
I also liked the professional sounding 5-string acoustic/electric bass guitar for its nice overall length that offers playing comfort. It is also portable and lightweight instrument for playing anywhere.
Overall, the 5-string guitar is one decent choice for those looking for a professional sounding guitar at an affordable price.
- Affordable and lightweight bass guitar
- Padded black gig bag is good
- Might require a 9V battery from time to time
- Machine tuners not that accurate sometimes
- SPRUCE TOP
- SAPELE BACK AND SIDES, MAHOGANY NECK
- ACTIVE 4 BAND EQ
- ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD AND BRIDGE
- WINGED SEALED GEAR TUNERS
You might want to check out the De Rosa GAB47 if you’re looking for an affordable but high quality bass guitar. This model is ideal for beginners looking for an easier to control guitar for its four strings.
This product is made with high quality materials, including rosewood, mahogany and sapele.
The De Rosa GAB47 has a great cutaway shaped body, reaching even the highest frets smoothly. If you’re looking to improve your performance with an easy to play acoustic, you should not miss the De Rosa GAB47.
The guitar allows plugging into an amp and be adjusted to achieve the perfect tone each time for its integrated 4-band onboard equalizer and pickup.
- Features durable and high quality materials
- Ideal for beginners to improve their playing skills
- Not the best looking affordable guitar on this list
- Gear tuners not as accurate
Choosing the Best Bass Guitars under $200
Check out the following for some pro tips on how to choose a budget bass guitar.
Absolutemusic.co.uk suggests considering the neck of the bass guitar. It can be thinner on the treble side or bass. But what matters for this aspect is your playing comfort.
And one more thing – remember that the neck can be wider on a 5- or 6-string bass than on a 4-string bass
Vibrating or scale length
Check on the vibrating length of the string. How? Just measure it from the nut to the bridge saddle, according to the same source. So as the frets can be set out to a ratio according to the scale length, take note that an instrument with a longer one will also have a farther distance between the frets.
Tonewood, hard or soft?
According to Andrew Pouska of Studybass.com, the tone wood refers to the wood material that is what improves the tone or sound of the bass guitar.
Hard wood can have a snappy and bright sound, giving the instrument a great percussive tonal characteristic. Some of these include ebony, rock maple or rosewood.
Softer woods, on the other hand, can offer a warm and mellow tone. A few examples include basswood and alder.
Get more help to find and buy your first bass guitar from this video.
OUR TOP CHOICE FOR THE BEST BASS GUITARS UNDER $200
The Squier by Fender VM Jaguar SS Electric Bass Guitar is our top choice for the best bass guitars under $200. For one, it is by Fender, a trusted and reliable brand known among even the most famous musicians.
This guitar is also sleek, easy to carry around and lightweight. It is also a great starter guitar that can offer quality and durability. It is a decent choice as a practice guitar.
If you’re looking for a good bass guitar under $200, you should definitely check this one out.