No global pandemic can ever dampen the spirit of gift-giving come Christmas Day. In fact, a well-meaning present could very well be what everyone needs during these trying times.
A gift that can offer hope and renew one’s passion in the things he or she loves the most.
This is especially true for guitarists who may have been inadvertently affected by the global pandemic. If you are at a loss as to what present to give to a guitarist friend or family member, we have 10 of the most amazing gift ideas for you.
10 Christmas Gift Ideas for Guitarists this 2021
10. Guitar Shirt
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
The quintessential Christmas gift, shirts are both fashionable and functional. Your friend can go to his gig wearing the guitar shirt you gave for Christmas. Choose a guitar shirt that characterizes your friend’s personality and his guitar playing style.
You can pick a whimsical design for fun-loving and comic guitarists. There are also exclusive shirts from your friend’s favorite rock or heavy metal band.
T-shirts with ‘sayings’ or phrases are always an instant hit, especially if the message happens to ring a bell to your friend. Cotton shirts are always best, as they are comfortable to wear.
9. Guitar Case
- Fits popular models of 6 string and 12 string acoustic guitars made by manufacturers such as Gibson, Fender, Yamaha, Epiphone, Takamine, Washburn and many others
- Interior Dimensions: Body Length - 23.5 Inches, Body Height 6.5 Inches, Lower Bout Width16.5 Inches, Middle Bout Width 12.5 Inches, Upper Bout Width13 Inches, Overall Length 43.5 Inches, Height 6.5 Inches
Does your friend travel a lot? Is the guitar case that came with his instrument already showing signs of deterioration? Did you notice his guitar accumulating dust and cobwebs?
In any of these situations, a guitar case is always a good solution. There are plenty of options to choose from, depending on your budget. Cheap ones may not offer enough protection for the guitar.
Always pick a case with excellent cushion for the instrument. It would also be nice to have carrying mechanisms, such as shoulder straps or grab handles.
8. Guitar Amp
- THE GUITAR AMP & APP THAT JAM ALONG WITH YOU - Smart Jam learns your style and feel, generating authentic bass and drums to accompany you
- DESIGNED FOR GUITAR, ACOUSTIC OR BASS - Access to 10,000+ amp-and-FX presets on ToneCloud, powered by PositiveGrid’s BIAS realistic virtual tube amps and effects
Whether it is for the studio, a live performance, or for home practice sessions, a guitar amp is always a great gift idea for guitar players. Pick one that already has a built-in speaker.
Give a guitar amp that is best suited to the playing style and needs of your friend. You will never run out of options if you have a clear idea of your friend’s playing style.
7. Guitar Straps
- ✅ DESIGNER LOOK AND FEEL - The TimbreGear Vintage Woven Guitar Strap is a classy, super sleek guitar strap that will wow your audience with it's vintage vibes and couture look. Woven out of high- quality, and durable materials, this guitar strap will visually enhance your guitar playing for years to come.
- ✅ EXTREME COMFORT - Shoulders aching from hours of playing with an uncomfortable strap? Not anymore! Buy the TimbreGear Guitar Strap and instantly notice the difference. With 2" of width in the strap, and ultra-soft 100% cotton backing, your guitar playing just got a whole lot more comfortable.
Any player worth his guitar deserves a nice strap to go along with his instrument. There are several types to choose from. Leather is always a good choice because it grows more beautiful with age. It is tough, too.
Nylon straps are also durable, although you need to pick one with ample padding. Cotton is comfortable to wear over the shoulders and back. The issue is that cotton is not as durable as leather or nylon. You can also pick a neoprene guitar strap complete with memory foam.
6. Guitar Picks
- Dunlop Standard Tortex Picks, 12 Pack, Blue, 1.00mm
Plectrums are a must for any guitar player. This small object can produce a sound slightly different from the one produced by bare fingers. Certain playing styles also call for a plectrum.
That is why it is always a good choice as a Christmas gift for guitarists. Picks come in different thickness and shapes. Each one has its own uses. Plectrums are also available in different materials. Common choices are celluloid, plastic, and nylon. If you want to be unique, try wood, rubber, steel, or even bronze.
5. Guitar Rack
- Brand: HERCULES
- Accommodates 5 acoustic / electric / bass guitars with SFF (Specially Formulated Foam) covering all contact points
Racks are the perfect gift for guitar players who already own several guitars. These pieces of furniture store and protect guitars from accidental falls and banging against each other.
If your friend only has one guitar, a more suitable gift will be a guitar stand. A-frame and tubular guitar stands are very common.
If you feel uneasy about the safety of your friend’s guitar, then you might want to give him or her guitar hanger and wall mount instead. Regardless of what type you choose, always pick one with good quality.
4. Guitar Tuner
- Super bright LED display
- Extremely Small
Every guitar player needs an accurate and easy-to-use tuner. Even seasoned guitarists. Sound quality depends on many factors, including the correct tuning of the guitar. There are many guitar tuners you can buy for a guitar player.
Most come with a digital interface for easy use. Chromatic tuners are pretty standard. If you want to wow your friend, you might want to consider a polyphonic tuner.
Strobe guitar tuners provide the highest accuracy among the different types of tuners. A tuner that works with different string instruments is also great.
3. Guitar Repair & Maintenance Tool
- File set: it has multiple shapes of head, it covers full range of treatment: shaping, forming, carving,material removal, making your work easier and labor-saving.
- 3-1 tool: it's a string cutter, a stringwinder, and a pin puller, can help you change strings in aquick and easy way.
Regardless of how cautious you may be in handling a guitar, there is always a slim chance of a mishap happening. Strings break. Bridge falling off its attachment. Annoying fret buzz.
Crackling sound in the input jack. Broken neck. The list can go on. Even if your friend is very careful about his guitar, he will still need to maintain the guitar’s pristine condition.
Conditioning the fretboard and applying new strings are two of the most common guitar maintenance routines. A guitar repair and maintenance tool should be very useful.
2. Guitar Fretboard Cleaner
- 【Guitar String Cleaner】These guitar string cleaner can keep the guitar strings clean and increase their lifespan. Cleans all-round the strings,frets and They can also preserves the tone of guitar strings at the same time, board preserving original tone.
- 【Convenient to carry】Ergonomic handle, a handy gadget which cleans your strings and fretboard. You can use these guitar bass string cleaner anywhere. They are portable and easy to use. Lightweight and pratical. Convenient for carrying out with your guitar. There is no extra tools required with its good cleaning performance.
The design of the fretboard makes it very easy to accumulate dirt. Particles can accumulate on the junction between the individual frets and the fingerboard. Finger pads can transfer dead skin cells and other particles onto the fretboard whenever you play your guitar.
While the dirt will not have a substantial effect on the sound of the guitar, it can diminish its aesthetic qualities.
Giving a guitar player the best guitar fretboard cleaner should keep this part of the musical instrument in tiptop shape. It is one way your friend can take good care of his guitar.
1. New Guitar
No other Christmas present can be more meaningful to a guitarist than a brand new guitar.
This holds true even for those who already have an axe to play. It does not have to be the very expensive ones. However, if budget is never a concern, then you can always pick a good guitar from trustworthy names. Fender, C. F. Martin, and Gibson all make reliable and excellent quality guitars.
Or you can also check out some new guitar brands to watch out for here, one of which is Orangewood guitars. They’ve been making really cool acoustic guitars, some of which we are able to review, like the Echo Torrefied Spruce Live. Check out the full review here.