OUR #1 RATED BEST VOLUME PEDALS
Some guitarists might overlook the importance and benefits of a volume pedal. Although volume pedals only bring subtle touches and changes to the signal chain, these pedals actually offer a lot more flexibility which is crucial when it comes to the type of music you play.
Plus, one of the best things about having a volume pedal is that you can control the volume more easily and with a lot more accuracy. Who wouldn’t want that, especially if you want full control over your output? Below are seven of the best volume pedals that are currently getting lots of attention.
7 Best Volume Pedals
- High-impedance Volume/Expression Pedal for Guitar or Other High-Impedance Instruments
Following the popular FV-300, BOSS comes up with its descendant which also equally amazing. The FV-500H Foot Volume Pedal is one of the top-performing pedals in the market today. It is a high impedance pedal that functions as a mono volume pedal that has a plug-and-play system, making it perfect for beginners to use instantly.
The FV-500H has a heavy-duty die-cast body made to last the toughest times. This volume pedal offer a new stylish design and comfortable, smooth action. It also features an expression pedal function that suits well with expression-compatible amps, effects, and even synthesizers.
- No tone loss
- Sturdy and heavy-duty Construction
- Adjustable stiffness of the pedal
- Hard to control volume Heavy
- Dunlop mini pedal is Ultra-compact volume and expression pedal for electric guitar.Aux output combines tuner and expression connectivity.
- Internal pot allows you to set a minimum parameter value for expression pedal.
- Controls volume levels and FX parameters.For guitar, bass or other instruments.
- Low Friction Band-Drive.Adjustable pedal resistance.Aluminium housing.Internal trim potentiometer for setting the minimum volume.
- TRS jack output 6.3 mm AUX (expression / tuner).dunlop expression pedal guitar volume pedal Dunlop dunlop mini pedal dunlop expression pedal guitar pedal guitar pedals guitar pedalboard pedal feet instrument cables instrument cables 10 ft cables instrument asin B01C2T8HDI and upc 710137094635 is for Dunlop guitar pedal
Leave it to the Dunlop DVP4 Volume X to control your volume and FX parameters flawlessly. The DVP4 does its job half the size paired with a very durable build and lightweight casing. Perfect for players that always travel and have an on-the-go lifestyle, the DVP4 is travel-friendly and has a rubber base plate.
The DVP4 also owns a rocker tension that is fully adjustable, enabling players to have maximum comfortability. The AUX output combines tuner and expression functionality into one jack that can be toggled with a switch inside the pedal.
It also features a patented Low Friction Band-Drive which allows for a smooth range of motion and Consistent performance.
- Compact size
- Rubber base plate
- Very smooth volume taper
- Its color and size might make it less visible on dark stages
- Relatively pricey
- 75 effects
- 14 Amp models
- Up to 5 effects can be used simultaneously
- 100 memory locations
- Built in Expression pedal with additional effects
Take your performance up a notch with the Zoom G1Xon Guitar Effects Pedal. It provides hundred multi-effects with 68 rhythm accompaniments so you could personalize it to the fullest.
It also has a built-in expression pedal, perfect for increasing overdrive, changing volume, or adding wah or filtering to get that sweet sound out of your guitar solos.
The Zoom G1Xon is an expression pedal that does not only improve your volume, distortion, compression, reverb, and more, but it also enables you to use up to 5 of them simultaneously, chained together in any order you like. It possesses flexibility, giving your performances great, complex effects that can all be found in G1Xon.
- Great sound quality
- Great value for the price
- Some pre-sets have a humming sound
- Made of plastic
- Brand: Yamaha
- Product Code: FC7
- The FC7 is a volume controller that allows you to adjust the volume and even the effects of your instrument
- This heavy-duty controller, with "fortissimo function," enables the user to accent certain parts of a performance
- 5' cable, 1/4" jacks
Adjust your volume the most affordable way with the Yamaha FC7. Best used in combination with keyboards, the FC7 is designed for various play styles and is also compatible with the DG series amplifiers. It has an adjustable pedal for your comfort and has a spring point adjustment for better tactile feedback.
The FC7 boasts its Fortissimo function which adds more flavour and accents to your guitar tone. It does not only adjust the volume, but also customizes the effects of your instrument. The FC7 is built to withstand some tough times and heavy use.
- Incredibly accurate
- Highly functional Fortissimo function
- Might be a little difficult to use
- Jr size to better fit on pedal boards
- Mono volume control
- Taper switch for two distinctive swell rates
- For passive signal in
Best used for live bands and performances, the Ernie Ball VP Jr. features 250k Ohm resistant potentiometer that’s suitable for audio paths of passive instruments. The Ernie Ball Jr. is a lightweight pedal which is a must-have for drummers. It also features a micro taper switch which provides two distinct volume swell rates.
The Ernie Ball Jr.’s potentiometer comes with durable Kevlar cable which is attached by stainless steel springs and transmits pedal travel to the controls. It also comes with a wide selection of effects such as Vintage 80’s Rat Pro Distortion and Aqua Puss Delay.
The Ernie Ball Jr. is highly responsive which also means precise and Consistent movement throughout a musical piece.
- Highly responsive
- Numerous effects
- Less durable
- Needs level gauge
- Electro optical circuitry no pots to wear out
- Consistently smooth linear taper is set to Steve's painstaking specifications
- Designed for use in effects loop send and return or in front amp input
- Minimum volume knob is used for a smooth transition between rhythm and lead volumes
- Easy access battery compartment LED indication and two year warranty
With fun and quirky name comes an equally fun set of features. You should seriously Consider the Morley PLA Steve Vai Little Alligator Volume Pedal as it has high quality, visually-appealing design, and is very reliable. The Little Alligator features an electro-optical circuitry and minimum volume knob.
With the Little Alligator, you won’t have a hard time changing its battery since it has easy access with LED indication. It also features smooth linear taper and offers its Consumers a 2-year warranty. Talk about getting your money’s worth!
- Easy to use
- Has electro-optical circuitry
- No tuner output jack
- Takes up a lot of space in pedal board
- Pure analog circuit design combines an active volume and a vintage wah in 1 mini-sized pedal, which is extremely compact, a true space-saver for your crowded pedal board.
- The volume part of the pedal is an active circuit, which would save you from a lot of trouble of impedance mismatch issues.
- The wah part of the pedal is going after the iconic Crybaby style, vintage wah sound, which is dynamic and responsive, meanwhile employed widely by guitarist from all genres.
- Made of hard plastic, the pedal comes with a lightweight casing but yet truly robust and well-built. Two LED light shows the working state of the pedal, indicating which mode the pedal is engaged with.
- Input Impedance(Volume Mode): 1M Ohms; Output Resistance(Expression Mode): 100 Ohms; Power Supply：9V DC (Negative in the center); Dimensions: 148.5(D)*65.5(W)*61(H)mm; Net Weight: 250g.
What’s better than a volume pedal? A volume pedal that also serves as a wah pedal, and the Sonicake VolWah has the best of both worlds. The VolWah is an active pedal that’s both a volume and wah pedal and works well with instruments using passive and active pickups.
It can give you the classic, vintage-style Cry Baby sound and also has the ability in giving your performance the right volume that you need. The VolWah has a small ad compact size that can fit in most pedal boards. It is made of hard plastic which is also lightweight but highly robust and well-built.
- Compact and small
- Pedal functionality
- Can’t control the volume and wah sound simultaneously
- Active pedals can be less convenient than passive pedals
Factors to Consider When Buying a Volume Pedal
For beginners, or players who just want some added information, buying a volume pedal might get confusing. It’s easy to pick the first model that seemed like a good deal or even the cheapest one. To avoid this, there are things to consider first before choosing the right one for you.
Match It with Your Pickups
One of the first things you should consider before choosing the best volume pedal for you is to consider your pickups. It is important that you match the impedance of potential volume pedal to that of your pickups. Otherwise, you might experience losing tone.
Fortunately for you, it’s actually very simple. According to Mission Engineering, a passive volume pedal in the 250K-500K range will be best suited with passive pickups. If you have active pickups you’ll need a passive volume pedal in the 25K – 50K range.
To determine whether you have an active pickup, check if your guitar needs a battery. Guitars that do have a black panel on either the back or side which, if popped open, reveals a battery enclosure.
Passive vs. Active Volume Pedals
A volume pedal has two main types—passive and active. The difference between the two is the power source.
A passive volume pedal, like passive guitar pickups, does not use a separate power source. On the other hand, active volume pedals, like active pickups, use an external power source.
As written in an Andertons article, “Passive volume pedals tend to be cheaper however they don’t serve the same purpose as an active volume pedal.” Active volume pedals might give you more options, but the extra expense may not be worth it if you aren’t going to take advantage of the extra features.
If you’re out there looking for the best volume pedal, stop your search, and get the Boss FV-500H Foot Volume Pedal. This high impedance volume pedal functions as a mono volume pedal that has a plug-and-play system, making it perfect for beginners to use instantly.
It also features an expression pedal function and has a robust die-cast chassis that can withstand heavy use and tough times.