Unleash the inner Mozart within your toddler by letting them engage in musical activities.
Introducing them to the best toddler grand piano would be a first good move.
Make every pastime worthwhile and unforgettable by teaching them how to play a piano.
Even if you don’t know how, there are a lot of good tutorials online which will greatly help.
Pair it with the best toddler grand piano that is both easy to use and attention-grabbing, and your toddler is all set!
Factors To Consider When Buying a Toddler Grand Piano
Part of being a wise shopper is to research everything you need to know about the stuff you’re about to buy. That’s why before actually going into your local musical instruments store, here are some considerations to check before finally choosing the best toddler grand piano for your kid.
Your kid’s safety should be your top priority. That’s why it’s the most important factor, among everything else, that you check if the grand piano is kid-proof.
Check for sharp edges, loose parts or cheap construction of the potential grand piano you’re eyeing, and see if you can do something to change these or make it safer for your kid.
Check thoroughly if there are warning signs so you’ll be able to avoid future accidents.
Meanwhile, practice your toddler’s basics by starting with easy-to-play songs. Perfect for the holiday season, here’s a little tutorial on how to play “Jingle Bells”!
One of the ways to know that you’re ensuring your toddler’s safety is to choose the best toddler grand piano that’s fit for his/her size. Each grand piano is made differently, so they’ll have different dimensions, too.
To know if you’re choosing the right piano for your toddler, pick the one that matches your kid’s age. Toddler grand pianos have a target age range, which are made to match a particular toddler and their height, finger-span and ability to move around comfortably around the piano.
Of course you want to get your money’s worth, I mean, who doesn’t? To ensure that you’re getting a great deal out of the product’s price, check if your best toddler grand piano has a decent quality.
Remember that the build quality do not just affect the product’s durability, but also the piano’s sound quality, and ability to withstand temperature or climate change.
However, the build quality depends on your target price range. While we want to get the most out of the piano’s quality, we also have to consider its price. You wouldn’t expect a very high quality from a budget grand piano.
Remember that it’s a toy, so tone down your expectations when it comes to the grand piano’s sound quality. Manufacturers might find it hard to translate the full-sized sound into a miniature version, so expect that these toddler grand pianos won’t have a full and rich tone you’ll get from a larger-sized piano.
However, that does not give mini grand pianos the excuse to sound funny and a lot “toy-ish”, find something that sounds decent. To give you an idea, you should hear a sound somewhat like a kalimba.
To give you a great head start, here are 5 of the top choices for the best toddler grand piano.
5 Best Small-Sized Toddler Grand Pianos 2019
- EASY-TO-PLAY MINI KEYBOARD: The Melissa & Doug Learn-to-Play Classic Grand Piano includes 30 hand-tuned keys and offers an ideal introduction to music and an easy-to-play songbook with a color-coded key chart.
- DESIGNED FOR SAFETY: Our children's toy piano features a safety-hinged lid that opens and closes along with a non-tipping bench for safe and comfortable use.
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS: This Melissa & Doug child's piano with a bench is made from high-quality wood, plastic, and metal, making it exceptionally sturdy and durable.
- GREAT GIFT FOR KIDS FROM 4 TO 6 YEARS: The Melissa & Doug Learn-to-Play Classic Grand Piano makes an exceptional gift for kids from 4 to 6 years. Add the Melissa & Doug Band-in-a-Box to round out the hands-on, screen-free experience.
- "THE GOLD STANDARD IN CHILDHOOD PLAY": For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination- and creativity-sparking products that NBC News called "the gold standard in early childhood play."
Featuring a total of 30 keys with full octaves, the Melissa & Doug Learn-To-Play Grand Piano could be the best toddler grand piano for your kid. With its attractive and brightly colored physical features, the Learn-To-Play Grand Piano will keep your kid company for hours. Make your child’s pastime very fun and educational, with this grand piano.
The Learn-To-Play comes with a songbook that’s filled with a number of popular nursery rhymes so you’ll both be singing numerous nursery rhymes in no time. Its built to your child’s safety as the Learn-To-Play Grand Piano does not have rough and sharp edges, with a sturdy bench that comes when you purchase it. This color-coded grand piano has an overall size of 11.5” x 15.75” x 9.5”.
Designed to be lightweight, despite being compact, the Learn-To-Play Grand Piano by Melissa & Doug gives an impression of a real grand piano with overall features.
- Child-friendly design
- Durable and can survive some rough play time
- Some screws can be dislodged easily
- 【Developmental】: Piano Toys enhance hearing ability, exercises hands-eyes coordination, boost brain memory development.
- 【Educational】:Keyboard Piano develops kids' musical talent at an early age, especially suit for babies and toddlers. The first step to become a music star.
- 【Multifunctional】: 24 keys, 8 percussion instruments, 4 musical instruments, 4 accompaniment style, 4 rhythm lights, 3 guide modes, 22 demo songs, different volume and rhythms, "play & record", Karaoke, LED, external MP3 and mobile phone, equipped with microphone.
- 【Lovely & Elegant】: This piano keyboard toy is a great gift for kids birthday; perfect for family time & party.
- 【Note】: Size: 13.75*11.5*12 in, weight:40 ounces; Powered by 4 AA batteries of 1.5V(not included)
Made to develop your kid’s musical capabilities, the Amy & Benton Toy Grand Piano is among the best toddler grand pianos in the market. You can practice your kid’s piano skills at a very early age with this grand piano’s features that are created to develop your kid’s hand-eye coordination, music theory cognition, hearing, memory and EQ. Complete with everything you need as a starter kit, the Amy & Benton Grand Piano could be the best toddler grand piano you’re looking for.
This easy-to-use and easy-to-assemble grand piano has 31 keys and 3 movable legs that are made for your toddler’s comfort. Featuring an external microphone and cable, your toddler will experience being a true performer, when he/she sings while gracing the piano. It has an energy-saving feature that whenever there’s an off-time for no more than 2 minutes, the grand piano will automatically be inactive.
Sized at 13.75”x11.5”12”, and powered by 4 AA batteries, the Amy & Benton Grand Piano will be your child’s best toddler grand piano ever.
- Comes with a microphone and cable
- Great value for its price
- Has a lot of functions
- The color of the cable and piano do not match
- 25-key tabletop is perfect for a child's first piano. Both fun and educational, it is an ideal instrument to use for developing hand-eye coordination and encouraging musical creativity.
- Width of the keys promotes proper finger placement enabling an easy transition to a larger piano when ready.
- Includes Schoenhut's patented Tri-Play Learning System: play-by-color teaching method, makes playing simple and fun. A removable color strip fits behind the keys to guide small fingers from chord to chord.
- Patented construction makes our products the most durable for children.
- Meets EN17, ASTM, and CPSIA standards. Intended for Ages 3 and up.
With its eye-catching design and teaching capability, you can add the Schoenhut My First Piano II to your choices of the best toddler grand piano. Each of the 25 vibrant-colored keys will keep your toddler amazed for a long time, especially by its pleasing tones. Every second spent with My Irst Piano II will develop your toddler’s hand-eye coordination and musical senses.
Featuring Schoenhut’s very own Tri-Play Learning System, which has a removable color strip behind each keys to guide toddlers in learning each chord. This color coordination will make learning how to play the piano fun and easy. Meeting and exceeding the safety standards, like the EN17, ASTM, and CPSIA standards, the My First Piano II guarantees a safe and durable construction to each of its users.
- Fun design
- Easy to use
- Might be out of tune
- Celebrity Favorite in business more than 100 Years!
- 2-in-1 adjustable design to grow with your child
- For ages 3+ built for durability sound and style
- L 17" W 12" H 12"
- Bench made to match!
Also from the Schoenhut is its Learn-To-Play Piano that has all the functions and characteristics to be the best toddler grand piano for your kid. With its 2-in-1 adjustable design that’s very convenient as your child grows up, the Learn-To-Play will be your toddler’s companion in learning and honing its musical skills. Featuring a great sound and attractive design, the Learn-To-Play is a great beginner grand piano to let your child enter the piano world.
The Learn-To-Play is made to grow with your child with its unique feature that lets you extend its parts as your child matures. With an option to choose between a teddy bear, horse, or dog, you can extend the piano’s length by attaching the chosen animal’s body to the sides, which raises the piano to the desired height that’s perfect for your child. It also features a play-by-color method which makes learning very enjoyable.
The Learn-To-Play comes with a bench and a songbook, your toddler will have the time of his/ her life while playing this grand piano that’s made for beginners.
- Attractive design
- Easy to use
- Might be out of tune
- CHILDREN'S GRAND PIANO: This miniature kid's grand piano is perfect for little musicians-in-training, with 30 keys and a glossy, hardwood finish
- ADORABLE DESIGN: This "baby grand" piano features a classical, elegant design scaled small for toddlers, perfect as a functional toy and a centerpiece for play areas!
- MATCHING STOOL & MUSIC HOLDER: This set comes complete with a matching hardwood stool for children to sit on as well as a gorgeous musical note holder
- EARLY MUSICAL INTEREST: Foster a love of music and stimulate artistic development early on-kids will love to play on the functional keys, perfect for practicing creative thinking
- RECOMMENDED FOR AGES: 1-5 years; PIANO DIMENSIONS: 17"(L) x 20"(W) x 20"(H)
Lastly, we have the Best Choice Mini Grand Piano as your choice to be the potential best toddler grand piano for your kid. Unleash the little superstar within your kid as he/ she learns the basics with this miniature grand piano having 30 keys. Its glossy and hardwood body will make your kid feel like he’s/she’s playing the real thing. This elegant looking mini piano has the right size that would fit perfectly in your child’s room with 17” x 20” x 20” as its dimensions.
Complete with a matching stool and music holder, your toddler will have an awesome and comfortable time playing this mini grand piano. Develop your kid’s potential by introducing music time as their play time or pastime. The Best Choice Mini Grand Piano is both easy to use and assemble and will surely make your toddlers love music in no time.
- Size is perfect on any room
- Sounds nice
- Might be of low quality
The best toddler grand piano that ticks all the right boxes is the one from Melissa & Doug. It’s their very own Learn-To-Play Classic Grand Piano. Featuring 30 keys with an overall size that’s perfect for every toddler, this grand piano will make learning fun and exciting. Built to your toddler’s safety and fun-learning, the Learn-To-Play Classic Grand Piano is a must have!