For professional guitarists and musicians, it’s very important to add more color to your performances using effects pedals. However, these come in different kinds depending on your preferences.
There are tons of effects pedals out there, and setting them one by one during concerts and gigs is a kinda hassle. That’s where the guitar pedalboard comes into the picture.
Getting a pedalboard for your stompboxes is the wisest thing to do. It’ll make your setup quicker, tidier and most importantly, provides protection for all your gears.
It’s properly wired, hence, lessens technical issues and may provide enhanced sound quality. So, we list the ten best pedalboards you can choose from — depending on your needs and preferences.
10 Best Guitar Pedalboards 2022
- SKB 8-port Powered Pedalboard
- BEHRINGER PB600
- Mooer Firefly M6 Flight Case
- Gator Cases GPB BAK Aluminum
- Diago Showman PB03 Heavy Duty Hard Case
- Boss BCB-60 Deluxe Pedal Board and Case
- CNB PDC 410 E BK Pedal Case
- Holeyboard New Std. Guitar Effects Pedalboard
- Boss BCB-60 Deluxe Pedal Board and Case
- Gator Cases G-TOUR Series Guitar Pedalboard-LGW
SKB 8-port Powered Pedalboard is a lightweight and heavy-duty pedalboard that comes with an injection model from eco-friendly rubber-modified styrene interior.
In addition, it has a large 9 x 12 hook and loop surface to secure up to eight pedals. This means everything you placed on the pedalboard will be safely and securely in position even with rigorous performance.
It has eight built-in 9VDC output jacks with an external transformer that is rated at 500mA total current. Upon purchase, you’ll have a ballistic nylon carry bag with zipper pocket outside for cables and accessories.
And, since the carrying bag comes with an adjustable shoulder strap, it’s very easy to transport this pedalboard to anywhere your performance may be.
- Simple and very easy to set up
- Lighter and more portable
- Not on the pedalboard
- Has a poor quality case
- Some complained about the Velcro not holding pedals in place
- Power supply emits a noise
- Especially on the high-gain channel
Designed and engineered in Germany, the Behringer PB600 is a pedalboard you can rely on your next performance. It’s compact and lightweight, allowing you to use up to six effects pedals with patch cables wherever your gig is.
With its 1.7A power adapter, you’ll be able to use more than 12 devices, which includes six daisy-chain cabling.
You can’t go wrong with its high-quality component and ultra-rigid plastic construction. It has ¼-inch patch cables that allow you to connect pedals to each other for quick passing of signal.
In addition, it has ¼-inch input for guitar or keyboard, two ¼-inch FROM EFFECTS jacks for stereo effects, and ¼-inch OUTPUT to AMP jacks to connect to up to two amps.
- Good power source and very easy to set up
- Affordable and gives the best value for money
- Pedals sizes you can fit here are limited
- Not ideal if you use it for gigs
- You need a lot of muscles for this
Good for six pedals onboard, the Mooer Firefly M6 Flight Case is just the perfect setup for beginners who don’t need much effects pedals yet. It’s made with aluminum and has foam padding. Since the case has a built-in pedalboard, carrying around your gears is very convenient.
It also includes pre-installed power outlet strips with six 9V DC out and a 9V DC in. For optimal performance, you can use Mooer Micro-Series effects and connect it with the Mooer Z-connectors. After all, the pedalboard is primarily designed for Mooer effects pedals.
- Excellent pedalboard for micro pedals
- Looks great
- Especially on stage
- Can only hold up to six pedals
- Not good for those who need more
- Construction is not quite rugged
Gator Cases is known for its innovative products and one of them is the Gator Cases GPB BAK Aluminum. It’s made of lightweight aluminum with 23.75 X 10.66 inches of usable space. It has a universal mounting bracket to allow you to mount any of the common power supplies under the board.
Designed with a little angle to easily access the pedals and cable routing perforations, setting up the pedalboard is quick and easy. It comes with adjustable rubber feet and a nylon polyethylene carry bag for easy transport.
You’ll be able to enjoy jamming with additional effects pedals you can add to this pedalboard.
- Well-built like most Gator gears
- Smart design with just perfect number of holes
- Shapes and sizes
- Angled deck is perfect with enough space to coil excess wires below
- Although made of aluminum
- Need to add Velcro for the power supply to stay in the bracket
- For bigger pedals
- The Velcro is just smaller
Made with ½-inch eastern plywood and durable black poly-weave cloth, Diago Showman PB03 Heavy Duty Hard Case can take on up to 20 pedals. It’s ruggedly built and designed to easily organize and protect all your effects pedals even when transporting.
Very roadworthy since it comes with a heavy-duty case for ease of transport from home, gigs, rehearsals, studio recordings, etc.
Set up is as quick as the tear-down. The terminals/ports are very straightforward, you can easily undo the catches, remove the lid, plug in the peripherals including the amp, guitar and power supply. As easy as that and you’re ready to roll.
- Larger pedalboard for those who have a lot of effects pedals
- Built is quite sturdy and solid
- Very simple
- Can accommodate up to 20 different pedals
- The case
- Specifically the handle is not reliable and may easily break
- Poor quality control
- Some buyers complained about receiving defective items
It’s reassuring to have a great and reliable pedalboard like the Boss BCB-60 Deluxe Pedal Board and Case. It’s durable, yet lightweight for easy transport, especially with pedals and effects. Interior is padded in order to fit anything from compact pedals to twin pedal, whichever you prefer.
As for the exterior, you can trust its rugged construction using a molded resin that is known to withstand heavy impact, especially when you truck it anywhere your gig may be. Onboard is an AC adapter which can power up to seven devices, including all cabling necessary.
- Give room to up to seven effects pedals
- Cables are secured under the rail with screws
- Has eight patch cables to link your effects
- Not ideal for traveling because fittings are weaker
- Space is very limited
- Specially if there’s a clutter of wiring
- Placement is really strong
- But hard to move and make changes to pedal arrangement
Designed for easy transport and protection of your music equipment, the CNB PDC 410 E BK Pedal Case is made lightweight and made with durable plywood.
Its edges have aluminum reinforcement to prevent denting, but the interior is soft that gives extra cushioning to your pedals and other accessories. For additional protection, the case has steel locking latches with two keys.
Double stick tape will hold the pedal in place — Velcro to the pedalboard and the sticky tape to your pedals. This means, your pedals are firmly secured to the pedalboard. For its size and its weight, it’s a great pedalboard you can carry around so easily.
- Has double locks for more security
- Has the right size with great effects and features onboard
- Portable and has plenty of space inside for pedals and more
- Padding isn’t enough to protect the pedalboard
- Need more Velcro attachment inside to hold everything in place
Easy to use, easy to carry, and easy to set up pedalboard — Holeyboard New Std. Guitar Effects Pedalboard. The pride of Minneapolis, this pedalboard is the simplest you can get which only uses cable ties for quick and tight fastening of the pedals.
The Topdeck of this gear can be moved to the left or to the right, so you can position your wah or volume pedal to the side you prefer. Under the top deck is the space where you can mount the power supplies easily.
Can accommodate around 8-14 pedals, which is very convenient if you’re using this much pedals for practice or for concert and gigs.
- Comes with an awesome design
- Thin and lightweight
- Very easy to set up
- Can easily access all pedals
- Zip tie attachments are better than Velcro
- Some users need more holes on the pedalboard
- Doesn’t come with a case
- If you bring it along in your gigs
A lightweight pedalboard, Boss BCB-60 Deluxe Pedal Board with case allows you to play your heart’s desire anytime and anywhere. With onboard compact pedals and effects, surely, you’ll be able to track it anywhere.
In addition, it has a versatile design with a padded interior that allows you to use both compact and twin pedals unlike other pedalboards in this price range.
The exterior is tough enough — made of molded resin — to withstand powerful impact. It has an AC adapter onboard that is capable of powering up to seven devices and includes all cabling necessary.
Included in your purchase are the PSC-series AC adaptor, spare insert, pre-cut insert, 8-pin parallel DC chord, three L-L long cables, five L-L short cables, and the manual.
- Pretty solid and has rugged construction
- Hinges detached so you can use it with ease
- Everything is secured and in place with thumbscrews
- Might take some time to set up
- Some say it’s a bit expensive for what it offers
- Power supply is not isolated
Choose a pedalboard that is designed to protect with the Gator Cases G-TOUR Series Guitar Pedalboard-LGW.
It comes with a 24 x 11 inches usable internal surface which provides ultimate protection to guitar effects pedals like Digitech, Behringer, Electro-Harmonix and so much more. Its interior is protected with the pro-grade shock-absorbing EVA foam.
Made with plywood fabricated with an aluminum valance exterior, you know that this is a durable gear. And, since it has a retractable tow handle and in-line wheels, transporting this pedalboard has never been this easy.
Finally, it features heavy-duty spring-loaded rubber grip handles with recessed butterfly latches and 3M dual lock fastener for the pedal installation.
- Well-designed and the ultimate pedalboard solution
- Has heavy-duty hardware
- HIgh-quality construction
- Has enough space underneath for power supplies
- Cables, etc.
- No slots or holes for cables
- The whole case is very heavy
- Though it comes with wheels
How to Choose a Pedalboard
Most of the pedalboards are not quite expensive. So, let’s skip the budget and jump directly into the aspects you need to be looking into when you are buying a pedalboard.
Number of Pedals
Depending on your fondness and how you find effects pedals to be of use in your performance, you choose how many. Perhaps, you can start with two– overdrive or distortion and delay or reverb.
It’s your call! From the list above, one pedalboard can accommodate up to 20 effects pedal.
This is a consideration whether you’re buying a pedalboard or custom-built one. Some pedals operate at nine volts, yet others require 12, 16, 18 or 24 volts as discussed by Guitar World.
So, before buying, consider the power requirement of your effects pedals and choose a pedalboard with enough power to supply all your gears onboard.
It’s very important to use right-angle plugs as they are more compact than straight plugs. Ensure that your pedalboard has minimum clutter when it comes to the cables.
Velcro, Screw or Zip tie
These are just among the types of lock that pedalboards out there offer. Depending on how you stomp your pedals, you need just the right lock for your effects pedals.
Screws are a bit harder to set up, Zip tie is easier, but might be difficult to unmount pedals, while Velcro is the most common that gives you the quickest set up time.
Since money may not be a problem here, because everyone, especially serious musicians should make investments on their equipment. However, one difficulty should be the arrangement of your pedals and what are the necessary pedals you really need.
This YouTube video will give you a bit background and some tips on how to place your effects pedals on the pedalboard.
Also Read: 10 Reasons Why You Should Have a PedalBoard
We’re also torn between two great guitar pedalboards — Boss BCB-60 Deluxe Pedal Board and Holeyboard New Std. Guitar Effects Pedalboard. They have the same price and have great features on their own. But, if you need more effects pedals to go along with your guitar, have the latter.
Oh, wait. Perhaps the 14 pedals offered by Holeyboard New Std. Guitar Effects Pedalboard isn’t enough for you. So, what about the Diago Showman PB03 Heavy Duty Hard Case that can accommodate up to 20 effects pedals? But, enough for the number of pedals, these pedalboards are more than capable.
Overall, the Holeyboard New Std. Guitar Effects Pedalboard is the best for gigs and stage performance, It will wow you not just with construction, but its capability as well. So, choose what we choose so you won’t have any regret!