EDITOR’S CHOICE: One of the best electronic keyboards of 2018 goes to the Casio WK245, which is perfect for beginners because of lightweight touch-response keys and other host of features available. With its simulative specs, the high-tech display, and the complete set, it’s worth the investment that anyone will enjoy.
Are you on the lookout for the best electronic keyboards of 2018?
It might be difficult looking for the ideal one for you since there are a lot of brand and models to choose from!
Well, to help you out, we rounded up the five best ones to invest in today.
7 Best Electronic Keyboards for Beginners 2019 (Starter’s Guide)
Based on our research, here are the best electric keyboards of 2018:
THE COMPACT AND SIMPLE, OVERALL BEST
- 76 Piano-style touch-response keys
- 48 note polyphony, 600 Tones
- 180 Rhythms
- 32 Registration memory
- 152 Songs
For those looking for something simple yet with the many necessary functions to choose from, then the Casio WK245 is one of the best digital pianos in 2018 to invest in. You’ll like that it comes with hundreds of tones, rhythms, and songs to choose from. For its price, it’s quite an investment.
- Many tones and rhythms to choose from
- Touch sensitive with good sounds
- Compact and lightweight
- The keys are a bit noisy
- No MAC support available
THE FUNCTION-PACKED AND HIGH-TECH
- 61-Key simulation piano keys keyboard with lighting function. Highly simulative piano keys keyboard: specially designed keys of traditional piano-key shape
- Includes 255 timbres, 255 rhythms and 50 demonstration songs. Produces quality sounds and effects. Provides players with colorful and fantastic playing experience
- High-tech LCD display. Sensitive shows functions chosen, or twinkling marks to guide learners to hit the right keys.Perfect for beginners
- Multiple PATTERNS&FUNCTIONS. Transpose/ sync/ fill-in/ metronome/ single Chord/fingered chord/Chord timbre/ chord off/ rhythm programming function/record &playback/sustain/MP3 player function
- Complete set with everything needed. This pack contains high-quality music stand, headphone, keyboard stand, music Stool, DC 12V/AC adaptor. Everything needed for keyboard performance is well provided
What makes the Joy KL-91M piano keyboard one of the best electronic keyboards 2018 is its lighting function and multiple functions. Not only is it easier to learn with its simulative piano keys but you also have the hundreds of rhythms, timbres, and demo songs to play. And with its complete set, it’s worth the price!
- Ideal starter piano keyboard with simulative keys
- Easy to set up
- Complete with bench and stand
- Doesn’t come with a power adapter
- Some static noise at times
THE COMPLETE BUNDLE
- 61 piano-type keys
- 400 built-in tones
- 100 auto-accompaniment rhythms.Use effects to add reverb for more depth and breadth in your music.
- Dance music Mode with 50 built-in rhythms
- Includes keyboard, stand, headphones, and power supply.One Touch Preset:100
Another one of the best electronic keyboards 2018 goes to the Casio CTK-3500, thanks to its hundreds of built-in tones and the complete package. It even comes with a dance music mode for you and your family to enjoy! With its practical features, even kids will enjoy learning with the piano.
- Easy to use and understand
- Has a dance mode for children to enjoy
- The complete package at an affordable price
- It isn’t MIDI compatible
- The music stand is a bit flimsy
THE BEGINNER-FRIENDLY AND EASY TO USE
- The RockJam 761 keyboard piano superkit Includes a digital keyboard with 61 full size keys giving you that traditional piano feel whilst maintaining a portable and compact design that can be powered by either mains (power supply included) or batteries
- This RockJam 761 keyboard piano features a touch display panel that both displays feedback and engages the 200 rhythms, 200 tones, a teaching function and 30 demo songs that are Part of its functionality
- The RockJam 761 keyboard piano has record and playback functionality allowing you to build layers to your sound and the midi output integrates with your digital audio workstation like Ableton and logic via a single cable
- This keyboard piano superkit package includes a keyboard stand that is sturdy in design and can be adjusted to suit keyboard piano players both young and old
- This keyboard piano superkit contains padded seat that is easily folded and has a thick padded seat for hours of comfortable play
Another one of the best electronic keyboards 2018 goes to the RockJam RJ761-SK Piano Keyboard, which is compact and lightweight, easy to move around may it be at home or in your studio. I also appreciate that there is an app where you can learn how to hone your skills as a pianist.
- Comes with a sustain pedal
- Compact and easy to move around
- Great value with quality sound
- App for music and teaching isn’t free
- Keys feel a bit toy-like
THE PREMIUM KEYBOARD, GREAT FOR BEGINNERS
- Premium keyboard pack comes with Samson HP30 closed-cup headphones, keyboard stand, and power supply
- Sound EFX Sampler
- 400 tones
- 150 rhythms
- 110 built-in songs
When you want something with the premium features, then the Casio LK-175 is one of the best electronic keyboards 2018 for you. With many tones, rhythms, and over a hundred built-in sounds to choose from, you have all the variety you need to enjoy learning and honing your skills!
- The complete package at a great value
- It has a learning software for beginners
- Good speaker quality
- It’s not the most durable piano keyboard
- The interface is a bit difficult to understand at first
THE BASIC AND ALMOST-AUTHENTIC
- Standard piano keys keyboard with MP3 player function. Perfect standard 61-key keyboard for beginners. Unique music player function-mp3p (USB disk not included)
- Includes 255 timbres, 255rhythms and 50 demonstration songs. Produces high quality sounds and effects. Provides players with colorful and fantastic playing experience
- High-quality LED display. Multifunctional LED screen. Sensitive reflects functions/effects chosen or guides correct notes to press in demo songs. Helps players better learn and control
- Multiple PATTERNS&FUNCTIONS. Keyboard percussion, master volume/ accom volume/ tempo control, single finger/ fingered chord, start/ stop/ sync/ fill-in etc
- Complete set with everything needed. This pack contains music stand, headphone, keyboard stand, music Stool, DC 9V/AC adaptor. Everything needed for keyboard performance is well provided
I believe that the Joy JK-63M-KIT is one of the best electronic keyboards 2018 thanks to its affordable price and kit package! It has the standard keys and good speaker quality for its price, as well as the headphones, stand, and a stool to begin using immediately. All in all, best for those on a budget!
- Has everything you need
- Multiple patterns and functions for beginners
- Easy to understand interface
- The seat is flimsy
- Keys aren’t weighted
THE AFFORDABLE AND PRACTICE-WORTHY
- Electronic keyboard with 61 full sized keys and LED display screen with lots of sounds and features.
- Set includes an adjustable stand made of heavy duty steel construction and a music note rest.
- Features 3 teaching mode, 60 demos, 300 rhythms, 300 timbres and full record and playback options.
- Connects to microphone, headphone, and power line also has a USB port.
- Powered with plugin adapter (included) or 6 D sized batteries (not included).
The last but not the least of our list of best electronic keyboards 2018, we have the Click N’ Play GreenPro Piano Keyboard. This is the suitable piano for those who need something compact and portable, as it comes with the adjustable stand and lightweight body with its quality sounds.
- Has teaching modes for beginners
- LED display screen for easy settings
- Compact and lightweight body
- Volume is very loud when turned on
- Some notes aren’t accurate
How to Choose the Best Electronic Keyboard for You
There are quite a few important factors to consider when choosing the best electronic keyboards 2018, such as:
I recommend that you get an electronic keyboard that comes with at least 61 keys and the weighted key mechanism to provide the authentic piano playing experience. There should also be at least one sustain pedal!
Variety of Sounds
A keyboard should have the sound quality and variety to choose from, with different tones and rhythms you can enjoy to make your practice interesting the entire time. Plus, it helps when creating music!
Learning Aids for Beginners
If you’re a beginner, then it’s best to have a keyboard that comes with learning aids such as onboard lessons and the MIDI connectivity to track your progress. Lighted keyboards are also very helpful!
Check out the piano to see if it has all the accessories you need. This will avoid the hassle of overspending or purchasing items separately, like the bench or stand.
Wrapping It Up
If you want to hone your skills in the piano but don’t have enough budget or space, then a quality electronic keyboard will do wonders. Not only are they compact enough to bring around but have the multiple functions beginners will appreciate!
Hopefully, this purchasing guide on the best electronic keyboards 2018 gave you an idea on what you should begin purchasing. So don’t wait any longer and check out these reviews now!
If you have any questions or want to share your experiences and reviews, then comment below. Your input is much appreciated.