Today’s deals on our top pick
Not all expensive DJ headphones guarantee a great bass response and clarity with noise isolation. There are, however, a few DJ headphones under $100 this 2020 that offers a lot more than you paid for. Hence, our research team is making an effort to look for these DJ headphones that deliver more than they promised.
Packed with everything you need to make great recordings, whether you’re using a laptop, tablet or your smartphone, these headphones is just what you need.
Each is designed for greatness and longevity – ready to take on DJ’s increasing demand daily. Not only that, you’ll be surprised at how excellent they are even without spending your hard-earned money.
See them for yourself and you’ll surely feel you’re glad you did!
10 Best DJ Headphones Under $100 (Reviewed)
- Dynamic, closed ear headphones.Weight w/o cable: 285 gram Ear coupling is circumaural
- Lightweight and comfortable, ergonomic design, Cord Length 3.3 9.8 feet Coiled
A pair of dynamic, closed-ear headphones, the Sennheiser HD280PRO Headphone deliver accurate linear sound reproduction. Lightweight, collapsible and comfortable, it has an ergonomic and around-the-ear design that has padded ear cups.
Rotating ear cups are made of synthetic leatherette and the headband is padded to provide more comfort when using.
It has up to 32dB attenuation of the outside sound and optimum impedance ensuring universal compatibility whether used at home or in the studio.
Extended frequency response to give warm and natural sound production. The cord, headband padding, and ear pads are replaceable, ensuring the headphones to last longer.
- Treble is not harsh
- Great for extended use
- Isolation is terrific and even signal is perfect
- Extremely comfortable with great sound quality
- Initially very tight and uncomfortable to wear
- Sometimes high notes are muted
- Cutting edge engineering and robust construction
- 40 millimeter drivers with rare earth magnets and copper clad aluminum wire voice coils
Experience Audio-Technica quality at an affordable price with its Audio-Technica ATH-M40x. Designed and engineered using cutting-edge technology and constructed with 40mm drivers, you can appreciate the beauty of DJing.
It comes with a circumaural design of the ear pads to give excellent sound isolation, perfect for club nights and parties.
It’s tuned flat to accurate sound monitoring throughout the whole frequency range. Both the headband and the earpad are made with professional-grade materials, so it’s durable and comfortable. Space-saving with collapsible design and portable with detachable cable.
- Tuned flat so you can hear all sound
- Can really get louder with optimum isolation
- More ear cup paddings and great headband adjustments
- Very floppy and may be hard to control
- Since it’s studio headphones
- The clamping force can be strong
- Some users might find ear cups to be quite large
- Grado's award winning headphone - open back design offer a larger sound stage with greater detail and clarity
- "The Grado SR80e's are special, buy them and love them" - What HiFi
If you want super sound quality headphones, then, you are looking for the Grado SR80e Prestige Series Headphones. It comes with large ear cushions for more comfortable listening even for an extended period of time.
Headband is made with soft vinyl and adjustable to easily fit the users’ preferred way of using it.
An open-back headphone giving you the feeling of space also provides a great bass response for a more detailed sound. It has a standard copper voice coil wire, four connecting cables, ¼-inch mini stereo adaptor, vented diaphragm and more.
Moreover, from the reviews this product received from users, surely, it’s a great grab that gives your money more value.
- Fuller sound with incredible depth
- Bass response is very solid
- Not boomy
- Ear cushions are very comfortable even for longer use
- Open back
- So no isolation and noise can be heard
- Build quality is poor
- Cables tend to get twisted
- Not rigid
- Neodymium magnets and 40 millimeter drivers for powerful, detailed sound
- Closed ear design provides comfort and outstanding reduction of external noises
Sony MDR7506 Professional is a large diaphragm, foldable DJ headphones with a closed-ear design that provides an outstanding reduction of external noises.
With its high-quality output, surely, it’s perfect for DJs to be used in recording stations, film production, video, and virtually any application. It has rugged construction with a folding design which is a reliable headphone wherever you go.
It has 40mm drivers with gold connectors and oxygen-free copper cord. It has a frequency range of 10Hz – 20kHz to give you clear and high-quality sound reproduction. It comes with ¼-inch and 1/8-inch connectors, so you get a reliable signal connection when you’re connecting to other music equipment.
- Excellent studio-quality headphones
- Balanced lows
- Mids and highs
- Long gold connections with ¼-inch adaptor
- Mediocre noise isolation
- Still hear some noise
- Faux leather pads need to be replaced over time
- Maybe uncomfortable with long use
- Especially with glasses
- For The Modern DJ Professional DJ headphones with sleek looks, ultra robust build and swivel design for monitoring house & cue audio simultaneously the ideal accompaniment to your DJ decks
- Connectivity Covered Gold plated 1/8 Inch adapter included for connection to smartphones, tablets, MP3 players and more
Primarily designed for mixing and DJing, Numark Red Wave Carbon is yet another reliable DJ headphones to put your trust in. It has full-range frequency response with a large 50mm neodymium -powered drivers compared to 40mm drivers of the common DJ headphones.
This means you get to have a potent bass response, making music fuller and livelier.
The headphones have swivel design and breathable protein-leather padding which give DJs flexibility and comfort even for extended use.
High-temperature/high-power voice coils give dynamic, realistic overall effects coupled with detailed and accurate sound output. It comes with detachable cable with 1/8-inch adapter, so you can use it with nearly all other music gears.
- Great sound quality
- Bass and highs are good
- Very comfortable with its swivel design
- Durable and compact
- Connecting wires may affect sound quality over time
- It’s bigger than expected
- As some users complained
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Neodymium magnets and 40mm drivers for powerful, detailed sound
Wired DJ headphones like Sony MDRV6 Studio Monitor Headphones are great in monitoring recordings and playing high-fidelity sounds. These particular DJ headphones have neodymium magnets with 40mm drivers delivers powerful and very detailed sound output.
It has an over-ear design that provides utmost comfort and excellent reduction of external noises.
Made with the copper-clad aluminum voice coil, this headphone has improved power handling and the oxygen-free copper Litz cord provides maximum conductivity.
Has wide, padded headband with folding and rugged design for storage and very easy to carry around. It’s worth noting that the 40mm drivers deliver great sounds through its wide frequency response from 5Hz to 30kHz.
- Sound fantastic
- Better than expensive headphones
- Pretty rugged
- Lightweight and comfortable to use
- Ear sweat will be stuck in the ear pads
- Cable is not durable
- Especially the coated internal wiring
- Mids leak at some point
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Frequency Response - 10-20,000 Hz and Impedance - 16 ohms
Want a clearer and cleaner sound? Koss Pro-4AA Studio Quality Headphones got your back whether you’re a pro or an audiophile. It’s noise-isolating studio headphones with a dynamic response that helps you achieve full-frequency, high -fidelity performance.
Made of durable steel along with padded headband, this has a standard-setting design with excellent technology onboard.
Seen in studios and parties, Pro-4AA is reliable enough to take on rigorous demands in DJing. It’s capable of eliminating unwanted sounds while giving you the best sound quality.
Hence, in summary, you’ll get a headphone with superior isolation, accurate music reproduction and excellent sound quality, perfect for live performance at a fairly reasonable price.
- More balanced and bass-boosted headphones
- Can greatly cancel outside noise and unwanted sounds
- Heavy and may not stow nicely
- Seals off a lo
- Expect sweat for extended use
- Over ear, Noise isolating Headphones. Connectivity Technology: Wired
- 30mm Neodymium Driver. 110 dB/mW – Power off, 115 dB/mW – Power on
Who doesn’t want noise canceling headphones, which are offered in less than $100? We bet, everyone does want something that’s cheap, yet reliable like the Sony MDRZX110NC Noise Cancelling Headphones. It’s an over-ear headphone with 12Hz-22kHz frequency response to get pristine bass, mids, and treble.
These headphones are lightweight with reduced ambient noise up to 95%, so you can hear more about music and very minimal outside noise. It can take on up to 80 hours with its long-life battery.
So, wherever you go, especially with low-frequency setting, ideally it’ll cancel all those unnecessary noises. Unfortunately, you can still observe seldom signal disturbances at higher frequencies.
- Professional studio headphones
A semi-open air designed DJ headphones for pro-level performance, AKG K240STUDIO Semi-Open Over-Ear is the one that you need for home and studio DJing.
It’s newer and has lower impedance, a 55-ohm version that is perfect for providing higher volume levels when used with other music equipment like drum machines, keyboards, and portable gears.
Designed with around-the-ear pads and self-adjusting headband that gives a perfect fit and comfort even with hours of using.
Featuring a highly accurate dynamic transducer for natural sound quality, it has a frequency response from 15Hz to 25kHz. It has a 1/8-inch minijack and ¼-inch stereo connections with 3-meter replaceable plug-in cable.
Moreover, it comes with steel-cable and single-sided pro quality audio interconnect that ensures reliability even for the high demands in studio applications.
- The semi-open configuration gives beautiful mids and highs
- Very light and soft leather cushions
- Allows extended use with utmost comfort
- So expect sound leakage from the background
- Cord might not be quite reliable and durable
- Prone to tangles since the cord is longer than standard length
- Very clean, deep bass response,Jack plug 3.5/6.3 mm stereo
- Detachable ear cups for pro users
Ideal for DJs playing from mobile or mini hi-fi systems, the Sennheiser HD 202 II Professional Headphones is a great grab for its very affordable price.
With the closed, supra-aural and dynamic design, you can easily and comfortably listen to modern, powerful music without others hearing anything from your headphones. It has good insulation, deep bass response and high-efficiency drivers for more efficient performance.
The headphone has powerful neodymium magnets, lightweight turbine diaphragm for extremely low bass response. Earcups can be removed from the headband, which is perfect for pro users.
With the ultralightweight and rugged outdoor design, you can use these headphones anywhere – home, street gigs and club nights, among others.
- Comfortable and the clamping pressure is just fine
- Sounds good and perfectly isolate noise from your music
- Bass-boosted and surprisingly clean for its price
- Not recommendable especially for those who are wearing glasses
- Cords are thin
- May easily break near the ear cups
- Plastic coating on the earcup peel off
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST DJ HEADPHONES UNDER $100 2020
There are a lot of reasons why you are choosing a specific DJ headphone over the other. However, the most common considerations that you should look into aside from budget and preferences are the following:
This is very important, especially when you are monitoring your sound production. While accuracy might not be critical, you got to achieve enhanced lows and crisp highs. Turntable Lab provides you the following information for great DJ headphones:
- Frequency range – 20Hz to 20kHz
- Drivers should be 40mm and higher
- Impedance with 25ohm and more
You’ll not just playing or mixing for minutes. If you’re going to host for parties and clubs, and it extends for hours. So, it’s important to check the headband padding, ear pads cushions and adjustability. Moreover, you’re also going to check whether the ear cups feel hot over time or cause your ears to sweat.
Earpad and headband design
Let’s take a closer look into these two that may affect your comfort when using headphones. Ensure that the earpads are padded and mounted on a swiveling or rotating arms. This will allow you for single-sided monitoring of your music, as what most DJs do.
On the other hand, the headband should be easily adjustable to fit different head sizes. In addition, it should have enough side pressure to keep the ear cup in place when you’re doing some DJing.
More importantly, it should be padded as well and if you wear it around your neck, it’ll also be very comfortable without heat, sweat, and agitation.
While there may be advantages of semi-open headphones, but for DJs, it’s recommended to use the closed-back design. Closed-designed allows isolation of ambient noise, which will help you focus on your music.
In addition, open-back cups may tempt you to crank up the volume, which might be damaging to your ears, explained DHA.
Practicality-wise, this YouTube video gives you more tips on how to choose the best DJ headphones. It’s discussing DJ behavior and what DJs really do so that you can decide on the best headphones. In addition, it gives a real-life scenario and examples for you to understand these tips better.
What is the best DJ headphone under $100?
We end up being confused which to pick from three best DJ headphones under $100 from the list. Among our best bets are the Audio-Technica ATH-M40x, Numark Red Wave Carbon and the cheapest Sennheiser HD 202 II Professional Headphones.
But, if you are short on budget, the latter is the best buy, yet you won’t be disappointed given its very low price.
If you’re looking for the best DJ headphone under $100 that gives the best value for your money, go for Sennheiser HD280PRO Headphone. It’s lightweight, comfortable, and ultimately has excellent sound quality. It’s also flexible and compact, which is perfect for budget-seekers.