OUR #1 RATED BEST CONDENSER MIC UNDER $100
If you’re here searching for an affordable entry-level condenser mic, it may be safe to assume that you are new to the world of home studio recording. And if so, don’t worry – you’ve come to the right place.
Setting up your first recording studio is exciting, but it can also be very stressful for those who are clueless about recording gear. Also, those who are just starting out with their studios often don’t have enough confidence to invest big money on tools and gadgets.
Take the condenser mic, for example. It’s crucial to have a good mic to produce a high-quality recording. But with a humble budget and limited knowledge about them, how does one begin the selection process? Lucky for you, we’ve got a list of the 10 best condenser mics under $100. Read on to find out which mics made the cut.
10 Best Condenser Mics Under $100 in 2020
- The #1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source - The NPD Group, Inc, US Retail Tracking Service, Keyboards, Mice, PC Headset, PC Microphone, Gaming Designed, Based on dollar sales, Jan 2017- Mar 2020 combined
- Built-In Background Noise Reduction: Utilizes a supercardiod pickup microphone to eliminate distracting noises further away from the microphone for professional-grade stream audio
Did you know that the Razer Seiren X was designed by top Twitch streamers? Although this condenser mic was built with the Twitch streamer in mind, that does not mean it is exclusive to streaming functions alone.
The Razer Seiren X has an irresistible list of mic qualities. It has all the right components and is made with the best quality possible. Besides, you’d know if a mic is well-made when it yields super accurate results for speech recognition like the Razer Seiren X. In my opinion, it is worth more than just a measly $100!
- Comes in a compact and modern design
- Looks great on the workstation
- Allows USB connectivity making it compatible with a variety of devices
- Super sensitive to sound
- Produces loud and bright sound
- Great for detailed recording
- Noise reduction needs improvement
- Picks up unwanted sounds
- The quality of the USB cable can be better
- The price/performance standard in side address studio condenser microphone technology
- Ideal for project/home studio applications; The noise level is 20 db spl
If you’re looking for a condenser mic that is smart and can reduce noise like a pro-level mic, then the Audio-Technica AT2020 is the option for you. With a custom-engineered diaphragm and other high-quality components, the AT2020 promises a superior recording experience.
While it can pick up sound really well, it’s smart enough to segregate the sound you want from background noise especially in a controlled environment.
Personally, I think that this is one of the best condenser mics when it comes to sound reduction. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a clean and polished recording.
- Well-made and super sturdy
- Comes in a simple and sleek design
- Enhanced isolation capabilities for desired sound source
- Comes with a durable pivoting threaded stand mount
- Adapter and protective pouch
- Does not work well on the low ends and for mixing purposes
- Does not work with a USB cable
- Requires phantom power and XLR cables
- Perfect addition to any home or project studio
- FET preamp with beautifully balanced sound
Looking for a condenser mic that is as stylish as you are? If so, you will love the vintage design and the fitting champagne finish on the MXL 990. This condenser microphone has both the looks and the capabilities of being one of the best entry-level condenser mics in the market today.
It is sensitive to sound, picks up all the necessary details, and it produces a loud and rich sound – basically everything you need from a condenser mic.
Personally, what I like most about the MXL 990 is its versatiity. No matter if you’re working with instruments or if you’re creating a podcast, this mic delivers great results.
- Produces high-quality sound
- Gives a lot of value for your money
- Comes in a unique vintage design
- Sleek and beautiful
- Not as durable as the others on this list
- The quality of components look cheap and flimsy
- Professional, large-diaphragm condenser microphone for unsurpassed audio quality
- Ideal as main and support microphone for studio and live applications
Not a lot of condenser mics work well for live applications, but the Behringer C-1 is one of the very few that could do the job very well. With its top-quality components and strong build, it’s hard to believe that this condenser mic comes at a super affordable price.
The Behringer C-1 also works great with both vocals and instruments, making it one of the best all-around condenser mics available today. Personally, I would recommend this to musicians who are new to audio interfaces and studio recording.
- Perfect for live applications
- Works well with vocals and instruments
- Has great EQ response
- Hi’s, and lo’s; allows smooth recording
- Picks up a lot of self-noise compared to other options on the list
- The durability of the item needs more improvement
- Multi-purpose condenser microphone
- Excellent for vocals, pianos, stringed instruments, and percussion
MXL mics are quite a popular brand in the recording industry. They are a smaller division of another big brand, Marshall Electronics. MXL Mics has been around for quite a while, creating mics, cables, and pro-quality A/V accessories. That said, the MXL 770 is one of their best condenser mics.
What I love most about this condenser mic is the fact that it is crisp and clear – not a lot of entry-level condenser mics can produce a sound that well.
- Easy to use
- A great condenser microphone for both beginners and experienced users
- Produces loud and clear sound
- Sensitive and versatile
- Comes with a hard case for protection
- The quality of the shock mount needs a bit of improvement
- Captures unwanted background noise
- Buzzing can be heard
- Air gets in the diaphragm causing moisture unwanted wind sounds
- Large (25mm) diaphragm condenser for rich audio recording
- Cardioid pickup pattern
The Samson Meteor Mic sports an unusual design that looks as if it is out of this world. But I think it’s quite fitting, especially since this mic also has matching out of this world features and capabilities – and I mean that in a good way.
The Samson Meteor wears a durable zinc body. Encased in that body is a large-diaphragm condenser capsule which provides a super smooth frequency response.
This condenser mic also allows USB connectivity. But unlike other USB mics, this one does not require a powered USB hub. With just Apple’S USB chord, you can already plug this mic in directly to your tablet!
Audio technicalities aside, what caught my eye is the trio folding legs on the Samson Meteor. Thanks to those legs, users no longer need a mic stand as long as there is a flat surface to work on.
- Made with durable materials and components
- Sports a clean and attractive design
- Allows convenient USB connectivity
- Highly portable and great for mobile work
- Produces high-quality sound at an inexpensive price
- The placement of the headphone jack is not at a good place
- The mute button makes a noise when pressed during recording
- Perfect for podcasting, game streaming, Skype calls, YouTube or music
- No-latency headphone output, headphone volume and mic mute
Apart from the Audio Technica AT2020, the Blue Yeti Nano is one of the most talked-about and highly recommended condenser mics in the YouTube community. That said, this condenser mic is perfect for the Twitch streamer or for the YouTuber. But is it any good for musicians? The simple answer is yes!
With its simple and easy to use design, you could get to recording as soon as possible. But that’s not all there is to love about the Blue Yeti – it also produces superior quality audio material. It’s sensitive enough to pick up your desired sound, but also has reliable noise reduction to truly isolate your source sound.
- Delivers crisp
- High-quality sound at a super affordable price
- Has two capsules that provide cardioid or omnidirectional polar patterns
- Features a headphone jack with low-latency monitoring
- Requires the Sherpa app to modify gain levels
- Custom condenser capsule offers crystal clear audio for Skype, Messages and FaceTime
- Record vocals, create podcasts, and add narration to your home movies
The Blue Snowball iCE is perhaps the most affordable condenser mic on this list. While most options come at $100 or a bit less, the Blue Snowball iCE comes at just half the price. But that definitely does not mean that this USB mic isn’t as good as the others.
This condenser mic is capable of delivering pro-level audio quality. In terms of usability, the Snowball iCE is quick and responsive – all you need is to plug it into your computer and you’re ready to go. However, one important thing to note is that the Snowball iCE is the toned down version of the Blue Snowball.
With just $20 more, users can enjoy the multiple pickup patterns of the Snowball as opposed to the cardioid only pattern on the iCE. But if you’re looking for a fast, straightforward recording solution, then the iCE will fit your needs just right.
- Simple and user-friendly
- No installations needed
- Just plug and play
- Produces great quality sound considering the super affordable price it comes in
- Cardioid only
- Does not come with the multiple pickup patterns of the Snowball
- PROFESSIONAL SOUND CHIPSET 192kHz/24bit: This Condenser Microphone has been designed with professional sound chipset, which let the USB microphone hold high resolution sampling rate. SAMPLING RATE: 192kHz/24bit!!! Smooth, flat frequency response of 30Hz-16kHz--Extended frequency response is excellent for singing, speech and Voice over, Performed perfectly in reproduces sound, high quality mic ensure your exquisite sound reproduces on the internet.
- PLUG and PLAY: The microphone has USB 2.0 data port which is easy to connect with your computer and Linux operation system, and no need extra driver software, and no need for an external sound card. Double shielding USB cable reduces interference. That makes it easy to sound good on a podcast, livestream, video call, or most any other kind of recording.
Want to start recording fast? The MAONO Vocal Condenser comes with practically everything you need – just plug and play and you’re ready to start recording.
The Maono A04 comes with a sound chipset that allows the mic to hold a high-resolution sampling rate. It also comes with a good cardioid polar pickup pattern, high output, and low self-noise functions.
Personally, I think that this mic is great for a variety of media whether it’s for producing music, broadcasting, or even for gaming.
- A fast and easy condenser mic bundle
- No extra gear needed
- Reliable low self-noise functions for close to perfect noise reduction
- Needs a separate gain control
- Mounting system could be better
- The Quality of Boom Arm and a couple of other components need improvement
- Professional Recording Studio Equipment: Equipped with Zingyou BM-800 microphone, Shock mount, Pop filter, Mic adjustable suspension scissor arm stand, Anti-wind foam Cap, Power cable, Sound card
- Sensitive Capture: The Zingyou BM-800 features thin material diaphragm or “capsule” which vibrates and sends a signal to the output when engaged and is hit by sound waves, it provides an extremely accurate and highly detailed representation of what’s being played
The Zingyou Condenser Microphone is a rising star among plenty of microphone options in the market today. Apart from being super affordable, it is perhaps one of the most reliable mics within its price range.
I highly recommend this condenser microphone to those that have a tight budget but would still like to get the best of what their money can afford.
This condenser mic is all about its sensitive capture features. The Zingyou mic is surprisingly accurate and detailed despite being an entry-level mic. It works great with both vocals and instruments, thanks to its wide frequency response.
Its high signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) helps in minimizing distortion during the recording process and the 3-layer protection layer also reduces unwanted pops.
- Detailed and accurate
- Sensitive and has the ability to capture sound better than most entry-level mics
- Works perfectly for both voice and instrument recordings
- Comes with useful accessories such as a shock mount
- Pop filter
- Adjustable suspension scissor arm hand for the mic
- An anti-wind foam cap and a sound card
- Overall durability needs improvement
- The quality of the accessories included is subpar
Are Condenser Mics Under $100 Worth It?
We’re all guilty of judging the quality of an item based on its price tag. This way of thinking may be justifiable many years ago when extensive labor was required to produce a high-quality item. But thankfully today, we are blessed with advanced technology that allows speedy production and consistent standards.
So to answer your question are condenser mics under $100 worth it? The answer is a resounding yes. Most entry-level condenser mics today can get the job done very well for a pocket-friendly price. So why is it we sometimes hear people say that these mics are no good?
Like any other audio gear, problems arise when the user does not know their needs and expectations. To buy the right condenser mic under $100, you must know which one is the right for you.
There are various types of condenser mics out there, all of them with specific features for specific types of recording projects. We’ve listed some of the industry’s best on this roundup. Now it’s your turn to discover which one makes a perfect match for your recording needs.
Our pick for the best condenser mic under $100 is a bit controversial. Although it’s not made for music recording purposes, the Razer Seiren X remains as our top choice.
First, it is super easy to use, versatile and is compatible with a variety of devices. It picks up sound really well for an entry-level condenser mic, and it also has functional features that make recording more convenient.
We think that its mute button is a great addition, although it is such a small yet simple change. And besides, it also sports a super attractive modern look that we just can’t resist. We know that it would look great on any work area!