OUR #1 RATED BEST BOOST PEDALS
|1||Xotic EP Booster Mini EQ Effect Pedal||111 Reviews||VIEW NOW ON AMAZON|
|2||Xotic EP Booster w/ 2 Cables||VIEW NOW ON AMAZON|
|3||Xotic EP Booster w/ Power Supply||2 Reviews||VIEW NOW ON AMAZON|
|4||Xotic EP Booster Electric Guitar Effects Pedal FREE Ernie Ball Slinky Strings||VIEW NOW ON AMAZON|
|5||Xotic RC Booster Guitar Pedal||31 Reviews||VIEW NOW ON AMAZON|
Are you shopping around for the best boost pedals? If you want to boost the signal of a low output guitar or you have long cables, then you might want to make the sound louder and keep its clarity and integrity.
For this reason, you should pick the right boost pedal that will help you rock the stage and do well in your solo performances. One also has the features and functions that can boost the signal from the source effectively.
To get started finding the right boost pedal for your needs, keep reading for a guide as well as some things to know about a boost pedal.
7 Best Boost Pedals
- Internal Switches for Bass Boost and Bright
- Discrete FET Preamp
- Up to +20db of Gain
- 9-18vdc Operation
The Xotic EP Booster is one of the best boost pedals on the market. I liked that the unit has a low impedance output. In addition, the booster is able to produce that rich sound, offering better high-end definition and sparkle.
The default setting can deliver an additional definition when used with darker sounding instruments. In addition, the bright switch it has ca n offer a full frequency transparent boost, giving us back what we supply it.
If you’re looking to customize the boost, you can easily do that in the pedal that comes with two internal DIPswitches. The model also has a bass boost, adding only the exact amount of a low end you need.
Overall, the EP is one of the best mini EQ effects pedals that is what you need for those great-sounding bass.
- Offers a low impedance output
- Can produce a shimmering boost tone for added definition
- A bit expensive
- Not the best looking boost pedals
- Booster Pedal for Electric Guitar with Added Gain Channel and Gain
- Volume Controls
One of my favorite boosters around is the Xotic RC Booster that can offer that transparent 20 dB boost, but that is not compromising the tone you created. I also liked that added fatness thanks to its added gain channel.
If you want to boost your sound and deliver a great solo performance, you might also want to check out the Xotic pedal. This model features easy to access bass and treble equalizer controls.
This model is also versatile to use for matching any response for guitars. It is also the ideal choice if you want more intensity to the guitar solos.
The booster also belongs on your pedal board if you’re looking to compensate for a long cable run.
Overall, it is a good choice if you’re looking to keep your tone and boost it for that excellent performance.
- Includes EQ controls for compensating added bass boom
- Ideal for solo performances or compensating a long cable run
- Needs purchase of optional AC adapter and 9V battery
- Fatter tones not that great
- The Pickup Booster is designed to boost your signal without altering the character of your sound, while allowing you to broaden your tone via the Resonance Switch
- The Pickup Booster is for those times you need to be just a little louder, cut through the mix with more clarity, or have to play a song with a distinctive humbucker tone on a single-coil guitar
- Designed and Assembled in Santa Barbara, CA
The pickup booster can boost the sound you create flawlessly. Without changing the character of the sound,
Without compromising the character of your sound, this boost pedal allows you to expand and shape your tone, and that’s thanks to its resonance switch.
Whether you like to cut through the mix or play with a humbucker tone on your single coil guitar, you can do it easily using this pedal.
It also offers a low noise design to get rid of unnecessary sound. It also lets you dial a tone that is specific for the situation.
- Has a low-noise circuit design
- Can be used in dialing the tone you need
- Color might be off for some users
- Might not be that effective in emphasizing the natural tone of a guitar
This Xotic AC is for you if you’re looking to get more from your pedal. You can expect to go all the way to distortion with the reliable and versatile pedal that comes with a wide gain range.
It is also impressive for its top quality components, which give it that maximum tonal integrity and pleasant sound.
The pedal can also offer just the right volume boost, allowing you to keep your original sound with clarity.
I also liked that it has an easy to access gain knob that lets us adjust the volume based on what the situation needs. It can also deliver a boost that can range from subtle to over driven.
- Designed to deliver maximum tonal integrity
- Comes with treble and bass controls for fine-tuning the sound
- A bit pricey
- Fine tuning your sound can be a bit tricky at first
- Hand made in Finland. Natural non-coloring overdrive
- Also works as a booster
- Like a Tubescremer without mid hump and low cut. More dynamic tone than TS-pedals.
This effects pedal is one of the best boost pedals on the market. It can work well even with complex overdrive sound without compromising tonal integrity and sound characteristics.
It also has a low compression but high headroom overdrive that is made even better by its high output.
One more thing I liked is that it is a stackable overdrive, allowing for more versatility. It can also match and work well with virtually all amps and pedals with much compression and complexity.
It also has a good body control for quick access to the medium middle hump at its center position. More so, it allows for a treble boost as well as a low, middle/treble boost.
- Offers that unbeatable premium feel and look
- Comes with an adjustable low or middle equalizer balance for control
- Might not be suitable for beginners
- Based on the Dallas Range master
- Range knob for continuous control over EQ
- Head knob to control boost gain
- True Bypass Switching
- Works best after wah pedals and before fuzz and overdrives. Especially before overdrives
The Naga Viper is another top contender for the best boost pedals on the market for its supreme features and performance. It is a high heat treble boost pedal that can also offer more functionality.
The Catalinbread Naga Viper lets you experience searing solo power or a crunchy breakup.
It also has a range knob, allowing for setting frequency response. I also liked its heat knob, which lets you get a better boost control when selecting an output level you need.
Overall, this pedal can offer you that unwavering tonal integrity and genuine focus. It is also for you if you want a serious tone shaping for its vintage style boost circuitry.
- Comes with a heat knob that allows for better gain control
- Offers a good tone shaping control
- Can be quite heavier than other models on the market
- A one knob pedal that has plenty of tricks up its sleeve
- A booster/buffer/enhancer that will give you that "something", the magic, that you've been looking for
- Can be used as an always-on preamp or buffer, or crank it up to send your amp into natural overdrive
- In the first 25% of the volume knob, you have a natural buffer/enhancer for long cable runs or to add a touch of brightness
- At 25% to 75%, it becomes a volume boost to give a nice push to solos or to create more saturation in front of an overdrive
The JHS Prestige Boost is a top rated effects pedal and for reasons. Guitarists and musicians from all over the world are claiming it is their best companion for their pedal boards.
I liked its simplicity that packs tons of value to your pedal board. While it looks basic, the buffer boost pedal is the better choice for adding three tools to the pedal board.
Using it, you will feel like you’re using new guitar strings to your instrument. In addition, this awesome pedal combines a clean boost and high headroom, making it more versatile.
You will also like that the pedal is pedalboard friendly and offers ease of use for its single knob operation. This model can also be adjusted based on what the situation is calling for.
- Can work as a transparent buffer compensating high frequency operation losses
- Pedalboard-friendly design and ease of operation for its one-knob operation
- Can be tricky to use at first
- Not as durable as others on the market are
Pro Tips about Boost Pedals
Sweetwater.com says that boost pedals are used to increase the signal level of your guitar. For many, they use the boost pedal if they are also using a tube amplifier.
Why use a boost pedal
A good one may be able to produce a significant amount of gain to push the signal into a lead tone territory. And when you switch the amp before its breaking up point, you can switch between overdriven or clean tones.
Some also make use of boost pedals because they have long cables or long chain of pedals. In any of these cases, you may be able to find a pedal at your chain’s end that can help in keeping the signal level to the amp.
So basically, you really need to have a boost pedal if you would like to boost up a low output guitar before the effects chain.
Knowing the types of boost pedals
There are certain types of boost pedals, according to Heavy.com. One of the most popular one includes the clean boost, which is used to make the sound louder, not to color it.
Also, there is the bass, midrange and treble boost used to push your instrument out in front of a live mix during a solo performance by upping the frequencies’ volume.
Check out this video about Volume Boost Pedals and know the hidden gems of an effects pedal
OUR TOP CHOICE FOR THE BEST BOOST PEDALS
For our roundup of the best boost pedals, the clear winner is the Xotic EP Booster Effect Pedal. It is a versatile and easy to use boost pedal that has the complete and solid features, aside from top quality components and superb functions we want.
It has a low impedance output and offers a rich sound. You can also customize the boost easily and get a nice boost tone that adds definition. Pick it if you want a versatile and easy to operate boost pedal.