Playing the bass guitar is actually a pretty cool idea, especially if you’ve got dreams of creating a band.
But with the many kinds of bass guitars for beginners out there, where can you start the search for the perfect one?
I made this buying guide for the best bass guitars for beginners to help you out!
Let’s get started, shall we?
5 Best Bass Guitars For Beginners in 2019
- BEST FOR BEGINER:Full-size 48 inch cutaway dreadnought body for full and vibrant tone, suited for all styles of music,including rock, country, folk, blues and more. bring you richer and brighter sound.
- COMFORTABLE HAND FEELING & RELIABLE QUALITY: The body and fingerboard of the guitar are respectively made of high-quality paulownia and rose. Our well-made guitar will be showed in smooth feeling, suitable thickness handle, gliding fret, precise chord distance and comfortable strings.
- WELL-APPOINTED SET: Take your beginner guitar to lessons or on vacation with the included storage bag. Also included everything you need to start playing right out of the box like a shoulder strap, tuner, picks and Amp cord.
- PERFECT GIFT FOR CHIRLDREN GUITARIST: Ideal present for Birthday, Christmas, New Year, Black Friday and any other specail days, also sitable for the travelling.
- WARRANTY: We promise 6-months warranty. Return within 30 days, Exchange within 60 days. Any problems with your guitar, please contact us any time at your convenience. We will try our best to solve it.
For those who want a quality guitar without the expensive price, then I highly recommend that you get the Safeplus Electric Bass Guitar. I commend this brand for having the quality instruments without breaking the bank. still coming with the good construction that makes it playable for beginners and students.
For its price and package, you can’t go wrong with this investment. The accessories it comes with aren’t the best quality but it can work well for those just starting out. With its good finish and sturdy construction, it’s a great investment!
- Comfortable to play with for beginners
- Sturdy construction and durable enough to last
- The guitar produces the full and vibrant tone for any genre
- A bit too small for larger-framed people
- Accessories aren’t good quality
- Stable quality and stylish design-the electric bass guitar is made up of a wooden body, which is characterized by firmness that allows you to play freely. This durable guitar can withstand years of wear and tear. With the polished surface, the guitar looks more smooth and shiny.
- Better tones and better feelings-electric bass guitar provides you with a smooth tone, it is the ideal choice for rock music, you can use it to play blues, and everything else. The natural bright sound of the guitar complements the warm sound of solid wood.
- Easy to carry guitar bags-Electric guitar comes with a travel bag, so you can take your guitar to class or wherever you want. You can lift or hold a guitar with a strap. Package design with zipper off, you can also easily keep your score or accessories inside.
- Excellent gifts and excellent customer service-electric guitar is a gift for new aspiring musicians or guitar lovers. It is designed to be stylish, affordable, and of good quality. Our professional team not only provides qualified products with favorable prices, but also provides high quality customer service.
- Complete accessories-electric bass guitar is fully equipped with accessories, packaging includes 1 × electric guitar, 1 × guitar bag, 1 × shoulder strap, 1 × guitar pick, 1 × Anpusheng. When you get the guitar, you can play it.
What makes the Polar Aurora Electric Bass Guitar an excellent purchase is because it comes with the complete starter kit for beginners to take advantage of. It has the rosewood fingerboard and maple neck with a solid wood body. You can see by the looks alone that it has the durability to last for a long time of practicing and training.
The body is clean and without scratches, producing decent sound as long as it’s tuned properly. While it takes time to get used to the feel and adjustments, it’s a great way for beginners to learn.
- Has a complete package to start learning
- A long with the amo cord
- Stable quality with the stylish design and durable construction
- Has the smooth tone for a beginner bass guitar
- The strings aren’t great quality and require replacement
- The guitar takes time to tune and adjust
- Electric Bass Guitar
- 46" Full Size Electric Bass Guitar
- Pickups: Split P-B P/U
- Regulator: Volume - Tone
- Set Includes: Gig Bag, Extra Strings, Pick, Should Strap, CrescentTM Digital E-Tuner
The Crescent Electric Bass Guitar comes at such an affordable price without scrimping on quality! It’s beginner-worthy and better to learn from than to play in performances obviously, but newbies will appreciate both its appearance and decent sound quality.
Many would expect a lower-quality instrument for its price, but it actually plays considerable well. There is a bit of a buzzing sound as you play, but this is normal for lower-end guitars suitable for students and beginners. It’s great for those starting off from scratch and students who plan on upgrading when they level up.
- Lightweight and easy to handle for beginners
- Great starter bass with the basics easy to learn from
- Has good sound quality with only a bit of buzz
- The accessories aren’t made of good quality and feel cheap
- Only guitar’s flaw is one of the tuners (doesn’t affect tuning or playability)
- 🎸 Stable Quality & Fashionable Design---The electric bass is constructed with a wood body, it features solidity so that you can play it freely. The durable bass will stand up to years of wear and tear. With a polished surface, the bass looks smoother and more shiny. Besides, There are black & white and blue & white two colors for you to choose, it can satisfy your different aesthetics.
- 🎸 Better Tones & Good feelings---The electric bass delivers a smooth tone for you, it is ideal choice for rock and roll, you can use it to play the blues, and everything else in between. The natural, bright sound of the bass complements the warm sounds of the solid wood.
- 🎸 Bass Travel Bag Easy for Carrying---The electric bass comes with a travel bag, so you can take your bass to your lesson or anywhere you want. You can lift or carry the bass with straps. The bag designed with zip closures, you can also keep your music score or accessories inside conveniently.
- 🎸 Great Gift & Quality Customer Service---The electric bass is a great gift for new, aspiring musicians or bass enthusiasts with fashionable design, reasonable price and excellent quality. Our professional teams not only offer qualified products with favorable price to our customers, but also great customer service.
- 🎸 Complete Accessories---The electric bass is fully equipped with accessories The package is include 1×Electric Bass, 1×Bass bag, 1×Shoulder Strap, 1×Bass pick, 1×Amp Cord. When you receive the bass, you can play it directly.
The Goplus Electric Bass Guitar is simply constructed but still more than enough when you want to learn the ropes. I commend it most for its excellent design and appearance. It feels solid and made of the quality wood that produces weighted sounds.
For its price, it offers good tones most ideal for rock and roll or the blues. It has the perfect balance of both bright and warm sounds, better than most beginner electric bass guitars of its price range.
- Lightweight and solid body with good balance
- No neck dive and produces warm yet bright tones
- Tone knobs and pickups feel solid
- The action is pretty high and requires adjustment
- Carrying case has a weird smell
- Basswood Body
- Basswood Top
- Bolt-On Neck
- Maple Fingerboard
- Black Hardware
The Dean Custom Zone Bass Guitar Guitar might be a bit more expensive than other bass guitars tried and tested here, but it’s worth the extra bucks!
For starters, it has the excellent body with sturdy construction, made of basswood and a maple fingerboard for good tons. Many beginners will also appreciate its vibrant colors, which stand out and look cool to play with.
It offers the good sound when played, a bright yet regular warm tone, though not the professional style. However, it’s passable for learning, making it worth the price.
- Offers the warn and bright sounds to play loudly anywhere
- Excellent quality and can last for years of using
- Cool and vibrant colors to choose from
- Not the best location for the amp plug
- You receive the guitar detuned and not set up yet
How to Select a Beginner Bass Guitar
These are the factors to consider when getting a beginner bass guitar:
You can test the neck quality by running your hand along its neck. Make sure that it fits well with your hand, not being too wide or narrow. You’ll want a good feel of the guitar, having an adequate weight you can carry.
Quality Finish and Body Materials
While your bass guitar doesn’t need to be made of the topnotch, expensive quality (yet), it should still be made of the balanced weight and craftsmanship to produce the quality sound. Check if the guitar has uneven surfaces and is made of quality wood and materials.
Inspect the tuners, bridge, controls, and pickups, seeing that they are aligned and attached well. Everything should feel smooth and with only a bit of resistance. Sure, you’re getting a guitar that isn’t the most professional or expensive but having one that works will help you learn the ropes better.
Want more insight on selecting your first bass guitar? Here’s a great video for more information!
If you’re planning to get a beginner bass guitar, then you can’t go wrong with Safeplus Electric Bass Guitar! Coming with a complete package including an amplifier, you’ve got everything you need to start playing now. It’s most recommended for fellow beginners who want to learn the ropes to create their own band and music.
Hopefully, this article on the best bass guitars for beginners helped you find the perfect one for you. If you have questions or want to share your experiences with starter bass guitars, then do comment below! I would love to hear what you have to think.
|1||Electric Bass Guitar, Safeplus Starters Acoustic Guitar Full Size 4 String Package with Guitar Bag,...||16 Reviews||$84.99 $79.99||See Deal|
|2||Acoustic Folk Guitar, Safeplus Multi-color Beginners 6 Strings Guitar with Guitar Case, Strap,...||21 Reviews||$74.99||See Deal|
|3||D'Addario EXP12 with NY Steel 80/20 Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings, Coated Medium, 13-56||236 Reviews||$11.99 $9.49||See Deal|
|4||Electric Guitar, 39in Wooden 6-String Electric Guitar Rosewood Fingerboard Includes All Accessories,...||$86.99 $69.59||See Deal|
|5||Ukulele Soprano Starter Kit, SAFEPLUS Professional 21 Inch Basswood Ukulele Concert Ukulele For Kids...||$24.99||See Deal|