A guitar can be seen in any form of band. It is a staple instrument.
It is no secret that in any band, the guitarist is found to be more popular than say the drummer or the bass player.
A guitar is a six-stringed orchestra. With enough practice and dedication, it can potentially play any time of music in the world.
That’s why the guitarist loves his guitar so much.
That’s why he chooses wisely which guitar to buy.
Of course, as a beginner, it is important that you research well what guitar suits you, otherwise, you’d find it gathering dust in no time.
Choosing a guitar
According to thehub.musiciansfriend.com, here are some basic things to consider when buying a guitar.
A beginner friendly guitar is much smaller than an average guitar so it’s easier to reach the frets, and the strings. Your finger will not tangle as much. An intermediate guitar will be more spaced, but also leave your hands open for experimentation.
The shape of your guitar affects its sound. Bet you didn’t know that!
A turtle back guitar will recurve sound more directly forwards while a flat backed guitar will spread the sound more widely.
Nylon strings are generally softer than steel strings, but have this obvious echo/ringing after a strum. Steel strings are harder, but the echo/ringing doesn’t last as long, or is not as obvious.
The 7 best acoustic guitars under $100
- A unique mini 6-string nylon guitar that is sized like a baritone ukulele (17" scale) and plays like a guitar
- The guitalele's tuning is pitched up to "A" (or up to a 4th) at A/D/G/C/E/A.
- Nylon Strings
- Comes with a soft case bag
This guitar is oddly designed. It plays like a guitar but is almost the same size as a baritone ukulele.
For a ukulele player trying to get into the guitar world, this might be a fresh breath of air, and an opportunity to slowly shift over into larger instruments.
For its price, your basically buying both a guitar and a ukulele.
It’s also very convenient to carry around, even with just one arm.
- Comes with own case
- Small and easy to use
- Perfect instrument for familiarizing ukulele players with guitar feel and sound
- Guitar players will find this instrument too small to be comfortably playable
- Select Spruce top. Catalpa sides and back. Mahogany neck
- Alternative/engineered/Tech wood Fingerboard and Bridge
- Fully adjustable truss rod
An attractively colored design to make people really look at your guitar strumming, this red-finished guitar reflects the guitarist that holds it.
Fierce, bold, and attractive. An eye catcher that, oddly enough, you can hear very well.
- Attractive design
- Mahogany build
- Steel stringed
- Not very beginner friendly
- But intermediate players will find this negligible
- 1/2 Size Acoustic Guitar: This 1/2 nylon string guitar is ideal for ages 3-11. It looks and sounds great. Easy to play for a beginner or a experienced player
- Solid Basswood Top Back Sides: Strong Wind 30 inch guitar features a Laminated linden Top and sturdy & full-size dreadnought body with smooth curves, promoting comfort during playing.
- Smooth Tuning Pegs: The pegs of this beginner guitar are smooth and well made . It is easy to adjust with the chrome geared tuning head to keep the guitar in tune.
- Easy To Tune: The nylon strings may stretch, so please tune it every 5 minutes when you play it at the first time. And then, it will hold its tune. Enjoying learning a guitar after it is get in tune.
- 12 Months Warranty And Provide Guitar Learning Materials, Contact us for textbooks and warranty anytime : [email protected]
Much smaller than a regular guitar, this guitar prides itself on being beginner friendly. At half the size of a regular guitar, this guitar is easily playable for most people, especially people with a much lower reach like young teenagers.
It also uses nylon strings for a much softer press.
It’s comfortably sized, at around 41 inches long.
- Nylon strings
- Much softer to press
- And will not potentially cut the skin
- Harming the user
- Half the size of a regular guitar
- Very reachable and beginner friendly
- Taller people
- Or people with longer reach
- Will find this instrument uncomfortable to play
- Nylon strings have a very noticeable echo/ringing sound after strumming then letting go
- High Quality :All wood construction, Real music instrument. real guitar for kids
- Professional Technology: Gloss Natural Finish, The Acoustic Guitar has a loud and bright ringing tone that clearly projects to the listener
- Traditional Craft:The strings are made of high carbon steel and use surface coating technology to make it full of elasticity and can effectively reduce burden of fingers
- A Awesome Gift: This acoustic guitar is a great gift for child on Christmas/New Year/Thanksgiving/Birthday/Party, meanwhile,1/2 size and light weight also fits students or beginner kids adults. it is suitable for everyone who starts to play a musical instrument. You are worth it!!
- Beginner Guitar ：Measuring at only 30", this guitar will fit comfortably with 3-10 age and the petite adult lady, not a guitar toy is a professional guitar suitable for children and can learn more professional knowledge in entertainment
This guitar is a smaller version of the small version mentioned above.
While number three on our list was a 41 inch long guitar, this one is a 30 inch long guitar.
Oh yes, it’s much shorter, but that doesn’t mean it can’t get the job done.
It is made with wood, and uses the much preferred steel strings instead of nylon ones, meaning despite the size, it sounds much better than number three on our list.
- A small guitar aimed for smaller people
- Or an age group of 3-10 years old
- Uses steel strings for authentic sound
- Steel strings may strain the fingers
- Uncomfortable to use if one is used to regular guitars
- [ WIDELY DESIGN ]: Ergonomic shape and padded handle make fret positioning easy.Designed for Acoustic and Electric Guitars, also fit other different Instruments, such as Ukulele, Banjo, Bass, folk guitars, Mandolin
- [ PERFECT MATERIAL ]: Lightweight Top Zinc Alloy + Delicate Silicone Pad + Excellent Strong Spring.Guitar Capo can not only protect your favorite guitar from any scratches or damage, but have a lone life to use
- [ HIGH PERFORMANCE ]: Steel Spring with internal memory to provide strength and fatigue resistance. It will put just enough pressure on each guitar
- [ STRING NAIL PULLING ]: Help to pull out the string nail more easily. Another function of the guitar capo except changing keys
- [ EASY TO USE ]: Quickly change position between frets on stage with one hand.No fret buzz - stays in tune with a great intonation in all frets
Six inches longer than number four on our list, this guitar prides itself on being beginner friendly too.
It uses materials such as zinc-alloy that pads the entire guitar making it scratch resistant.
It also uses the much preferred steel string, claiming that the steel string they use does not make a buzz sound while changing frets.
- Small size
- Perfect for young teenager learning for the first time
- Steel strings make the sound better compared to nylon strings
- Does not use wood as a main material
- Wood resonates sounds better than synthetic material
- Uncomfortable to use by people with longer reach
- Cutaway Body
- Linden Top, Back & Sides
- Mapled Fingerboard
- Chrome Tuners & Brass Frets
- Cream Fingerboard & Body Binding
This guitar is comfortable sized for the average guitar player. Attractively red-finished and made with wood, this guitar feels just as good as it sounds.
- Aesthetically pleasing red finish
- Wood build
- Uses steel strings
- So despite being comfortable to hold
- A beginner might find the strings uncomfortable to press
- 43 inch length
- Longer than standard
- People with lower reach will struggle to play some frets
- BEST FOR BEGINER: Full-size 41 inch cutaway dreadnought body for full and vibrant tone, perfect for guitar lessons, recitals, band rehearsals, on-stage performances and so on.
- COMFORTABLE HAND FEELING & RELIABLE QUALITY: The body and fingerboard of the guitar are respectively made of high-quality basswood plywood and Birchwood. Our well-made guitar will be showed in smooth feeling, suitable thickness handle, gliding fret, precise chord distance and comfortable strings.
- WELL-APPOINTED SET: Take your beginner guitar to lessons or on vacation with the included storage bag. Also included everything you need to start playing right out of the box like a shoulder strap, strings, picks and tuner.
- PERFECT GIFT FOR CHIRLDREN GUITARIST: Ideal present for Birthday, Christmas, New Year, Black Friday and any other special days, also suitable for the travelling.
- WARRANTY: We promise 6-months warranty. Return within 30 days, Exchange within 60 days. Any problems with your guitar, please contact us any time at your convenience. We will try our best to solve it.
This full sized 41 inch guitar is made of basswood, plywood, and birchwood.
Well built and comes fully packed with its own case and picks, this guitar is a real steal for its price.
- Full sized guitar
- Includes basic guitarist needs like a case
- A strap
- And picks
- Size might deter some people with lower reach
And the winner is
This acoustic folk guitar surely has many merits going for it. It is a full sized guitar that comes with its own case and equipment.
Easy to use and beginner friendly this guitar is a perfect fit for most, if not all guitarist.
Made with wood and using the well preferred steel strings, this guitar is made to look, feel, and sound great on a daily basis no matter where you may be. Just open the case, click on the strap, and start strumming the classics.